Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 14-02-2017, 22:28   #151
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: UK Exit of EU (Brexit)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
This is not about the June referendum. We're all leavers now. I've said that for a long time now but it's probably timely to repeat it.
I'm not preaching to anyone. From time to time, like others I post excerpts from articles. I think it's important to understand the ongoing issues around Brexit. It's important to know that if we did a hard Brexit, things like the air traffic agreements would cease to exist. To pretend these issues don't exist is not a sensible approach and is unrelated to the way anyone cast their vote back in June.
Finally, no one really knows what to expect when we leave the EU as the negotiations have not even begun and the situation is unprecedented.
Have you read article 50? If you had then you would realise that hard Brexit is the only option. There will be no "soft Brexit" per se but there may be a transition period. The sooner those who like to comment on remaining in part of the EU for trade realise this the better.
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2017, 00:26   #152
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
It's important to know that if we did a hard Brexit, things like the air traffic agreements would cease to exist..

Why do you have so little confidence in us being able to resolve these things as an independent Sovereign nation? It worries me that you feel so dependant on a group of Nations run by an unelected bunch of people, who's globalist Bilderberg Group connections are so obvious.

If you do believe in global government and the eradication of Sovereign nations, then say so. You are fully entitled to your view and for it to be fully respected..
Old 15-02-2017, 00:41   #153
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Have you read article 50? If you had then you would realise that hard Brexit is the only option. There will be no "soft Brexit" per se but there may be a transition period. The sooner those who like to comment on remaining in part of the EU for trade realise this the better.
You are right. 'Hard' and 'soft' Brexit is terminology invented by Remain in an attempt to define the terms of our departure. Brexit needs no additional descriptors.
Old 15-02-2017, 00:42   #154
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Why do you have so little confidence in us being able to resolve these things as an independent Sovereign nation? It worries me that you feel so dependant on a group of Nations run by an unelected bunch of people, who's globalist Bilderberg Group connections are so obvious.

If you do believe in global government and the eradication of Sovereign nations, then say so. You are fully entitled to your view and for it to be fully respected..
What I'm saying is:
* We're all leavers now. Implication: What you or I think about the EU is irrelevant so little point in debating the rights and wrongs as June 23rd has passed.
* There are issues to Brexit as it's unprecedented and therefore interesting. Implication: Let's discuss these issues and not pretend that they don't exist.
Old 15-02-2017, 01:38   #155
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
* There are issues to Brexit as it's unprecedented and therefore interesting. Implication: Let's discuss these issues and not pretend that they don't exist.

I know these issues exist. But I have complete confidence that we will resolve them within a hard Brexit scenario. I believe a hard Brexit is essential for our prosperity.

My perception is that you seem to be using them as fear tactics to scare people into believing that a soft Brexit is the only safe option.
Old 15-02-2017, 03:45   #156
RizzyKing

I just get fed up with all the negative articles you reference andrew as though the negative consequences apply only to the UK which in many cases if they were not resolved there would be negatives for both the UK and the EU. Yes you say "we're all leavers now" but you don't agree with brexit you certainly don't support it and you give the impression that your in that minority remain group that would be happy if the UK went down the pan because of brexit. You can put up all the negative articles you want some of which are raising issues that have already been unofficially resolved to the satisfaction of both parties. Or didn't you realise that some negotiations have already started on issues of joint concern to ensure the continued benefit to both sides, why the UK government or the EU haven't made that clear I'm not sure but I'm equally sure one or both will when it suits them.

Old 15-02-2017, 10:08   #157
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
It's useful to understand the issues surrounding Brexit. There's nothing defeatist in that, it's called being sensible.
In forums as in life, I prefer to play the ball and not the man. I commend this approach all round.
But if you are playing Rugby ....

OK so there are more complications to leaving than maybe the public were aware of, but many difficulties can be raised by bureaucrats on all sides who see there power being sidelined. The problem with the EU wasn't free trade or many other aspects we enjoy but that there was/is a perception (even if not true) that the UK was on the "losing" side of the equations. Free movement meant mass immigration, loss of control of some aspects of our legal system (sometimes to the benefit of individuals), unelected Eurocrats dictating how we should behave.

I think it's the latter that was a real issue. The UK has a very different outlook generally to much of the rest of Europe and so diktats from the EU were (perceived as) having an unfair bias against the UK. Now this may just be reticence by some to adopt to "new and better" but it seems to be bourne out by voting patterns in the referendum. Areas that have seen benefits to membership or at least not affected adversely voted to remain while others who have seen less benefit and have (perceived) adverse effect voted to leave.

Many things now being raised are removed from everyday life and many will get a pragmatic solution because they need to be solved and politics can just take a back seat. ATC would be a case in point. Planes need to fly, need to be controlled and so on so a solution will be found and it probably will continue to function pretty much as now at least at a practical level. Customs, why not just relabel the "blue" channel for UK and EU source, as long as our end does the same? Of course the politicians, lawyers and so don't like this, it's too sensible and doesn't help them keep their paying jobs and quangos running.

Last edited by tweetiepooh; 15-02-2017 at 10:29.
Old 15-02-2017, 11:04   #158
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
I just get fed up with all the negative articles you reference andrew as though the negative consequences apply only to the UK which in many cases if they were not resolved there would be negatives for both the UK and the EU. Yes you say "we're all leavers now" but you don't agree with brexit you certainly don't support it and you give the impression that your in that minority remain group that would be happy if the UK went down the pan because of brexit. You can put up all the negative articles you want some of which are raising issues that have already been unofficially resolved to the satisfaction of both parties. Or didn't you realise that some negotiations have already started on issues of joint concern to ensure the continued benefit to both sides, why the UK government or the EU haven't made that clear I'm not sure but I'm equally sure one or both will when it suits them.
If we're not discussing the issues that are arising in Brexit on this thread then there is very little to discuss. The stories I am sharing are the main issues being highlighted at the moment. Surely you don't think we should all ignore them?
This is a thread about Brexit. Some people seem to want to re-tread the debates of June 2016. That's pointless and we need to look at the fresh issues that arise. These may well fit into peoples' perceptions of negative and positive news, it's not for me to judge.
Finally, to re-confirm what I've said in the past. I want the country to be as successful as possible. It's not in my interests to see the country go pear-shaped.
Old 15-02-2017, 14:13   #159
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

UK fishermen may not win 'waters back' after Brexit, EU memo reveals
The hopes of British fishermen that the UK can win its “waters back” post-Brexit are expected to be dashed by the European parliament, despite the campaign promises of Boris Johnson and Nigel Farage, a leaked EU document reveals.
MEPs have drafted seven provisions to be included in Britain’s “exit agreement”, including the stipulation that there will be “no increase to the UK’s share of fishing opportunities for jointly fished stocks (maintaining the existing quota distribution in UK and EU waters)”.
The document, obtained by the Guardian, adds that in order for the UK and EU to keep to commitments on sustainable fishing contained within the United Nations stocks agreement. “It is difficult to see any alternative to the continued application of the common fisheries policy,” it says.
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...u-memo-reveals
Old 15-02-2017, 14:16   #160
RizzyKing

There is little to discuss because we are in that pause period before total negotiations begin, in the meantime every tom, dick and harry is speculating and making mountains out of molehills. That's fine if your into that but all that's ever posted on here by you is negative possible aspects of brexit you either don't read or don't post the articles that are pro brexit or mention positive aspects of brexit hence why you come across as you do.

Old 15-02-2017, 14:22   #161
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Negative all the way. The default position on fisheries is 200 miles or the mid point between countries. The EU cannot impose their conditions on that. We might negotiate some alternative arrangement but it's not a given especially in the case of a hard Brexit.
Old 15-02-2017, 14:34   #162
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone

Quote:
UK fishermen may not win 'waters back' after Brexit, EU memo reveals

MEPs have drafted seven provisions to be included in Britain’s “exit agreement”, including the stipulation that there will be “no increase to the UK’s share of fishing opportunities for jointly fished stocks (maintaining the existing quota distribution in UK and EU waters)”.
So?

Just because 'provisions are drafted' doesn't make it a reality, no one has to agree to anything they feel isn't beneficial to the UK

They could provision that we all speak French, won't make it happen will it.
Old 15-02-2017, 14:48   #163
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguyone View Post
So?

Just because 'provisions are drafted' doesn't make it a reality, no one has to agree to anything they feel isn't beneficial to the UK

They could provision that we all speak French, won't make it happen will it.
Non!
Old 15-02-2017, 15:15   #164
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
There is little to discuss because we are in that pause period before total negotiations begin, in the meantime every tom, dick and harry is speculating and making mountains out of molehills. That's fine if your into that but all that's ever posted on here by you is negative possible aspects of brexit you either don't read or don't post the articles that are pro brexit or mention positive aspects of brexit hence why you come across as you do.
If an article has a contribution to make I will post it. At the moment, the articles I have posted are representative of what's out there in the broadsheets, Sky News etc.
Old 15-02-2017, 15:21   #165
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Brexit would have several potential benefits for Britain's fishermen. It would restore the UK government's control over this important industry, allowing it to pursue a more environmentally-prudent policy and the regeneration of jobs for our fishermen. Under International Law the UK owns its own waters ensuring the British government would have a strong hand in further negotiations with the EU following Brexit. There would be a wide range of different options available to the UK, ranging from limiting the amount of time fishermen are allowed out at sea, to more radical solutions such as a ban on commercial fishing whilst compensating existing fishermen. It is clear the EU itself is highly resistant to change, and by the time it implements or adopts necessary reform it would clearly be too late for our own fishing industry. Norway, Iceland and Greenland all have highly successful fishing industries and they are all outside the EU. It is clear a Remain vote will destroy what is left of Britain's fishermen and our fish stocks; whilst a vote to Leave could lead to radical change which could help them both gradually recover.
Source

UK fishermen on Brexit

Even the Scottish fishermen voted for Brexit en-masse.
Closed Thread