Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | BoxNation on Virgin Media?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Old 02-10-2011, 21:34   #61
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: BoxNation on Virgin Media?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Well FIVE HD launched before a press release
Very true however I wonder how many days or weeks before launch Virgin and Five agreed the carriage deal.

Let's say Virgin and Box Nation agree a deal tomorrow, can the channel realistically be up and running by the 15th October? This is more of a question aimed at a member of Virgin staff, or someone that has previous inside knowledge or experience of channel launches. Media Boy, can you help on this one?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-10-2011, 21:37   #62
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

I remember virgin media saying on twitter that if they signed a deal for any channel they could launch the week after
HD Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 21:42   #63
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Very true however I wonder how many days or weeks before launch Virgin and Five agreed the carriage deal.

Let's say Virgin and Box Nation agree a deal tomorrow, can the channel realistically be up and running by the 15th October? This is more of a question aimed at a member of Virgin staff, or someone that has previous inside knowledge or experience of channel launches. Media Boy, can you help on this one?
l really do hope thay Box Nation comes on Virgin for you Chad as it will be sad to lose you to the other side.
Old 02-10-2011, 21:43   #64
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
it will be sad to lose you to the other side.
Don't you mean the dark side
Old 02-10-2011, 21:45   #65
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Ah Muppetman and his minions.
Old 02-10-2011, 21:46   #66
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

I think the launches date can happen the next day if virgin want it do but that is unlike to happen.

55% of me think it up to that broadcaster when they launch.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Media Boy UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 21:47   #67
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Ah Muppetman and his minions.
I'll pay my money to any company which provides me the best service with the channels I require and that is currently Sky.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 21:54   #68
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I'll pay my money to any company which provides me the best service with the channels I require and that is currently Sky.
And you have every right to do that and l for one will never criticise you.
Old 02-10-2011, 22:00   #69
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
And you have every right to do that and l for one will never criticise you.
I know
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 22:09   #70
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Totally agree. I was happy with Virgin based on their overall offering however now I've realised it's linear channels I want. Whilst I'll miss catch-up TV, I can still access iPlayer, STV Player, Demand 5 and 4 OD via my laptop hooked up to my TV. Not the best but still free of charge. Also I've finally realised that I really don't need 50Mb broadband. SKY's broadband won't come anywhere near what I've got but I will be able to access Anytime +.

When I think back from when I lived with my parents to now, one way or another I've had access to Telewest / Virgin services for about 16 years. The first time we got cable it was installed on Christmas Eve back in 1995. It was the first time we had access to SKY or any form of pay TV. Some might think this is really sad however the day we got cable was one of the best days I can remember. That day was better than Christmas. We jumped from 4 channel TV to about 50 channels and it was great. Finally I could watch the Simpsons, finally I could watch Rangers live on TV, finally I could watch WWF and finally I could watch some of the biggest fights in boxing. I think it's that kind of memory that built my fondness for cable, Telewest then Virgin. Even when my Mum and Dad switched to SKY I kept cable and then got the internet installed in my bedroom too.

If Virgin could just deliver the things that I'm looking for quicker, they'd genuinely have a customer for life. I think it's visiting forums like these that have highlighted just what I'm missing over at SKY, and how long and drawn out channel launches can be on Virgin with little or no communication to their expecting customers.
Old 02-10-2011, 22:12   #71
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Will you stay with virgin media if Boxnation comes this month. Which is a big IF

"Nick_London" over at digital spy has posted this
Quote:
I asked that office myself and they said there are no plans to launch any new channels and the only confirmed channels are the UKTV HD channels as well as ITV HD channels and Sky Atlantic is still to be negotiated with the broadcaster.

Reason for the lack of channels is because some channels are restricted to Sky only due to Sky carriage contract terms other reasons are because Virgin Media don't feel that there is a big demand for them.
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/11...-page-186.html
Old 02-10-2011, 22:32   #72
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Will you stay with virgin media if Boxnation comes this month. Which is a big IF
To stay with Virgin I need 100% confirmation that Box Nation will be launching. If I've not had confirmation by the 09th October then I need to go to SKY.

Virgin are on the brink of delivering plenty of new HD channels, and SKY Anytime, which really excites me but without Box Nation it'll all be a let down. I'll be able to get all of the above from SKY within the next 10 days, plus plenty more HD channels. The truth is though I'd rather get them from Virgin.

For people who think I'm mad or don't fully understand how aggrieved I feel, imagine a channel launched solely dedicated to your hobby and passion and you can't get access to it because your TV provider don't carry the channel. I'm in no doubt discussions have happened between Box Nation and Virgin however how many other channels have been in negotiations for years without their channel every launching? There is only 1 way I can guarantee myself access to Box Nation and that is by joining SKY. I don't want to rely on illegal streams and downloads to watch the channel.
Old 02-10-2011, 22:41   #73
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

I don't think your mad. I fully understand you
Old 03-10-2011, 18:29   #74
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

I don't think your mad I understand exactly where your coming from.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 19:57   #75
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:

It's possible.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote