Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2017, 14:53   #226
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

NYTimes reporting sources claiming Trump's campaign aides had contact with Russian Intelligence: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/u...T.nav=top-news

They're not claiming that there is yet evidence they were talking about the election though.
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2017, 15:31   #227
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

It was Hillary that had the secretive communication system. It was the Democrats that went around interfering with election matters.
Old 15-02-2017, 17:48   #228
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
It was Hillary that had the secretive communication system. It was the Democrats that went around interfering with election matters.
http://europe.newsweek.com/trump-ema...r-548191?rm=eu
Quote:
Now, Newsweek reports that Trump’s own senior staff is doing something similar by utilizing an RNC-operated email server for at least some of their communications. According to the report, senior staffers Kellyanne Conway, Jared Kushner, Sean Spicer and Steve Bannon all have “active accounts” on the service, which is not under the government’s purview.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 15-02-2017, 19:11   #229
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

It's worth noting that in addition to that, the Bush administration "lost" 22 million emails, and that administration refused to comply with a congressional subpoena ..

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/09/23/g...ls-497373.html

The one difference between them and the Democrats is that the head of the FBI did not go out of his way to torpedo Bush's chances in an election.
Old 15-02-2017, 21:26   #230
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post

The one difference between them and the Democrats is that the head of the FBI did not go out of his way to torpedo Bush's chances in an election.
I think lots of Americans had made up their mind way before the FBI announced they had re-opened an investigation, a few weeks before November 8th. I am not saying it had no impact at all but to say it had a big influence, i.e 'torpedo' as you put it, is ludicrous.

You are forgetting Trump was at mercy of his own scandals thrown his way during the campaigns and he survived them all, the left leaning media was completely against him, the 'Pussygate' tape that got released, all them women who came forward just after the tapes release, claiming he had touched them inappropriately, all these things should have put off a lot of women voting for Trump, but it didn't.

Quote:
The real 'shy Trump' vote - how 53% of white women pushed him to victory

Early data suggest a clear majority of white women voted Republican, and supporters say Trump’s offensive remarks didn’t affect their decision

For months, the image of the Donald Trump’s supporter has been the face of an angry white man. But it was white women who pushed Trump to victory.

Rejecting the candidate who had aimed to be America’s first female president, 53% of white women voted for Trump, according to CNN exit polls.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-trump-victory
Old 15-02-2017, 23:31   #231
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
It's worth noting that in addition to that, the Bush administration "lost" 22 million emails, and that administration refused to comply with a congressional subpoena ..

http://www.newsweek.com/2016/09/23/g...ls-497373.html

Can't remember them complaining when he dished out immunity to the only person capable of implicating Clinton of any wrongdoing. The guy that was destroyed by the oversight committee for clearly botching the initial investigation and had no actual answers as to why he did it. Good guy Comey, now he's just casually recording phone calls illegally. The guy shouldn't even be employed.

He botches the initial op - Gets absolutely grilled by the oversight and responds with desperate and embarrassing answers like a school kid being told off.

He re-opens it for no apparent reason. - November

He's now recording phone calls without a warrant.

To have a job after that is quite an amazing feat.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 15-02-2017 at 23:39.
Old 16-02-2017, 00:20   #232
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I think lots of Americans had made up their mind way before the FBI announced they had re-opened an investigation, a few weeks before November 8th. I am not saying it had no impact at all but to say it had a big influence, i.e 'torpedo' as you put it, is ludicrous.

You are forgetting Trump was at mercy of his own scandals thrown his way during the campaigns and he survived them all, the left leaning media was completely against him, the 'Pussygate' tape that got released, all them women who came forward just after the tapes release, claiming he had touched them inappropriately, all these things should have put off a lot of women voting for Trump, but it didn't.
Maybe I did overstate it, but I'm not sure the media in the US is left wing as you think.
Old 16-02-2017, 00:44   #233
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Maybe I did overstate it, but I'm not sure the media in the US is left wing as you think.
The media in the US is not left-leaning as you and I would understand the term. But I guess compared to Breitbart and Fox News, publications like the New York Times would be.
Old 16-02-2017, 07:40   #234
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
He's now recording phone calls without a warrant.
It would have been the intelligence services who'll have recorded the phone call and IIRC it's common practise to monitor communications with foreign diplomats/politicians.

Flynn has only himself to blame for that.

As for the FBI the question would be why did they make public pronouncements about their investigation into Clinton over the use of a private e-mail server and not about their investigation into Trump's aides contacting Russian intelligence?

Besides given Trump's actions so far which includes his hiring and subsequent ways of handling Flynn, having a national security meeting in the open at this golf course, and the aforementioned use of using the RNC e-mail servers I am not convinced this was ever really about Clinton's e-mails.
Old 16-02-2017, 21:56   #235
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
It would have been the intelligence services who'll have recorded the phone call and IIRC it's common practise to monitor communications with foreign diplomats/politicians.

Flynn has only himself to blame for that.

As for the FBI the question would be why did they make public pronouncements about their investigation into Clinton over the use of a private e-mail server and not about their investigation into Trump's aides contacting Russian intelligence?

Besides given Trump's actions so far which includes his hiring and subsequent ways of handling Flynn, having a national security meeting in the open at this golf course, and the aforementioned use of using the RNC e-mail servers I am not convinced this was ever really about Clinton's e-mails.
Because nobody knows what the guy is doing, as I pointed out above, it's all a mess, James Comey is a disaster. - https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...rse-and-worse/

My argument was there were absolutely no complaints from Democrats when Comey was botching an investigation that went in their favor. I'm merely pointing out that it's funny that it doesn't quite appear on the list of wrong doings everyone's calling him out on. Of course though, it wouldn't suit the anti-trump agenda.

I'd rather call it how it is, from both sides. forget both parties and just acknowledge that this guy is an absolute train wreck.

I still truly believe he was pressured into taking a swipe at Clinton's campaign after Trump clearly took a shot at him over the Paul Combetta grilling he got, with Trump suggesting Comey would be the first in his firing line when elected. It's too laughable that the FBI suddenly find nothing worth noting but need to make the front page over it. Sure it's a conspiracy but is it that far fetched.

All in all, I'm not fighting for or against, I just think when a guy's under fire, call him out on everything he did wrong and not just the times he wronged your agenda.

Wikileaks are at it again: http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/wikileaks-r...ection-1607011 Supposedly a primer leak for a bunch of CIA election related leaks incoming.

After all the fuss about sticking noses in elections. I can't differentiate between America and Russia sometimes. It's all fair game until it happens to them, upon which it's an outrage. Bare in mind they're yet to prove it even happened. I'm certain Russians have hacked the US and I'm certain the US have done it plenty of times too.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 16-02-2017 at 22:15.
Old 16-02-2017, 22:18   #236
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Wikileaks are gearing up to go after Macron and Fillon. He has said as much.
Old 16-02-2017, 22:20   #237
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

There's a possibility they have something relating to the CIA directly interfering in an election whilst under the Obama Administration, at least that's what is claimed but in fairness, what's the surprise? I think we're all fairly certain they've done it before Obama and will continue to do it after.

Is anyone ever surprised by what the CIA do or have done anymore?

From the 4th of February, Wikileaks started tweeting cryptic messages about Vault 7. Remembering their last 'bombshell' was a load of horse crap.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 16-02-2017 at 22:24.
Old 16-02-2017, 22:31   #238
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
There's a possibility they have something relating to the CIA directly interfering in an election whilst under the Obama Administration, at leas that's what is claimed but in fairness, what's the surprise? I think we're all fairly certain they've done it before Obama and will continue to do it after.
Wikileaks claim a lot of things they don't deliver on. I say 'they' but it's the bail-jumper hiding in the embassy really.

I don't doubt the CIA seek to get information on possible world leaders for the same reason the NSA would know who in the United States are contacting people of prominence in Russian politics. They more than likely want to influence elections too although I highly doubt they would do so to an ally such as France, the political cost is far too high for meagre gains.

Assange can keep tweeting stuff that continues to get attention. I am sure when he has stuff on Macron, who just happens to be the most pro-NATO of the candidates in the French election, he'll release it.

I wonder if he'll ever honour his promise to give himself up if Manning is pardoned?
Old 16-02-2017, 23:23   #239
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Well, that clears that up...

Quote:
You know what uranium is, right? It's a thing called nuclear weapons and other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium, including some bad things.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 16-02-2017, 23:58   #240
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Wikileaks claim a lot of things they don't deliver on. I say 'they' but it's the bail-jumper hiding in the embassy really.

I don't doubt the CIA seek to get information on possible world leaders for the same reason the NSA would know who in the United States are contacting people of prominence in Russian politics. They more than likely want to influence elections too although I highly doubt they would do so to an ally such as France, the political cost is far too high for meagre gains.

Assange can keep tweeting stuff that continues to get attention. I am sure when he has stuff on Macron, who just happens to be the most pro-NATO of the candidates in the French election, he'll release it.

I wonder if he'll ever honour his promise to give himself up if Manning is pardoned?
Don't be silly now. There's just something about Assange I don't like. He comes off sly imo.

---------- Post added at 22:58 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Well, that clears that up...
Just jumbled facts, he was right and wrong. Clinton oversaw a deal to sell Russia Uranium via a Canadian corp, he skewed the amount however. It was merely 20% of a capacity in storage and not 20% of the entire US stockpile. Which of course would be a huge difference. So it'd be important to quote the right numbers, which he didn't. It's also worth noting that exchanges with Russia with regards to said materials had been occurring long before the Obama administration.

Which is all a silly argument when you consider Obama botched a treaty with the Russians which was a UN agreement to dismantle and rid themselves of the chemicals used in Nuclear weaponry. The US backed out and kept theirs and then blamed Russia with a media campaign claiming they were set to start a second cold war. They then want to oversee deals to sell materials from Canada to Russia... to reset relations. He wanted to continue trading materials after deliberately messing up a UN deal with them.

Then the guy that loves Russia wants to complain about it.

I mean really It's next level poo throwing.

It works too, people genuinely now believe Clinton sold 20% of the US stockpile in Uranium to Russia, and he's saying there's fake news everywhere.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 17-02-2017 at 00:08.
Closed Thread