Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

U.S President: Donald Trump
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 30-03-2017, 15:49   #1006
Mick
Proud Mancunian
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 10,496
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
But not always.
Agreed.

The evidence is there for all to see, except if one has a constant, negative and one-sided agenda.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2017, 15:56   #1007
Mr K
Community Citizen
 
Mr K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: 150MB BB, TiVo & VHD XL TV, Talk Unlimited
Posts: 2,595
Mr K has reached the bronze age
Mr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze age
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Agreed.

The evidence is there for all to see, except if one has a constant, negative and one-sided agenda.
and the WH's daily press releases wouldn't be one sided ?? Best to listen to all sides, with the evidence and make up your own mind. Problem with Trump, he he has little evidence for anything, and isn't achieving anything.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 16:02   #1008
1andrew1
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,851
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

I do agree that the Freedom Caucus is an issue for any Republican Politician to get legislation passed. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Donald Trump has continued his attack against dozens of members of his own party, by urging his supporters to fight the influential Freedom Caucus.
Members of the conservative group effectively helped kill the White House-approved health care plan last week, sparking several attacks from the President on Twitter. And on Thursday, it was more of the same, with Mr Trump calling on his supporters to oppose Freedom Caucus members when they are up for re-election next year.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7658156.html
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 16:19   #1009
Osem
Expose lies & hypocrisy
Shark Attack Champion, Pacman Champion, Air Attack 3 Champion, MiniPool Champion
 
Osem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Right here!
Posts: 22,161
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
If there is much positive to report. Trump has had healthcare legislation fallen though and a travel ban struck down by the courts whilst the FBI is investigating the campaign. So it's not surprising there hasn't been a lot of good news.
You're referring to laws but there's more to a presidency than that, especially so early on in proceedings and given opposition to him on both sides. Are you seriously claiming that he's not done, said, achieved or been the instigator of anything positive for anyone in the last few months?

All we ever hear about him is negative whether it be fact, spin or pure conjecture and it's really tiresome. We hear all about protests but never about rallies in support, why is that I wonder...

I don't expect the papers to be unbiased but I expect a lot better of the BBC who clearly are biased in a number of areas, Trump being just one.
__________________
Corbyn's nasty 'new' politics - lies, hypocrisy, ineptitude, intimidation, extremism & even more debt. Same old Labour.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 16:22   #1010
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!
 
pip08456's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Barry South Wales
Age: 61
Services: As I spend little time at home have an arrangemet to use a neighbours SKY connection for a small fee
Posts: 6,361
pip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze array
pip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze arraypip08456 has a bronze array
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
and the WH's daily press releases wouldn't be one sided ?? Best to listen to all sides, with the evidence and make up your own mind. Problem with Trump, he he has little evidence for anything, and isn't achieving anything.
Of course they will be one sided you fool.

They have an agenda just the same as the media have.

What any sensible person should do is see both and then come to a balanced conclusion.

You would then have both sides of a story rather than the trash that is onesided and presented to you.

Don't forget, I said in the beginning I don't like the man.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 16:33   #1011
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team
 
Damien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 26,700
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
You're referring to laws but there's more to a presidency than that, especially so early on in proceedings and given opposition to him on both sides. Are you seriously claiming that he's not done, said, achieved or been the instigator of anything positive for anyone in the last few months?
I think he has done very little good in the last few months. Outside of the laws he has also sparked a massive storm over his accusations Obama had his phone tapped and gone to his golf course most weekends. His security adviser had to resign.

He is not leading a stable or effective administration so far. Today he has been using twitter to have go at members of his own party. This week he told people on Twitter to watch a TV news program which went on to eviscerate Paul Ryan, the Republican leader of the house, and call for him ro resign.

Quote:
All we ever hear about him is negative whether it be fact, spin or pure conjecture and it's really tiresome. We hear all about protests but never about rallies in support, why is that I wonder...
Because the rally at the weekend for example had 2,000 people in attendance whereas the one after his inauguration drew 400,000 in New York alone.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 16:36   #1012
1andrew1
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,851
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Of course they will be one sided you fool.

They have an agenda just the same as the media have.

What any sensible person should do is see both and then come to a balanced conclusion.

You would then have both sides of a story rather than the trash that is onesided and presented to you.

Don't forget, I said in the beginning I don't like the man.
I think calling someone a fool dullens your argument, however strong and persuasive your argument might be.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 18:58   #1013
Mick
Proud Mancunian
Cable Forum Team
 
Mick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 10,496
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post

Because the rally at the weekend for example had 2,000 people in attendance whereas the one after his inauguration drew 400,000 in New York alone.
That's not quite true. The rallies happened across ALL of the US, so it was way more than 2,000. It was 2,000 in just one area of Southern California alone (Which leans typically Democrat).

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
and the WH's daily press releases wouldn't be one sided ??
I wouldn't know, I don't watch them religiously like you appear to do, I still live in the UK. US Domestic policy bears no relevance in my life and for you to have a constant negative agenda on Trump, I'd say you were a little obsessed paying too much attention to them in the first place.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 19:08   #1014
Mr K
Community Citizen
 
Mr K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Services: 150MB BB, TiVo & VHD XL TV, Talk Unlimited
Posts: 2,595
Mr K has reached the bronze age
Mr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze age
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
That's not quite true. The rallies happened across ALL of the US, so it was way more than 2,000. It was 2,000 in just one area of Southern California alone (Which leans typically Democrat).

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:52 ----------



I wouldn't know, I don't watch them religiously like you appear to do, I still live in the UK. US Domestic policy bears no relevance in my life and for you to have a constant negative agenda on Trump, I'd say you were a little obsessed paying too much attention to them in the first place.
Lol - if anything Mick it's you that's a bit obsessed with US politics
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 19:14   #1015
1andrew1
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,851
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
That's not quite true. The rallies happened across ALL of the US, so it was way more than 2,000. It was 2,000 in just one area of Southern California alone (Which leans typically Democrat).
I'm genuinely trying to see why a few rallies in the US are newsworthy in the UK. Things like Trumpcare which tested Trump's power base were significant and the two failed Muslim bans which had international ramifications were important too. In my book, you'd have to possess an unusually keen interest in Trump to consider supporter rallies newsworthy.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 21:18   #1016
passingbat
Streaming is for 'now'
 
passingbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,610
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
and the WH's daily press releases wouldn't be one sided ?? .

Yes.


But the questioning from reporters, especially the guy from CNN, gives another perspective.


Surely you listen to the official line, and then seek news outlets that are for and against the official line, and then make a judgement.


Anybody who depends on the BBC as the single source for Trump news wasting their time.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 07:14   #1017
TheDaddy
cf.mega pornstar
 
TheDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 15,592
TheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver bling
TheDaddy has a lot of silver blingTheDaddy has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Possibly interesting, wonder why you'd want immunity if you hadn't done anything wrong. Perhaps he's an attention seeker or they're just making things up again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...probe-WSJ.html
__________________
Sports Babble
TheDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 07:47   #1018
passingbat
Streaming is for 'now'
 
passingbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,610
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
Possibly interesting, wonder why you'd want immunity if you hadn't done anything wrong. Perhaps he's an attention seeker or they're just making things up again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...probe-WSJ.html

It broke on the US networks last night. He wants to testify. There was no mention that it was specifically about Trump Russia collaboration. That doesn't mean it isn't but the Mail have added to what was announced.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 09:42   #1019
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team
 
Damien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 26,700
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Damien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered starsDamien is seeing silvered stars
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

As far as I know he wasn't suspected of criminal involvement was he? They're right to avoid giving him immunity until they know more about what he might say. You'll only get immunity if you're giving them evidence on a bigger 'catch', last thing you want is grant him immunity only for him to testify that he was up to criminal activity but doesn't have information on anyone else!
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 13:08   #1020
passingbat
Streaming is for 'now'
 
passingbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
Posts: 4,610
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Jean-Claude Juncker threatens to campaign for Ohio's independence in revenge for Donald Trump backing Brexit


Ya gotta smile


http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7659471.html
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:12.


Server: xenon.zmnt.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.