Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The state benefits system mega-thread.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The state benefits system mega-thread.

Old 24-07-2013, 21:21   #436
tizmeinnit

Re: The state benefits system mega-thread. Many merged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iFrankie View Post
Well ive had a bad few months due to incapacity changing over to ESA my mental health went pretty bad again due to worrying constantly.

Received my letter today saying i have been awarded ESA and placed in the support group, this is without a medical so this is a huge relief and now i can restart on getting help again.

I do have the say the system is wrong! i find it unfair that i didn't need to go for a medical but someone with a terminal illness has to and they get refused it and sadly they pass away, how is this right? of course i am not well but i think i should of gone for a medical.

the anxiety before hand was worse than the actual medical for me. Glad you got on the support group
Advertisement
Old 24-07-2013, 23:45   #437
tizmeinnit

Just had my newsletter from Benefits and Work and it appears ATOS have lost their monopoly and everyone has to be retrained and the better news for now is it appears the Universal credit software has had to be scrapped meaning there may not be a change to this till the next election

http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/...alling-in-gds/

http://wheresthebenefit.blogspot.be/...ed-by-dwp.html

so all that money saved with bedroom tax and the cuts have all been wasted

300 mill lost with the failed software apparently
Old 24-07-2013, 23:55   #438
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Just had my newsletter from Benefits and Work and it appears ATOS have lost their monopoly and everyone has to be retrained and the better news for now is it appears the Universal credit software has had to be scrapped meaning there may not be a change to this till the next election

http://www.computerworlduk.com/news/...alling-in-gds/

http://wheresthebenefit.blogspot.be/...ed-by-dwp.html

so all that money saved with bedroom tax and the cuts have all been wasted

300 mill lost with the failed software apparently
You may want to read the rest of the first link ,it says nothing about the system being scrapped .it says the I.T is outdated and don't forget it is being rolled out over 4years and is already working in some areas
Old 25-07-2013, 07:26   #439
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
You may want to read the rest of the first link ,it says nothing about the system being scrapped .it says the I.T is outdated and don't forget it is being rolled out over 4years and is already working in some areas
Also it says the following

Quote:
The announcement also laid out plans for the next phase of rollout, which will see another two job centres in the north-west added to the pilot this month. It will then be rolled out to another six job centres from October (Hammersmith, Rugby, Inverness, Harrogate, Bath, Shotton).

“Today we’ve announced the next stage of delivery for Universal Credit, following the successful start of the early roll out in April,” said Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith.

“I am pleased to say that while we press ahead with delivery, we are also ensuring that we have the best long-term approach in place for this transformative benefit.”

He added: “I’m determined to get this right and will not follow the old ways of governing – launching with a big bang and having to clear up the mess afterwards. I will bring in this radical reform safely, and I’m committed to doing it by 2017 and to budget.”

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2013, 09:00   #440
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Also it says the following
I made my post from the info I got from the newsletter I only looked for links as a curtsey to stop the inevitable "where is the link" posters

The architecture is not upto the job and they say it needs to be bought upto scratch on time and on budget well we all know how that happens all the time don't we the release will be slowed down as they do not have the number crunching power to keep up.

it also says which counters Sirius quote

Quote:
There have been numerous reports of problems with the current IT system that has been developed, as well as a number of changes in leadership. However, it is David Pitchford, head of the Major Projects Authority, whom took the lead on the project for three months that has recommended a new system be built to support the current implementation.

He advised that the current Universal Credit technology is already outdated.
I would be all for the Universal credit if it was paid 2 weeks in advance instead of monthly in arrears. Rent will be expected in advance 4 weeks or a full month will leave people £400+ in debt at least to the rent then they have to pay gas and electric all out of money they do not have. It is a terrible idea that will bring hardship to thousands
Old 26-07-2013, 06:00   #441
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Services: V BB 350
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal
Send a message via MSN to iFrankie Send a message via Yahoo to iFrankie

Its just terrible and thanks guys and gals.

They should really recheck what they are doing.

Did any of you read about the man (forgot his name) who went on hunger strike because he was claimed to be fit for work, well he got it in the end.

It takes starving yourself to get your benefits these days by the sounds of it! ALSO i wish the media would stop brainwashing the public into thinking every benefit claimant is a scrounger, its totally not fair.
iFrankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 06:25   #442
tizmeinnit

Quote:
Its just terrible and thanks guys and gals.

They should really recheck what they are doing.

Did any of you read about the man (forgot his name) who went on hunger strike because he was claimed to be fit for work, well he got it in the end.

It takes starving yourself to get your benefits these days by the sounds of it! ALSO i wish the media would stop brainwashing the public into thinking every benefit claimant is a scrounger, its totally not fair.
This is the worst part of what is going on and this is why I keep repeating the figures that show the other side
Old 26-07-2013, 08:08   #443
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

iFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appealiFrankie has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
This is the worst part of what is going on and this is why I keep repeating the figures that show the other side
Shocking isn't it, is the government behind it you think with the media?, i am starting to think so.
Old 26-07-2013, 08:11   #444
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Shocking isn't it, is the government behind it you think with the media?, i am starting to think so.
Yes I think so, with a lot of help from papers Like the Daily Fail.

You can see that it's working even on here by the change in attitude some of the members of CF have.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 08:25   #445
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilligaf1701 View Post

You can see that it's working even on here by the change in attitude some of the members of CF have.
So True. What gets my goat is that there is an opinion of some that you can just walk in, sign on the dotted line and claim everything there is and you're entitled to the lot because you can't be bothered to work. Some just don't realise how hard it is and how rigorous the testing is yet still get called a scrounger or don't believe you.
Old 26-07-2013, 11:35   #446
tizmeinnit

Quote:
The gov spend a fortune spinning

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 ----------

Quote:

for sure

---------- Post added at 11:35 ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
So True. What gets my goat is that there is an opinion of some that you can just walk in, sign on the dotted line and claim everything there is and you're entitled to the lot because you can't be bothered to work. Some just don't realise how hard it is and how rigorous the testing is yet still get called a scrounger or don't believe you.
Most have no clue what it is like now. Most here do not have to apply for low paid jobs because of lack of training.They have no idea of what reality is like for the unemployed and sick

And worst of all they refuse to listen to those with first hand experience instead opting to keep their jaded views and ignorant opinions ( ignorant of the truth not name calling) they are the sheep falling for the propaganda and you can see by how many have fallen for it how well it works
Old 26-07-2013, 21:59   #447
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

What frustrates me in these cicrumstances is that the Benefit system doctors overule your GP.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-2013, 22:51   #448
iFrankie
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
What frustrates me in these cicrumstances is that the Benefit system doctors overule your GP.
This!, there is no one else who knows your circumstances better than your own GP.

I will be visting my GP soon and i may ask if the DWP contacted him over my claim, just to see if they actually do.
Old 27-07-2013, 14:48   #449
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

The answer to iFrankie, is that they do, but this can sometimes takes weeks, However the DWP can and sadly will overrule a GP.

My GP for example is qualified in many fields, and she trains GPs for hospital works, and she often gets overruled by local authorities.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 14:57   #450
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

Don't worry about them dilli as they have plenty of bark but no bite and alas they have a complete unsympathetic understanding of many peoples difficult and ongoing health problems.