Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Updated http://192.168.100.1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

UBR up-grades

Old 07-04-2008, 22:03   #1
Berealwith
Inactive

Berealwith is on a distinguished roadBerealwith is on a distinguished road
UBR up-grades

I have been waiting for over 6 months now, to get a decent speed from my once great 20mb connection, only to go through a broadband hell and back only to find out that my UBR needs an upgrade....if you were to put a DEFCON level on it i'm at 10. Without boring you all, and some on here are at different stages of finding out that it will come to a UBR upgrade, then your only option is to wait for the upgrade, i have 5/6 weeks to wait

My questions are "How long have you been waiting" ?

If you have had an upgrade does it get better ?

and after is it worth it......as the guy i spoke to said he's has recieved feedback after people have had the upgrade and it is much better....or it's it just empty words ?

If anyone knows can you please inform us......as the light is very dim here
Berealwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2008, 22:40   #2
ufitm

Services: VM VIP package and DTT freeview
Re: UBR up-grades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berealwith View Post
I have been waiting for over 6 months now, to get a decent speed from my once great 20mb connection, only to go through a broadband hell and back only to find out that my UBR needs an upgrade....if you were to put a DEFCON level on it i'm at 10. Without boring you all, and some on here are at different stages of finding out that it will come to a UBR upgrade, then your only option is to wait for the upgrade, i have 5/6 weeks to wait

and after is it worth it......as the guy i spoke to said he's has recieved feedback after people have had the upgrade and it is much better....or it's it just empty words ?

i hve been told the same since mid febuary given various date all but one have past the last is the 19th of this month,checked on various dates for
updates no one seams to know anything , keeping saying they have got no more news, i have just posted to the support broadband newsgroup
on behalf of all customers asking for a manager or someone higher to give use some news of what is happening
Old 08-04-2008, 01:44   #3
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

bereatwith, what area u in?
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 08:32   #4
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berealwith View Post

It took 5 months and a whole world of complaints for me.
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:52   #5
chrome
Inactive

Services: Broardband XL BB Tv XL V+ M Phone
chrome is on a distinguished roadchrome is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to chrome

i'm in st1 ( stoke on trent ) ours should have been done back in march or so the engineer said who called today. should be upgaraded 22nd april ( not holding my breath )
chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 14:09   #6
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

In Wakefield. Took one day short of six months from the ticket being opened to the upgrade. Went from slow speeds, 10-15% packet loss, slow response time during peak hours to pretty much full on 20 meg at all times.

Now 9 months on things are starting to slow again, so it looks like they have nearly sold all the spare capacity they installed...
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 15:28   #7
hokkers999
cf.addict

hokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
In Wakefield. Took one day short of six months from the ticket being opened to the upgrade. Went from slow speeds, 10-15% packet loss, slow response time during peak hours to pretty much full on 20 meg at all times.

Now 9 months on things are starting to slow again, so it looks like they have nearly sold all the spare capacity they installed...
You can always vote with your wallet and downgrade to 2 meg, save £19/month.

If or when they ever get a properly functional network trade up again.
hokkers999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 16:40   #8
kingabs
Inactive

kingabs is an unknown quantity at this point

Here in DE23 i was shown for the Derby area by a broadband engineer 2nd week april now i am doubting it as i dont get anything 8mbs during the day and after 5pm 3mbs and lower its just appauling VM are just a total bunch of idiots when running their business. They have forgotten without us there would be no VM.
kingabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 16:57   #9
synner
cf.addict

Services: Full House TV, V6, 100Mb B/Band, Freeview, FreeSat, XboX One S
synner is on a distinguished roadsynner is on a distinguished road

Hi,

UBR04 Preston here, been waiting since September 07, 7 months now....

Tickets get raised to upgrade, then when the target dates passes the ticket gets closed and a new one raised ad infinitum...

Finally got SO sick of getting sub 2Mb on a 20Mb connection (Not receiving a single word about the official letter of complaint I sent didn't help) that I rang VM on Monday and got released from contract (4 months left).

So, getting shot of VM in 3 weeks and will NEVER touch them again, I may only get around 5Mb on ADSL but it's a steady and constant 5Mb.

Bri
synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 21:14   #10
Berealwith
Inactive

Berealwith is on a distinguished roadBerealwith is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post

Cheers bud for the reply i will keep on top of it after it gets done nice feedback
Berealwith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 09:31   #11
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star

And as synner said - upgrade dates come and upgrade dates go, but upgrades dont!!

My experience was jan - jul last year, and each time I called the upgrade would be in the next couple of weeks or so.

In the end I made an official complaint to them - not so much about the issues with my connection (though that was annoying), but about the ever changing dates and the promises broken.

The next day I got a call from a nice lady in Scotland - she was a senior complaints manager or something. She seemed to be in a position to knock heads together and get things done and within two weeks things were sorted. I felt that she kept me in the loop with regards to developments, and even called a couple of times after the upgrade to check that things were still OK. She restored my faith in VM customer service.

I dont know if there ever was an actual upgrade or not, but on 'upgrade day' my connection changed from ubr01 to ubr04 - which sorted my issues. So if they just swapped my ubr to shut me up or not I suppose I will never know!!

Now I know that others may well jump on me for saying this, but if you feel that you are only getting X% of your connection speed then it seems fair that while you have issues you should only be paying X% of the monthly subs. I would phone VM and ask for an ongoing credit backdated to when the ticket was opened until the 'fault' is resolved.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Grim
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 13:57   #12
kingabs
Inactive

I think my area de23 has been upgraded today i have never been able to get 19.54mbs during the day at 1pm ever i have have done 5 speed test all at different sites and are all coming back around 18.5 +. but i am not crossing my fingers yet as it may just be a fluke.
Old 09-04-2008, 14:44   #13
chrome
Inactive

speed test do not give a true figure of your download speed. i was told to try this by another post. go to this web site http://nettest.virginm.net/ and download 4 100meg files at the same time. then add the transfer rate together of all 4 files and see what u get.
Old 09-04-2008, 14:52   #14
kingabs
Inactive

yup getting full speeds still + try this virgin site instead http://gamefiles.virginmedia.com/blu...42_mp_demo.exe
Old 09-04-2008, 15:13   #15
chrome
Inactive

web page can not be found i'm getting