Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Super Stardust HD Offer £1.19

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

3.40 Firmware gone live

Old 29-06-2010, 21:19   #1
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
3.40 Firmware gone live

The 3.40 firmware has gone live, adding Playstation +, video editing and upload, improved photo gallery and power saving settings and for those who feel the need improved Facebook features.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2010/...e-later-today/

Move controller calibration options in there too. And they've fixed the calender bug that left PS3 Phat devices unable to connect to PSN earlier in the year too.
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-06-2010, 10:32   #2
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads
Re: 3.40 Firmware gone live

I read yesterday that it has only gone live in the US and will come to the UK at a later date, i may be wrong as i havn't switched mine on for a while but i do have a us account too so it would work with that. I see they are now trying to get extra money out of us with their subscription service, i know it's optional but one of the reasons people get a PS3 rather than an XBOX is the free online content so i don't think many people will be getting the extra's
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2010, 15:16   #3
monkey2468
Inactive

Services: 1tb tivo, vhd, 60meg shub2 cablemodem, 1Xphoneline, Virgin mobile contract p
monkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quadsmonkey2468 has a fine set of Quads

My PS3 updated yesterday.
monkey2468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 10:47   #4
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

Why would people not subscribe? I havent yet but there are some games that will be for free aswell as expansion packs. Providing you download them I think it might be good value. Although, I do think though that the £40 subscription is too much. There will be plenty of psone classics available for free! Online gaming remains free which is the reason everyone tends to choose ps3 over xbox.
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 12:30   #5
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefever View Post
Why would people not subscribe? I havent yet but there are some games that will be for free aswell as expansion packs. Providing you download them I think it might be good value. Although, I do think though that the £40 subscription is too much. There will be plenty of psone classics available for free! Online gaming remains free which is the reason everyone tends to choose ps3 over xbox.
You would be surprised how many people I've come across who don't use their PS3's to its full potential or even have them connected to a broadband connection.

Purely using them as a games console only and not necessarily being aware of all it can do.

I disagree a little with your comment regarding the reason people choose a PS3 over an xbox, because apart from the obvious reason of it being a blueray player I am aware of a number of friends, gamers and family who got so sick of the xbox's high failure rate, that they moved out of frustration and the fact that there is no subscription was purely a bonus.

Getting back on topic, I've downloaded the new firmware but haven't yet explored the new features.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote