Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Boxing 2012

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Boxing 2012

Old 17-12-2012, 10:59   #211
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
Re: Boxing 2012

Danny Garcia has said he will be happy to fight Khan and that he will beat Khan again
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-12-2012, 11:19   #212
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The question is has he improved for going to a new trainer?.
Yes, I'm not the first to pin a recent downfall on Freddie Roach, It's no coincidence that Freddie Roach's camp is falling apart. His fighters have yet to win in over a year and the job is finally getting the better of the man, Hall of famer no doubt and he's a boxing idol but he just has too many names on his books.

Roach can be credited for making Khan who he is in terms of American exposure, Virgil however is a different coach to Roach and is massively focused on the defensive side of boxing. Khan looked like Andre Ward and that's what excites me. Virgil made Khan stick to it and the fight was sublime, until I see it executed against a higher opponentI can't be totally convinced, if he gets the rematch with Garcia and destroys him then Tim Bradley will be on his bike again.

Quote:
Danny Garcia has said he will be happy to fight Khan and that he will beat Khan again
If I was Garcia I'd be looking elsewhere, He caught Khan and he knows it, prior to that he was being completely destroyed and got 'lucky' when Khan failed to keep his cool. With Virgil this isn't gonna happen and he'd be lucky to even get a jab off. Garcia is so predictable as a boxer it's scary knowing he's a world champion and as soon as he faces someone with a heavy hand and clever head, he'll be on the judges table face down. The guy closes his eyes when he throws a punch for heavens sake, His dad is worse than him though, someone please put him in the ring. ''We only fight the best in the business'' Anyone care to explain Zab Judah and a well past it Erik Morales?

#KingKhan!
Old 17-12-2012, 14:38   #213
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Just to add to the above, I've made it sound like Garcia will walk over Judah with ease but this isn't the case, Boxing isn't as simple as : Khan > Judah, Garcia > Khan so Garcia must be > Judah.

Khan rushed Judah with amazing speed and accuracy and effectively Zab called it a night (He clearly took a dive) he wanted nothing more to do with the fight and tried to bow out claiming he was subject to a low shot.. if he was wearing his belt on his nipple of course.

Garcia is much slower than Khan and won't give Zab as much trouble, Zab as much as I think he's a complete.. yeah, He'll give Garcia a run for his money, Lucas Matthysse is similar to Garcia, both relying on KO% and both world champions from fighting bums. Zab did go down to Matthysse but it was at the end of a half decent fight in which Zab won via Split.

Floyd Mayweather will be fighting May 4th according to press releases.
Old 19-12-2012, 13:21   #214
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

David Price lines up Tony Thompson (another bum)

God I hate heavyweight boxing..

Thompson is basically a 41 year old Price, has beaten nobody of any class and got a title fight the same way Price & Fury are heading, knocking out old folks.

Note: When Thompson got his title fight, he was battered for 11 rounds by Wlad Klitschko and put out of his misery eventually, he was also demolished by him last year.

Price wins easily, pointless to be honest. When he goes for someone that the Klitschko's didn't simply blow over, I'll start watching. What's wrong with Mariusz Wach? Not as simple as an easy knockout I guess.

I'd love to see the dominance of the Klitschko's be done with but only to someone exciting like Haye. It also hits me that when the brothers hang it up, we can't seriously be left with the likes of Fury or Price as World Champions

Freddie Flintoff might as well make the push for a title, the division isn't going to get any better.

Deontay Wilder made himself known by calling out Haye, Price and anyone else that would bother listening to him. He boasts 100% KO ratio, naturally against fighter's we've never heard of. I hope he gets his wish and either Haye or Price make him regret his silly words. Never going to happen but ey, one can wish.
Old 20-12-2012, 13:29   #215
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Amir Khan eyes Danny Garcia rematch after April return.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/20747975
Old 20-12-2012, 13:49   #216
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

I think Khan will go after Peterson for April.

Garcia needs to get through Judah as well as Khan beating whomever to even think about this fight.

Haye's claiming a contract has been agreed for a bout between himself and Vitali Klitschko and it's now up to Vitali to sign that contract.