Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 23-10-2017, 17:19   #2341
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post

He isn't releasing anything. They were locked for a maximum of 25 years 25 years less 5 days ago - the time limit expires on the 26th.

He is trying to take credit for something signed into law by George H W Bush.

Still I suppose when your achievements are as sparse as his are you take anything.
No, I am not just taking anything, actually. I just refuse to join the Trump hysteria & bashing bandwagon.

His achievements are not sparse on the basis of that he only served 9 months, I mean crikey, you would have a point if you was talking at the end of his term(s).

As for the underlined bit in your post. Yes he is, permission to release has to be granted by the serving President. He could deny their release. Seems though the CIA is not happy and is trying to block some of the information being released.
Advertisement
Old 23-10-2017, 17:28   #2342
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars

He's achieved over 70 golfing sessions so far which is pretty good going. How he finds time in between all his campaign rallies to golf so often, remembering how he slammed Obama for spending a fraction of the time doing so, is beyond me.

I'm not on any Trump bashing bandwagon. There is no need. His own Twitter account is quite enough material ignoring everything else.

Regarding his achievements, a comparison to 44 is fair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...k_Obama_(2009)

So, given he's achieving so much when is Trump going to stop stalling and start implementing the sanctions against Russia Congress forced him to sign against his will?

Last edited by Hugh; 23-10-2017 at 17:39.
Old 23-10-2017, 17:37   #2343
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No, I am not just taking anything, actually. I just refuse to join the Trump hysteria & bashing bandwagon.

His achievements are not sparse on the basis of that he only served 9 months, I mean crikey, you would have a point if you was talking at the end of his term(s).

As for the underlined bit in your post. Yes he is, permission to release has to be granted by the serving President. He could deny their release. Seems though the CIA is not happy and is trying to block some of the information being released.
Yep, it's a bit like expecting Brexit to have been sorted out at this stage in the process given the refusal of the other parties to negotiate about key issues until they were ready. Trump's faced huge problems and whilst some have been of his own making but many have not, they've been the result of large sections of the media and a good many politicians who don't like him for various reason stirring things up for their own ends. At the end of his term his record will reveal how good or bad a President he's been and the US electorate will be the only judges who matter.
Old 23-10-2017, 17:44   #2344
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Who should we believe?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41724827
Quote:
The widow of a dead US soldier says Donald Trump could not remember her husband's name when he phoned to offer condolences.

Myeshia Johnson, widow of Sgt La David Johnson, told ABC News the president's "stumbling" had "hurt her the most".

But President Trump said that he had used Sgt Johnson's name "without hesitation" and described the conversation as "very respectful".
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 23-10-2017, 18:45   #2345
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Who cares ?

Last week, the bombshell was suppose to be, Trump was suppose to have said "He knew what he signed up for but it still hurts."

This week it's the same wife with another supposedly jaw dropping bombshell about Trump. That she says, he forgot her husbands name, why the hell didn't this come out last week ?

While it is tragic that she lost her husband, I find her complaints, just a tad politically motivated and to me, when someone is grieving, they couldn't give a toss about things going on around them and with the media itself, to them it just feeds their total BS hysteria and sensationalism and the sequential nature of it, just reeks of the media spin.

---------- Post added at 17:45 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Quote:

I'm not on any Trump bashing bandwagon.
You sure ?

Because you're sounding like his opponents (The Anti-Trump brigade such as the media and Democrats and most of the left) everyday, complaining about his tweeting and the golfing, which, I have looked into and there is only 31 actual confirmed playing sessions of the 71 visits to golf courses, how many weekend days has passed since 20th Jan, 2017, I count 80 Saturday's and Sunday's, are you denying a 71 year old, time off at weekends now?
Old 23-10-2017, 19:06   #2346
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Maybe in hindsight he shouldn’t have had a go so often at Obama’s golfing trips considering Obama didn’t go as often as Trump has. Hasn’t Trump had more golf trips than Obama’s entire first term?

As for the soldier it's both the congresswoman and the widow who've said he didn't remember the name. Given Trump's history I am less inclined to believe him although he claimed he has 'proof' he did so if does then we'll see.

However this is a guy who mocked John McCain for getting captured in the Vietnam war, a war he dodged the draft for, so I am not holding my breath.

Incidentally I saw Obama still writes letters to the families of fallen servicemen just 'from the Office of Barack and Michelle Obama'.

Last edited by Damien; 23-10-2017 at 20:31.
Old 23-10-2017, 20:41   #2347
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
He's achieved over 70 golfing sessions so far which is pretty good going. How he finds time in between all his campaign rallies to golf so often, remembering how he slammed Obama for spending a fraction of the time doing so, is beyond me.

I'm not on any Trump bashing bandwagon. There is no need. His own Twitter account is quite enough material ignoring everything else.

Regarding his achievements, a comparison to 44 is fair.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeli...k_Obama_(2009)

So, given he's achieving so much when is Trump going to stop stalling and start implementing the sanctions against Russia Congress forced him to sign against his will?
He's been on a steep learning curve compared to contemporary politicians like the Clintons. But he's failed to get significant legislation over the line and it's absolutely correct to highlight this.
Old 23-10-2017, 21:46   #2348
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Maybe in hindsight he shouldn’t have had a go so often at Obama’s golfing trips considering Obama didn’t go as often as Trump has. Hasn’t Trump had more golf trips than Obama’s entire first term?

As for the soldier it's both the congresswoman and the widow who've said he didn't remember the name. Given Trump's history I am less inclined to believe him although he claimed he has 'proof' he did so if does then we'll see.

However this is a guy who mocked John McCain for getting captured in the Vietnam war, a war he dodged the draft for, so I am not holding my breath.

Incidentally I saw Obama still writes letters to the families of fallen servicemen just 'from the Office of Barack and Michelle Obama'.
And are they any more/less sincere than Trump's possibly clumsy remarks or have we already made up our minds about what he is and what Obama isn't?

Tony Blair and Bill Clinton never put a foot wrong when it came to oration. Were they always sincere?

Trump might be a loud mouthed oaf but if he is that's easier to deal with than a consumate liar.

Last edited by Osem; 23-10-2017 at 21:49.
Old 23-10-2017, 22:08   #2349
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
He's been on a steep learning curve compared to contemporary politicians like the Clintons. But he's failed to get significant legislation over the line and it's absolutely correct to highlight this.
Compared to the Crooked Clinton’s, that’s a laugh.

The Uranium deal involving them, Obama Administration and Russia is now being investigated by House Intel Committee.

Btw, he has not given up on repealing Obamacare. I mean GOP has been trying for 7 years.
Old 23-10-2017, 22:28   #2350
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Trump might be a loud mouthed oaf but if he is that's easier to deal with than a consumate liar.
Sadly he's both.

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Compared to the Crooked Clinton’s, that’s a laugh.

The Uranium deal involving them, Obama Administration and Russia is now being investigated by House Intel Committee.

Btw, he has not given up on repealing Obamacare. I mean GOP has been trying for 7 years.
It's to his credit he's not given up on things but he never seems to have acquired the necessary political skills to get legislation over the line.
Old 23-10-2017, 22:34   #2351
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
And are they any more/less sincere than Trump's possibly clumsy remarks or have we already made up our minds about what he is and what Obama isn't?
I think Obama is probably sincere in expressing sympathy in the deceased. It's certainly not a given that former Presidents are expected to continue to send letters.

And it wasn't Obama who had a go at Trump here. Trump, as usual, is the open who started throwing accusations about former Presidents around.

Quote:
He's a consummate liar too.
Old 23-10-2017, 22:39   #2352
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

ABC interview with Myeshia Johnson, widow of Sergeant LA David Johnson. Talks about the Trump call from 3:30.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/fallen-sold...ry?id=50655063
Old 23-10-2017, 22:57   #2353
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
I think Obama is probably sincere in expressing sympathy in the deceased. It's certainly not a given that former Presidents are expected to continue to send letters.

And it wasn't Obama who had a go at Trump here. Trump, as usual, is the open who started throwing accusations about former Presidents around.

He's a consummate liar too.
Rubbish. He's an inept liar. Trump is what he is but he's clearly not a consumate liar. He's clumsy and impetuous when compared to Blair and Clinton, hence all the hassle he's faced. Blair and Clinton got away with it for years and still are.
Old 23-10-2017, 22:59   #2354
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Trump is what he is but he's clearly not a consumate liar. He's clumsy and impetuous when compared to Blair and Clinton, hence all the hassle he's faced. Blair and Clinton got away with it for years and still are.
Do you just mean he's rubbish at lying?
Old 23-10-2017, 23:27   #2355
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Do you just mean he's rubbish at lying?
There's enough people who believe his every word so I would actually rate his skills in this area.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 23-10-2017 at 23:31.
Closed Thread