Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Business Useless

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Virgin Business Useless

Old 09-12-2011, 16:44   #31
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Business Useless

The link then wouldn't be much good for you as it's about the combined or BB packages

Perhaps Stephen (a mod who works for VMB) might be able to help? (even if it's just a better contact number)
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-12-2011, 16:52   #32
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
That's not your problem, and isn't really a good excuse. If they improved their service, then they would probably have far more customers, and wouldn't have to cut staff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
If only life were that simple........
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
The basics of business are that simple. You provide a service that there is demand for, at a competitive price, with excellent customer service, then in theory you should do well.

If your competition does the same, then you need to do something to make your business stand out from the others.

If VMB provide a poor customer service (especially for new customers), then they will have no incentive to use their services. And this is where the downhill spiral starts.
But in practice, you have to have the appropriate product implemented and supported well, it has to be marketed well, and you need the staff trained and willing to serve the customer, and you need all these facets to meld together to provide the optimum customer experience.

Your challenge with this, imho, is that you do not seem to accept the fact that in large/very large organisations, there are people who are not as customer-focused* as they should be, and they can be difficult to re-educate/remove, and thus some customers receive sub-standard service (which is wrong, but so is getting wet whilst waiting for a bus, but sometimes, stuff happens). You may have experience running a small "virtual" business, where you can be very "hands on (even in a virtual sense)" with the small number of employees you may have, but the challenges involved when you have multi-site, multi-disciplinary teams of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of employees, with a vast range of independent and/or interdependent products and services, is a completely different matter - you can spot/fix a "bad egg" if you have a couple of employees fairly quickly, but this is much more problematic when you increase that number by the tens of thousands.

Now, this is not excusing sub-optimal customer service, but trying to explain some of the reasons why it occurs.

So, as I said originally, If only life were that simple........

*to put it nicely...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 17:14   #33
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Hi, can I ask what number you have been using to contact VM Business?

I am in the provisioning side of things so don't really have any dealings with pricing or packages but can try to help you get in contact with the team.
Old 09-12-2011, 21:34   #34
Threepints
Inactive

Threepints is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Hi, can I ask what number you have been using to contact VM Business?

I am in the provisioning side of things so don't really have any dealings with pricing or packages but can try to help you get in contact with the team.
I have used the number from the business web site 0800 953 0180, also the email contact on there (get back to you in 48 hours. Two weeks nothing), I also emailed directly members of the sales team with no reply.

Many thanks for offering to help but it is now to late. VMB have lost the chance of my business. I gave them in total five attempts to get my business. They failed miserably.
Threepints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 20:03   #35
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
But in practice, you have to have the appropriate product implemented and supported well, it has to be marketed well, and you need the staff trained and willing to serve the customer, and you need all these facets to meld together to provide the optimum customer experience.

Your challenge with this, imho, is that you do not seem to accept the fact that in large/very large organisations, there are people who are not as customer-focused* as they should be, and they can be difficult to re-educate/remove, and thus some customers receive sub-standard service (which is wrong, but so is getting wet whilst waiting for a bus, but sometimes, stuff happens). You may have experience running a small "virtual" business, where you can be very "hands on (even in a virtual sense)" with the small number of employees you may have, but the challenges involved when you have multi-site, multi-disciplinary teams of tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of employees, with a vast range of independent and/or interdependent products and services, is a completely different matter - you can spot/fix a "bad egg" if you have a couple of employees fairly quickly, but this is much more problematic when you increase that number by the tens of thousands.

Now, this is not excusing sub-optimal customer service, but trying to explain some of the reasons why it occurs.

So, as I said originally, If only life were that simple........

*to put it nicely...
You have hit the nail on the head there Hugh.

It's a problem faced by many large companies. However it isn't something that can't be solved by proper management, and training.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 22:11   #36
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

As I said before, if it were only that simple (and I have worked in very large companies, Barclays Capital, BT Cellnet, Next, and with companies like IBM, HP/Compaq etc) - there are always people who can play the system, and it is more trouble (especially in a unionised environment) that it is worth....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:28   #37
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
As I said before, if it were only that simple (and I have worked in very large companies, Barclays Capital, BT Cellnet, Next, and with companies like IBM, HP/Compaq etc) - there are always people who can play the system, and it is more trouble (especially in a unionised environment) that it is worth....
That's where good management comes in.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:33   #38
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

I must admit I have never had an email response from the email page on the Virgin Media Business page, and have tried several times. As has been pointed out they claim to respond in 48 hours!

Once you get through to sone of the team they seem good though.

The website leaves a lot to be desired in the broadband section. Quite why they bothered to update it I don't know, at least before it quoted prices and bandwidths available, but not now.

The new VMB broadband services are 30 MB/s and 50 Mb/s
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 10:11   #39
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

I've never had an email response but the two time I have filled it in I have been called within a few days by CS
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-12-2011, 14:22   #40
Threepints
Inactive

Threepints is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
I've never had an email response but the two time I have filled it in I have been called within a few days by CS
Unfortunately that was not my experience.
Threepints is offline   Reply With Quote