Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Business Useless

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Virgin Business Useless

Old 05-12-2011, 15:22   #1
Threepints
Inactive

Threepints is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Business Useless

Hi,

I'm new here, so apologies the first post is a rant. I've been a domestic Virgin customer going back to the days of Telewest.

I recently rang there business customer service (ha!) for information on costs etc for business lines.

The first call was answered by the most disinterested person I could imagine. He gave me some very brief pricing details.

The second call was met with someone who sounded interested & who emailed me a very brief email with the most basic pricing possible on. I emailed him back asking for further information, only to receive no reply at all.

So I then go onto the website and email them (a response in 48 hours it says!) - diddly squat, zilch, nothing!

Do Virgin really have a business service because they will be losing a lot of valuable custom given the customer service experience I have (not) received.

Any way rant over and to end on a positive, I'm a very happy domestic customer.
Threepints is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2011, 01:09   #2
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Virgin Business Useless

I have a business line from VM together with the broadband+Fixed IP address service.
I actually take the call package too which means all UK calls to 01, 02, 08, 03 numbers are free for the first 60 mins. Many international calls are also free for 60 mins - including to USA, Australia, most european countries.

The new packages now include free calls to UK mobiles for up to 10 mins.

Hope this helps.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 01:24   #3
Threepints
Inactive

Thanks for that.

I actually rang again today. As I said I've always been happy with then as a domestic customer. Again I asked for some actual figures through regarding there phone lines & calling plans. I was promised they would be emailed to me by the end of the day.

Surprise! Surprise! Nothing at all arrived. Any chance of any business has now gone I'm afraid.

I also note this topic appears to have been ignored by any Virgin reps that post on the forum.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:03   #4
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

www.virginmediabusiness.co.uk
Old 06-12-2011, 13:44   #5
Threepints
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollp View Post
??????????????????????????
Old 06-12-2011, 22:18   #6
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Well thats were you can your info from for the busines side of VM
Old 06-12-2011, 22:54   #7
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollp View Post
Well thats were you can your info from for the busines side of VM
Not really as the website is so out of date that it doesn't have any of the new packages on it (broadband or phone)
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 22:58   #8
Threepints
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Not really as the website is so out of date that it doesn't have any of the new packages on it (broadband or phone)
Exactly my point.
Old 06-12-2011, 22:59   #9
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threepints View Post
Exactly my point.
One though that most people will not know unless you explain it
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:00   #10
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threepints View Post
Thanks for that.

I actually rang again today. As I said I've always been happy with then as a domestic customer. Again I asked for some actual figures through regarding there phone lines & calling plans. I was promised they would be emailed to me by the end of the day.

Surprise! Surprise! Nothing at all arrived. Any chance of any business has now gone I'm afraid.

I also note this topic appears to have been ignored by any Virgin reps that post on the forum.
Apart from Stephen, we are all on the consumer (residential) side of the business, so are unable to offer any advice as far as the business products go. We also post in our own time, so have no obligation to reply
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:43   #11
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Maybe the OP should try the VM forum site, as their staff don't seem to want to help you.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:50   #12
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Maybe the OP should try the VM forum site, as their staff don't seem to want to help you.
They are residential fault staff too, so will have no knowledge of the business products.

The OP has already been advised the web address for VM Business.
Old 07-12-2011, 12:05   #13
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
They are residential fault staff too, so will have no knowledge of the business products.

The OP has already been advised the web address for VM Business.
Didn't you see Kymmy's response??

Personally, if I was going to advertise the fact that I work for a company in my forum login details, then I would go out of the way to find out the answers for someone, if I didn't know.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:08   #14
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Didn't you see Kymmy's response??

Personally, if I was going to advertise the fact that I work for a company in my forum login details, then I would go out of the way to find out the answers for someone, if I didn't know.
Probably best to call VM Business again then if the website is indeed out of date. I don't have a clue on the packages for Business

EDIT: I see you are new around here, Tim.... I'm not going to get dragged in to this old argument around VM Staff and what we are supposed to do in our spare time.

Please read THIS
Old 07-12-2011, 12:17   #15
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era

The VMB website has changed as it used to quote 10 & 20 Mb/s business broadband. When the new servcies were launched it changed to the info it has right now.

However there is virtually no useful information about the products they offer there. I do wonder if this is because they have effectively soft launched and more information might be published soon. Not even quoting the bandwidth options available is a glaring omission.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote