Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Anthony Joshua vs Carlos Takam - 28th October

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Anthony Joshua vs Carlos Takam - 28th October

Old 26-10-2017, 20:10   #1
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Anthony Joshua vs Carlos Takam - 28th October

Live on Sky Box office on Saturday night - Standout fights below

Anthony Joshua VS Carlos Takam - Unified HW title fight.

Dillian Whyte VS Robert Helenius - Silver level HW title fight.

Kal Yafai VS Sho Ishida - WBA Super FlyW title fight.

Anahi Sanchez VS Katie Taylor - WBA LW title fight.

Bold denotes Champion

Four pretty cracking fights, there's quite a few more further down the card too.

I feel like Takam offers more that Pulev did, although I believe Joshua should dispatch him I feel like he's dangerous and offers a legitimate threat to Joshua's chin, I'm slightly worried about this fight but I also can't see Takam being able to take many clean shots. Just a case of hoping Joshua gets to him first.

Dillian Whyte has a fair chance of putting himself up there if he gets rid of Helenius.

Kal Yafai is pretty standard and Katie Taylor should pick up a win. Despite her opponent being champion, she's actually held and lost every other title, she just keeps picking up the vacant belts.
Old 28-10-2017, 16:22   #2
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Anthony Joshua vs Carlos Takam - 28th October

Joshua goes for 10th round KO.

Not questioning whether he can knock him out, I'm questioning whether AJ's gas tank will go that long, weighing in heavier than ever. He chased the finish against Klitschko and absolutely blew everything he had within a round, you see it unfold towards the end of the round in which he scores the first knockdown against klitschko, he piles on the pressure but he's rapidly fading away himself and klitshcko lands a telling counter and you see just how badly Joshua is blowing, the bell goes and he's got a tiny amount of recovery time. He doesn't recover though, Klitschko leathers him the next round and Joshua barely makes it up from the knockdown, if Klitschko chases it I think he puts Joshua away there and then.

I spoke heavily about this cardio business last time out. Evidently it's not a concern for them, but when they face a fighter with a chin, that can bang back and fight at a decent pace over 12 rounds, they'll find themselves in deep water. This is where Deontay Wilder is going to be heavily underrated.

I'll be very surprised to see Joshua output high numbers if he's chasing a 10th round. Maybe I'm wrong and cardio is a concern and this is them developing a set pace for him to cope over 12 rounds.

Shouldn't really speak about how Takam could beat AJ, but hell, go to the body from the first bell, that combined with Joshua's already suspect gas tank will leave him looking like David Price from round 5. A lot of already suggested this is why Fury will beat Joshua.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 28-10-2017 at 16:27.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 22:03   #3
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Kal Yafai VS Sho Ishida - WBA Super FlyW title fight.

Is on right now, pretty much a dud so far though.

Kal Yafai retains

Katie Taylor is up 4 rounds for me, opponent is all too happy to get hit

Can't find much to give to her opponent, as it stands Katie Taylor is world champion. Her timing is great, can see her opponent falling flat via counter.

Gotta be a landslide Taylor win.
Katie Taylor is world champion.

Dillian Whyte VS Robert Helenius - Silver level HW title fight. NEXT

Sky skipped Whyte's ring walk Unsure why.

Whyte is getting tagged, they look like they're hurting too. Whyte could be in some trouble here, he's struggling to take the shots from Hele.
I don't like any of this from Whyte, he's missing wildly and taking easy shots. Whyte is loading up, but he's taking bigger shots back. I'll be amazed if one of these guys doesn't knock the other out.

Not sure if they're onto it, but Helenius is really uncomfortable taking body shots here. Whyte's corner has to see it. That round splits it 50/50 again. They're onto it, Whyte follows into the next round loading up to the body. Helenius isn't liking this anymore. 2-2 after 4 (my own card)

Whyte's caught him below the line on the thigh 3 times in that 5th round, poor refereeing there. Good finish from Helenius but not enough from him, 3-2 Whyte. 4-2 Whyte, something is really off with Helenius, possible injury, he's not throwing shots at all, Sky are pointing out he's shaking his right hand. I'd give him two rounds and then pull it if he's not getting anywhere. 5-2 Whyte, Helenius isn't in this, still speculating he's injured, no word from the corner though. Whyte 6-2, give Helenius this last round then pull him, something is off, not to take anything away from Whyte, he recovered and switched it up. 7-2 Whyte, nothing from Helenius, but he's constantly defensive so Whyte can't put him away. He'd have a better chance if Helenius was actually fighting back. 8-2 Whyte, just a sparring contest now. Helenius needs a knockout to win. 9-2 Whyte, nothing to say besides the above. Last round. 10-2 Whyte.

I mean Whyte's won, but I feel for him, the fight was spoiled by Helenius hiding behind a guard for 10 rounds. Awful showing from Helenius.

Dillian Whyte beats Robert Helenius via UD (119-109 119-109 118-110)

Anthony Joshua VS Carlos Takam - Unified HW title fight. NEXT

Anthony Joshua is the biggest crowd draw in boxing right now, if you discount McGregor.

Still wary of Takam here but AJ should get the job done in style.

Literally opposites but AJ and Mcgregor are by far the two most marketable fighters on the planet. Lets get UFC and an AJ match on the same night at Wembley please. There's nowhere big enough in Vegas for AJ, but he needs that American build too, they need the Wilder clash to be in the US in a huge stadium, AJ stopping Wilder in his backyard would be massive!

Intro's coming now. Been some issues with Audio and entrances tonight. Was a commentary issue just then.

Takam looks really loose, still worried about him, I don't know what his plan is though. Joshua is pacing it though which is encouraging.
My original worries are really unfolding. Not liking this at all. Far less worried now thanks to the knockdown and cut.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 28-10-2017 at 23:56.
Old 29-10-2017, 00:21   #4
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Joshua retains via stoppage

Everything I worried about bar cardio came true. He was a dodgy fighter, Joshua has sent out a pretty poor message tonight, Wilder, Haye, Fury, those fighters... come and get him.

I'm now completely split between Wilder vs Joshua, even with Wilders bad form that would only serve to confuse Joshua further and the speed and power is also very worrying.

I did say this fight was actually a better experience than Pulev, it was exactly that, I hope Joshua can take important lessons away now. There's no way they can pursue Wilder after this. We have to come up with something. I think that something at this point in time has to be Haye, should Haye get through Bellew, then fight Haye, that's the only opponent out there that offers you an insight into speed and movement with absolute power without actually fighting Wilder himself.

Failing that, get Haye in as a sparring partner because frankly we just got our biggest hint that Joshua comes unstuck against people that move their heads and don't sit still.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 29-10-2017 at 00:28.
Old 29-10-2017, 05:35   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

To put it bluntly Adzii the heavyweight division now is just a poor imitation of the past IMO.