Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Old 11-06-2015, 19:58   #5761
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

If i have heard the radio ad right BT Europe is only free if you re contract from 18 months?
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2015, 20:41   #5762
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
If i have heard the radio ad right BT Europe is only free if you re contract from 18 months?
12 months on BT's website:

http://www.productsandservices.bt.co...d=con_hpbop_bb
tassiekev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 20:59   #5763
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
Just heard the ad again says free we you re contract tv and broadband for 18 months
Old 11-06-2015, 21:15   #5764
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Just heard the ad again says free we you re contract tv and broadband for 18 months
That's weird - the site clearly states 12 months. They're not the only ones - I was watching Strikeback S05 on Sky's On Demand earlier, it went S05E01, S05E02 S05E03 and then.... S04E04. Must be the time of year or the weather.

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 21:04 ----------

From [sub req'd]:
http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/b...089194.article

BT is preparing to offer Netflix in ultra high definition and Sky Sports channels in high definition as it prepares to launch its latest Youview set top box.

The broadcaster will launch BT Sport Ultra HD on 2 August which will feature selected Champions League, Premier League, FA Cup and Aviva Premiership rugby games.
It will be accessed via a dedicated Ultra HD Youview set top box, manufactured by Humax, which is currently being trialled in certain BT homes.
Pricing of the 1TB box which can record 250 hours of HD programming, along with subscription costs for the channel, will be unveiled within the next few weeks.
The Ultra HD box will also support Netflix’s Ultra HD streaming service, which is currently only available via a range of connected TVs. The £8.99 per month VoD service currently requires an internet connection of 25 megabits per second.
BT will further bolster its high definition offering with the launch of Sky Sports 1 and 2 HD.
It currently offers its subscribers the sports channels in standard definition but is keen to expand the offering to enable its Ultra HD subscribers to view as much high definition programming as possible.
Red button coverage
As a key part of its European football coverage BT Sport is to offer access to eight live Champions League games and 24 Europa League games simultaneously via its connected red button.
Along with full match coverage the red button service will enable subscribers to view an array of statistics and scores from other games.
They will also be able to use a companion app on a tablet or mobile device to view video highlights, replays and access different camera angles or watch a different game at the same time.
Old 12-06-2015, 18:35   #5765
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

To all those who took out Sky Sports Season ticket last year:

Check your bill this month as the season ticket will not expire and cut off Sky Sports, it will carry on and charge you at full price. I have just queried this with CS and they refunded me with no quibbles so if you're one of those customers that cancels Sky Sports once the football season is over then you might want to make that call.
Joedm45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 18:40   #5766
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
To all those who took out Sky Sports Season ticket last year:

Check your bill this month as the season ticket will not expire and cut off Sky Sports, it will carry on and charge you at full price. I have just queried this with CS and they refunded me with no quibbles so if you're one of those customers that cancels Sky Sports once the football season is over then you might want to make that call.
Mine is due to expire on July 15th but as bills are a month in advance I'd be better contacting them this weekend?
Old 12-06-2015, 19:02   #5767
tassiekev
Inactive

Quote:
Mine is due to expire on July 15th but as bills are a month in advance I'd be better contacting them this weekend?
See my posts #5730 & #5733 - if they quibble be very firm with them & insist on cancellation.
Old 13-06-2015, 15:42   #5768
TonyM19
Inactive

TonyM19 is on a distinguished roadTonyM19 is on a distinguished road

Called to check the expiry date of my season ticket this morning. I subscribe to Premier Sports (for the NRL) and they told me its free to XL customers for the next 2 months (for the Copa America I think) and that I wouldn't be charged.
TonyM19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 17:34   #5769
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Interesting article on BT's future aspirations for it's TV product.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...ampions-league
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2015, 17:42   #5770
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

In my opinion and l looked at this earlier they still have a mountain to climb in my opinion to rival Sky.
Old 16-06-2015, 06:05   #5771
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
In my opinion and l looked at this earlier they still have a mountain to climb in my opinion to rival Sky.
But she hit the nail on the head here:

Quote:
Now, she argues, the consumer trend is “about moving away from full-fat pay TV, to pay-TV lite”. BT has, for example, done a “world-first” deal to be able to bundle Netflix into its subscription package.
Freeview, together with a couple of OTT streaming services, has changed the game.

This why Sky is prepared to pay so much for sport and make 'a full-fat pay TV' option the only economical way to buy it; Now TV works out way too an expensive way to buy on-going sports coverage.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 11:40   #5772
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

AMC to Launch in the U.K. this September Exclusively on BT TV

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/amc-...bt-1201520539/
Old 16-06-2015, 11:57   #5773
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Personally think that's a good move for BT and it's TV service , people want exclusive content.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2015, 11:59   #5774
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

And they also still seem rather keen on paying top dollar for exclusive content.
Old 16-06-2015, 12:01   #5775
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Wow, that's a bit of a coup for BT.
johnathome is offline   Reply With Quote