Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 08-09-2017, 09:42   #4636
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Well the cats out the bag my hubby told my youngest the truth about his Papa and Aunt and he spoke to his big brother and let's just say good job he never told him everything that he has witnessed over the last 28 years.

This morning I asked my son's if they were phoning there Papa to wish him a Happy Birthday and tbh it was no surprise that they both said no and I can't blame my boy's at all as there hurt the way I have been treated and have witnessed all I have done over the years that seem to have been so easily forgotten about. The trouble with that is how will look towards myself as I feel this will only give my sister the ammunition she has been so desperately waiting for.

My Mother in Law said yesterday that they are both just really nasty people and she has witnessed the way they treat me her wording was the two of them have always treated you like a 2nd class citizen and your worth far more than them put together which was nice but still hurts.

I have been sobbing on and off since 7am this morning, I just feel that I have been brushed to the side once again, hubby has said that I should remove my number and name from my Dad's alert system and put his on it which tbh I'm sad to say I'm actually debating doing this but I will give a week to decide as I will not make any rash decisions.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:35   #4637
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

@ weenie. Do not feel guilty just because you know what your sister will think. You have to know that you have done nothing to deserve the guilt trip you are contemplating. Your Father will enjoy his outing and he is aware that it is not your son's choice to not see him to-day.

As for them not phoning him, if it really bothers you then you phone him on behalf of your boys, wish him Happy Birthday and a pleasant evening then hang up sharply before he has a chance to make any comment.

Raise a glass to the old curmudgeon, I nearly used a much more accurate description but he is not worth me being reprimanded by a mod for bad language, when you have your family meal to-night and next time you see him tell him his grandsons were disappointed that HE chose not to see them on such a milestone birthday.

As for putting your husbands details on the alert system I think that your husband's suggestion is the best thing you can do. You will still be alerted if your Dad needs assistance but it may just deter him from using it as a way to manipulate your good nature.

Look after yourself sweetie, you are important and do not deserve to be manipulated by this selfish couple of so called relatives.
Old 08-09-2017, 13:33   #4638
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Thank you Jo.
Old 08-09-2017, 15:43   #4639
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Thank you Jo.
Don’t forget we love you
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 17:06   #4640
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Love you all 2
Old 08-09-2017, 19:33   #4641
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Idiot postmen!!

Today we were treated to a delivery of 3 items of mail, none of them addressed to us but 3 neighbouring addresses! I can understand thew odd letter getting mixed up now and then but it takes a special kind of ineptitude and negligence to put 3 wrong items of mail through one very clearly numbered front door!

On the phone to RM complaints now listening to recorded music and being told I'll be put through to an advisor as soon as one is available. It's 15 minutes and counting...

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:31 ----------

Quote:
Well the cats out the bag my hubby told my youngest the truth about his Papa and Aunt and he spoke to his big brother and let's just say good job he never told him everything that he has witnessed over the last 28 years.

This morning I asked my son's if they were phoning there Papa to wish him a Happy Birthday and tbh it was no surprise that they both said no and I can't blame my boy's at all as there hurt the way I have been treated and have witnessed all I have done over the years that seem to have been so easily forgotten about. The trouble with that is how will look towards myself as I feel this will only give my sister the ammunition she has been so desperately waiting for.

My Mother in Law said yesterday that they are both just really nasty people and she has witnessed the way they treat me her wording was the two of them have always treated you like a 2nd class citizen and your worth far more than them put together which was nice but still hurts.

I have been sobbing on and off since 7am this morning, I just feel that I have been brushed to the side once again, hubby has said that I should remove my number and name from my Dad's alert system and put his on it which tbh I'm sad to say I'm actually debating doing this but I will give a week to decide as I will not make any rash decisions.
Families can be such a pain in the bum can't they. Best to calm down a little before you decide what to do but you're going to be blamed whatever happens so bear that in mind.

Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 15:47   #4642
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Know that way when you think I've forgotten something and I'm sure it was important well that is what happened to me today

I've just had a phone call from the Health Clinic telling me that I failed to attend my appointment this morning for my B12 injection and if I could possibly attend tomorrow at 10:50. I naturally apologised about this but I'm mortified as I'm usually the one complaining to hubby about people who don't show up for appointments and I have been known to suggest that NHS should charge these people and now I'm one of them red neck!
Old 13-09-2017, 17:17   #4643
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Know that way when you think I've forgotten something and I'm sure it was important well that is what happened to me today

I've just had a phone call from the Health Clinic telling me that I failed to attend my appointment this morning for my B12 injection and if I could possibly attend tomorrow at 10:50. I naturally apologised about this but I'm mortified as I'm usually the one complaining to hubby about people who don't show up for appointments and I have been known to suggest that NHS should charge these people and now I'm one of them red neck!
It's easily done for anyone, especially when you have lots of appointments. The real problem is the serial offenders who waste a whole lot of NHS time and money. We now get texts and even automated phone call messages reminding us about impending appointments. In fact the missus got one today from our local hospital. It's a very good use of modern technology.
Old 13-09-2017, 17:22   #4644
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
It's easily done for anyone, especially when you have lots of appointments. The real problem is the serial offenders who waste a whole lot of NHS time and money. We now get texts and even automated phone call messages reminding us about impending appointments. In fact the missus got one today from our local hospital. It's a very good use of modern technology.
Yes l get them a week in advance when it is a hospital appointment and generally a day or two in advance when it is a surgery appointment.
Old 13-09-2017, 17:27   #4645
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I used to get text messages when the nurse at my GPs practice did them but NHS Lanarkshire, Scotland in there wisdom decided to make these injections at the local health clinics so now I've to go where lets just say undesirables seem to be. I have since worked out a way in where our paths do not cross and I usually pick appointments at 9am in where they are more than likely still in the land of nod. Tbh not looking forward to going tomorrow as no doubt the green liquid crew will be there aka Methadone patients.

The receptionist knows me so after tomorrow it will be back to my usual first appointment time I'm not a snob Osem but I just feel really uncomfortable around them as they seem to be in groups.

I'm going to ask about the text message service tomorrow, thank you for reminding me Osem.

Last edited by weenie; 13-09-2017 at 17:32.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 17:39   #4646
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

You’re lucky if I ever miss an appointment I get struck off that list immediately. But like you I don’t tend to miss them. My letters sometimes come after the appointment though.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2017, 18:08   #4647
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
You’re lucky if I ever miss an appointment I get struck off that list immediately. But like you I don’t tend to miss them. My letters sometimes come after the appointment though.
Might be worth asking your hospital about text/email/phone alerts I'd have thought, especially as your issues are far from trivial and you've had letters come too late.
Old 13-09-2017, 18:14   #4648
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

I'm very lucky dilli at my GPs the practice manager daughter in law just so happens to live in my street and it just so happens that her daughter in the law is one of the receptionists at the practice, then nurse at my GP's is my youngest son's friends Mum.

Now on to the receptionist at the Health Clinic I know her from my working day's. I live in a relatively small town where someone know someone if you what I mean. It did annoy me when I first moved here as I was just known as hubby's wife or your Margaret's daughter in law but I'm pleased to say I have since been promoted and I'm now known for me
Old 13-09-2017, 19:33   #4649
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

My note 4 is fubared, keeps rebooting, despite doing a factory reset.

Roll on Friday when I pick up the Note 8

---------- Post added at 18:33 ---------- Previous post was at 18:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
My surgery you have to phone at 8am to book a same day appointment, but even phoning at 08:00:01 it either doesn't answer or they all appointment for the day have been filed .
Old 14-09-2017, 09:55   #4650
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

My older sister's dog (Black Labrador) has just passed away. He'd been ill with cancer for some months and was getting very tired. He had a good life and was much loved.

RIP Buster.