Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Customer services opening hours

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Cancellation Procedure?

Old 10-04-2004, 21:19   #1
dusty
Inactive

dusty is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry Cancellation Procedure?

I have had it with NTL....... a loyal customer of 4 years doesn't seem to make any difference, and the final straw is the connection speed! 31.0Kbps.

After reading of many nightmares regarding cancellation I would appreciate any advice please.
I know I have to give one months notice, I presume this means from the DATE my bill run I.E. in my case the 8th?
So, if I send my letter before the 8th May.............. my contract with them finishes on the 8th June?

I thought, we paid by one month in advance? (I am unsure of this) IF so WHEN would the last bill I paid, as I would want to close the direct debit.
I know this sounds a bit garbled!! hopefully someone will understand.
Thank you
dusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-04-2004, 21:37   #2
Marge
Inactive

Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Marge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny starsMarge has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Cancellation Procedure?

The 30 days is from either when the letter is received or when you ring customer services. Anything you have paid in advance will be refunded if the account is then in credit
Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 21:37   #3
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I have moved this to the billing discussion forum as it seems more appropiate

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 00:14   #4
Mauldor
Inactive

Services: 50mbit, Base TV, Base Phone
Mauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of lightMauldor is a glorious beacon of light

Just as a matter of interest i got rid of my phone line and tv box (while ago now) and wondered when this payment would arrive on my doorstep - so in the end rang them and they were holding "Just in case" i came back -- so make sure you mention this when you cancel - that you want your money
Mauldor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 00:34   #5
Charlie_Bubble
Inactive

Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age
Charlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze ageCharlie_Bubble has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauldor
Just as a matter of interest i got rid of my phone line and tv box (while ago now) and wondered when this payment would arrive on my doorstep - so in the end rang them and they were holding "Just in case" i came back -- so make sure you mention this when you cancel - that you want your money
haha now that takes the **** something terrible. What a joke!
Charlie_Bubble is offline   Reply With Quote