Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | cancelling virgin phone

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

1899 not working

Old 19-08-2010, 12:08   #1
judexx
Inactive

judexx is an unknown quantity at this point
1899 not working

Have Virgin barred calls to 1899 - I keep getting the engaged tone on my virgin land line, but I can get through (using the same tel no) on my mobile.

Does anyone have any info ?

TIA
judexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-08-2010, 12:18   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: 1899 not working

From the 1899 website

Quote:
Especially for all NTL, Telewest, other non-BT landline and mobile customers! Due to great demand you can now also benefit from cheap 1899-rates via our dedicated freephone number 0808 1 708 708
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2010, 12:25   #3
judexx
Inactive

Sorry I didn't make my self clear - I was calling the 08081708708 tel no to get onto 1899 - but it's been engaged all morning. Never happened before in over 5 years of using the service.
Old 19-08-2010, 12:28   #4
TheNorm
Inactive

Services: Sky TV, VM TV, 20meg bb, tel, and a lobster (but the lobster died).
TheNorm has a nice shiny star
TheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny starTheNorm has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by judexx View Post
Sorry I didn't make my self clear - I was calling the 08081708708 tel no to get onto 1899 - but it's been engaged all morning. Never happened before in over 5 years of using the service.
I use this service too - and just had a "number unobtainable" tone.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2010, 15:30   #5
judexx
Inactive

Thumbs up Working again now

Panic over - it seems to be working again - very strange.