Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 15:05   #4036
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I have no interest is mind reading anybody, my post was solely aimed at you posting stuff up, that went on about levels of Education with voters. We cannot keep blaming education or side stepping all the other viable reasons as to why people voted the way they did.
It's not blaming anyone though but noting a difference in how various groups voted. In this case those with and without a university education voted differently.

For example maybe the disadvantages of migration hit jobs that don't require higher education more than those than do. Similar to what you've said in point 6.

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian View Post
So the bbc waste licence payers' money trying to pigeonhole people who don't conform to their way of thinking, SHOCK HORROR!
This isn't their data, they got it from local authorities.

Last edited by Damien; 06-02-2017 at 15:13.
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2017, 15:21   #4037
RizzyKing

Sorry but we have only seen the bbc's interpretation of whatever data they received from local authorities and I don't trust the bbc as far as i can throw them and it's been a longtime since they could be relied upon to be unbiased. There has been a persistent campaign in some sections of the media to classify the leave vote as some kneejerk uneducated expression and I'm getting fed up of it. I don't class myself as overly intelligent but given I've read the relevant articles relating to exiting the EU and by those articles a hard exit is basically forced on any leaving nation yet the better educated continuely repeat their demand of a deal to stay in the single market i have trouble believing remain voters were anymore intelligent.

The left and the globalists are really struggling to understand that people don't automatically agree with them and are happy to do as they are told and that's why brexit and trump are the start of a backlash not the conclusion, people have had enough.

Old 06-02-2017, 15:31   #4038
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It's not blaming anyone though but noting a difference in how various groups voted. In this case those with and without a university education voted differently.

For example maybe the disadvantages of migration hit jobs that don't require higher education more than those than do. Similar to what you've said in point 6.

---------- Post added at 14:05 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

This isn't their data, they got it from local authorities.
Thanks Nick and Damien for your contributions to this debate. The report covers the demographics of the areas at a more local level than previously; this is its value.
I genuinely believe the fuller article is well worth a read and in absolutely no way is it a left-wing conspiracy to explain away people's voting intentions.
Whilst it does not re-tread the reasons for people's voting intentions, it does draw on these to explain hyper-local voting patterns that go against local patterns. For example, despite all of Scotland's 32 counting areas coming down on the Remain side "A cluster of six wards in the Banff and Buchan area in north Aberdeenshire had a strong Leave majority of 61%. There is much local discontent within the fishing industry of this coastal district about the EU's common fisheries policy."
Old 06-02-2017, 15:32   #4039
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Sorry but we have only seen the bbc's interpretation of whatever data they received from local authorities and I don't trust the bbc as far as i can throw them and it's been a longtime since they could be relied upon to be unbiased.
This isn't the first study to show an education divide. Pretty much all of them do: http://natcen.ac.uk/media/1319222/na...final-web2.pdf

Incidentally whilst there may be some correlation level of education isn't the same as level of intelligence. Plenty of dumb people with University degrees and even more smart people with no formal education. Also this is just a broad statistic and there were many people with degrees who voted to leave.

Last edited by Damien; 06-02-2017 at 15:36.
Old 06-02-2017, 15:37   #4040
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

The left and the globalists are really struggling to understand that people don't automatically agree with them and are happy to do as they are told and that's why brexit and trump are the start of a backlash not the conclusion, people have had enough.
It is looking like a strong possibility it won't end with just Brexit and Trump...

Marine Le Pen, could be the next shocker for the left.

Don't things occur in 3's ?
Old 06-02-2017, 15:40   #4041
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Sorry but we have only seen the bbc's interpretation of whatever data they received from local authorities and I don't trust the bbc as far as i can throw them and it's been a longtime since they could be relied upon to be unbiased. There has been a persistent campaign in some sections of the media to classify the leave vote as some kneejerk uneducated expression and I'm getting fed up of it. I don't class myself as overly intelligent but given I've read the relevant articles relating to exiting the EU and by those articles a hard exit is basically forced on any leaving nation yet the better educated continuely repeat their demand of a deal to stay in the single market i have trouble believing remain voters were anymore intelligent.

This article is all about the undisputed demographics of the areas that voted. This is public domain data, not the BBC's.
The article is not an argument for or against staying in the EU, that was concluded back in June.
I'll also repeat what I said when I posted my original introduction to this report, intelligence and educational attainment are not the same thing.
Old 06-02-2017, 15:41   #4042
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

I think at this point people are semi-expecting Le Pen winning because of what happened with Trump.
Old 06-02-2017, 15:46   #4043
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I think at this point people are semi-expecting Le Pen winning because of what happened with Trump.
True, but she is ahead, in current round of voting, though some analysis says she won't survive the second round.

They said Trump would not make the nominations, he made the nomination, then they said he would not become President, he is now the President.

But this is a whole subject worthy in a thread of it's own possibly , France Elections 2017, whose going to get the ball rolling.... lol ?
Old 06-02-2017, 15:52   #4044
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

There's always Geert Wilders lurking in the wings:

Quote:
That the Dutch, often caricatured as pragmatic, bourgeois, phlegmatic, business-minded, tolerant and perhaps a little boring, might in March pick a party led by a vulgar rabble-rouser with dyed blond hair to be the biggest in the land is more surprising. But the rise of Geert Wilders, leader (and only official member) of the Freedom party, shows how populism is sweeping across the Netherlands too. Wilders was one of the main attractions at the recent far-right jamboree in Koblenz, where he hailed Brexit, Donald Trump and what he called the Patriotic Spring in Europe.
Source

Well the yanks did.
Old 06-02-2017, 15:54   #4045
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
True, but she is ahead, in current round of voting, though some analysis says she won't survive the second round.

They said Trump would not make the nominations, he made the nomination, then they said he would not become President, he is now the President.

But this is a whole subject worthy in a thread of it's own possibly , France Elections 2017, whose going to get the ball rolling.... lol ?
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33704413
Old 06-02-2017, 16:33   #4046
Cable Forum

Cable Forum has reached the bronze age
Cable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze ageCable Forum has reached the bronze age

This thread is now closed and a new one started here:-

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...php?t=33704414
Old 06-02-2017, 16:40   #4047
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
I really did not think you would would dare start another Election thread, brave soul lol.
Closed Thread