Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Close up picture quiz help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Most ridiculous complaint

Old 21-12-2010, 14:52   #1
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Talking Most ridiculous complaint

Yes I know I'm sad but I do quite like checking out product reviews and having a giggle at some of the nonsense people spout. One of my favourites was posted on the QVC (IIRC) and concerned a ladder. The rather annoyed reviewer had bought the item and given it a very bad review because it was too short!

Another comes from personal experience. Some years ago I answered my business line one day only to be greeted by a torrent of abuse from a very disgruntled client who hardly stopped to take breath. When I finally managed to get a word in, I asked for his name and immediately checked the file.

"I see, so you haven't received your final documents yet then?" I asked.

"No and I want my money back!" came the angry reply.

"Well according to our records the second set of draft documents was sent to you for checking over 2 weeks ago..." I pointed out...

"I know, I have them right here and I've been waiting ever since!..." he rudely interrupted.

"....and we're still awaiting their return together with your final instructions which is why nothing else has been done to date." I continued.....

At that point the line went very quiet for some strange reason.......

After a few seconds he then demanded to speak to the manager and didn't seem too happy when I told him I was as high as he could get in the chain of command and that he wouldn't be getting his money back anytime soon..

I dare say anyone who deals with the general public experiences this sort of thing all the time, so has anyone here got any other classics to relate?
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-12-2010, 18:04   #2
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age
Re: Most ridiculous complaint

A customer review of the second edition of a "how to" photography book (described clearly as "the updated edition") on a well-known web site. The reviewer bought both the original and this version and complained bitterly that the second edition was "simply a re-write of the first" and a "total waste of money".

Hmmm
Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 20:30   #3
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

I remember booking a vacation for a family group many years ago. The confirmation, final invoice and tickets all showed the same flight departure times (which incidentally would have been read out to them at the time of booking).
They arrived at the airport (and in their words), the check-in staff were a little hurried and short with them. They then went to the duty free shop, and by the time they got to the gate, their flight had gone, and they ended up having to pay the additional travel from one Canary Island to another.
They tried to claim the money back, however since every document had shown the same time (and they'd checked in late- hence the hurried check-in) there was no come back...
Moral of the tale - always listen to what someone is telling you, and read the documentation.
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 22:02   #4
Flyboy
Inactive

Flyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful oneFlyboy is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Yes I know I'm sad but I do quite like checking out product reviews and having a giggle at some of the nonsense people spout. One of my favourites was posted on the QVC (IIRC) and concerned a ladder. The rather annoyed reviewer had bought the item and given it a very bad review because it was too short!
If the ladder was too short, I can't see the problem with him complaining. If I order a twelve foot ladder and it was only ten foot long, I'd be pretty peeved off too.

---------- Post added at 21:02 ---------- Previous post was at 21:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauls9 View Post
A customer review of the second edition of a "how to" photography book (described clearly as "the updated edition") on a well-known web site. The reviewer bought both the original and this version and complained bitterly that the second edition was "simply a re-write of the first" and a "total waste of money".

Hmmm
In which case it was a total waste of money. If nothing was added, then it wasn't updated; makes sense to me.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2010, 22:06   #5
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
If the ladder was too short, I can't see the problem with him complaining. If I order a twelve foot ladder and it was only ten foot long, I'd be pretty peeved off too.
It was the length advertised (as you'd expect) but too short for the purpose he wanted it for!
Old 22-12-2010, 10:18   #6
Pauls9
Inactive

Services: VM TVM HD, BBL, phone; BT phone; Freeview.
Pauls9 has reached the bronze age
Pauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze agePauls9 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
In which case it was a total waste of money. If nothing was added, then it wasn't updated; makes sense to me.
Ah - sorry. I didn't make it clear. The product description stated clearly that the second edition was an update of the first. The customer had bought both, somehow expecting them to be completely different and was upset that the second edition contained much the same as the first.
Pauls9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 12:07   #7
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Many, many years ago I worked for a well known travel website and had some cracking complaints.

My favourite was the guy who swore blind he was just looking at flights and at the last moment his cat jumped on the keyboard and happened to land in such a way that it entered his 16 digit credit card number and press confirm.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 12:23   #8
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
Many, many years ago I worked for a well known travel website and had some cracking complaints.

My favourite was the guy who swore blind he was just looking at flights and at the last moment his cat jumped on the keyboard and happened to land in such a way that it entered his 16 digit credit card number and press confirm.
That's one clever cat.
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 12:30   #9
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2010, 12:33   #10
Osem
Inactive

Quote:

Hmmm... my wife also has that problem.....
Old 22-12-2010, 13:55   #11
LondonRoad
Inactive

Services: 30mb BB, XL TV, V+, TiVo, talk unlimited.
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star
LondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny starLondonRoad has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Next deliberately issued my wife with a card that our family pets could enter the number on the keyboard.

Bloody expensive taste those goldfish too.
LondonRoad is offline   Reply With Quote