Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

TV Show Renewals & Cancellations

Old 09-05-2017, 14:14   #976
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Renewals & Cancellations

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-at-cw-1001320

Frequency and No Tomorrow have been axed by The CW.
Old 09-05-2017, 14:45   #977
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I was expecting it. I think I got to 1x04 of Frequency and whilst it was an interesting concept (not the talking to talking to someone in the past through a radio but the idea of altering events in the past changes the future) the story and characters didn't grip me. I think I would have given it a go when I have time if it had been renewed but now that it has been cancelled there is no point. It is the same with The Tomorrow People. Interesting idea and I watched the entire season (series) but it didn't feel like there was any substance to it. Same with Star-Crossed now I come to think about it. I like it because it is sci-fi but they all feel a but hollowed out because they are appealing to YA demographic.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 16:42   #978
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Torchwood has been (sort of) renewed for a 5th season.

http://renewcanceltv.com/torchwood-r...n-5-big-twist/

(Audio only )

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Frequency and No Tomorrow have been axed by The CW.
No surprise there. I gave up on Frequency after about 3 episodes.

Emerald City has also been cancelled (by NBC).

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 23:26   #979
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Torchwood has been (sort of) renewed for a 5th season.

http://renewcanceltv.com/torchwood-r...n-5-big-twist/

(Audio only )

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:37 ----------

No surprise there. I gave up on Frequency after about 3 episodes.

Emerald City has also been cancelled (by NBC).

I knew Barrowman was pushing it, I mentioned the possibility somewhere else but by god he's actually pulled it off. (sort of)
Torchwood returns, X-Files goes even further, what planet am I on?

I wouldn't be too disheartened by the audio series, I'm almost certain this is to drum up support and an audience for the TV return. I can't see him wasting his time if it didn't have the possibility of something bigger, he was pestering people last year to revive the entire thing and did mention some form of progress, so one could assume that this is the progress.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 09-05-2017 at 23:34.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 15:30   #980
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I think they are leaving it too long to even get a TV series again as surely the doctor would have bumped in to him again, or even mentioned Torchwood but its not been talked about for years now.
Old 10-05-2017, 15:52   #981
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I think they are leaving it too long to even get a TV series again as surely the doctor would have bumped in to him again, or even mentioned Torchwood but its not been talked about for years now.
It can work in the same format the CW pull their crossovers to be fair, it just needs the effort on BBC's part, which isn't easy to get and the bit where there's no desire to do that

I don't think it needs a full fledged return, it simply needs a Children of the earth like special week. I presume that's what Barrowman was after too given he's been in every season of the DCTVU in some form and given the way that's filmed, his schedule is limited.

With Class building up to what was a giant mural of an Angel over London, that's surely too much for a group of school kids to be messing around with, something surely the Doctor himself couldn't miss or at the very least, roping in Torchwood Cardiff, also worth noting that via lore, Torchwood Cardiff is brought back by Gwen Cooper in 2017.

As of yet, Class appears to be going nowhere anyway. The least they could do is make something from the typical cliffhanger ending but we're not gonna bother renewing the series scenario.

All in all, I think Barrowman has agreed to this because he thinks it'll drum up support for at least a TV special on BBC that is and not the absolutely horrible Starz garbage we got.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 10-05-2017 at 16:02.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 21:59   #982
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Not something I personally watch, but NBC has renewed Taken for a 16 episode Season 2.

Old 10-05-2017, 22:18   #983
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Watched 1x01 and gave up. I hate it when you get a series/story that operates out of some empty space/warehouse with a small team of people who seem to be to have access to everything and be able to do anything. It is just an excuse to be cheap.
Old 11-05-2017, 15:06   #984
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

It did get better and the last series was fantastic.
Old 11-05-2017, 19:01   #985
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quite surprisingly The Originals has been renewed. I do enjoy watching it but I was honestly expecting it to get the can after TVD finished.

For those of you who enjoy The Blacklist, it has also been renewed for a fifth season as well.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:45   #986
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

As well as The Originals, the following were renewed ;

iZombie, Gotham, Agents of SHIELD, and Blindspot.
The last one I actually gave up on a while ago, its renewal was surprising.

Sadly, Timeless was cancelled, I enjoyed that.

Once Upon A Time has supposedly been renewed, but no official announcement yet.

Still no news on Elementary, but its looking bleak.

Old 12-05-2017, 04:01   #987
General Maximus
Ran Away

Sweet, The 100 is getting a fifth season. For some season I thought the current forth season was the final one.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/10...rning-regular/
Old 12-05-2017, 04:08   #988
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
Sweet, The 100 is getting a fifth season. For some season I thought the current forth season was the final one.

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/10...rning-regular/
I guess you forgot about that post, back in March

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...6#post35889896

(You replied to it )

Old 12-05-2017, 11:18   #989
General Maximus
Ran Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
I guess you forgot about that post, back in March

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/sh...6#post35889896

(You replied to it )
I don't remember doing it at all and it probably won't be the only time it is going to happen either. I had an accident a few days before xmas and really hurt my back and was in hospital for two weeks over xmas and the new year. I won't bore you with the details but I am on a tonne of meds which have various side affects while my nerves repair themselves. One of the side affects is short terms memory loss. I know it's a bit cliché but most days "I can't remember what I had for tea last night".

On a brighter note, Designated Survivor has been renewed for a second season. I am well chuffed because I love it. It wouldn't have been a huge loss if it had been cancelled though because he would have gone back to 24 which I love even more.
Old 12-05-2017, 13:45   #990
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

I watched Designated Survivor for about 5 episodes, but got bored of it.

It really felt like 24 under another name, and I got fed up of 24 a long time ago.