Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Legends of Tomorrow

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television

Legends of Tomorrow

Old 19-05-2015, 02:57   #1
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Legends of Tomorrow

Set to premiere in Jan 2016, as a 13 episode season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2015, 14:44   #2
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Legends of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Set to premiere in Jan 2016, as a 13 episode season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc
This looks good Do you know how we can see it here the UK?
Old 19-05-2015, 15:57   #3
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Both The Flash and Arrow are on Sky One, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't pick up this too.
Old 19-05-2015, 17:39   #4
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Both The Flash and Arrow are on Sky One, so I don't see any reason why they wouldn't pick up this too.
Many thanks, I will look out for this ..
Old 20-05-2015, 09:15   #5
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

hmmmm... Poor persons Justice League?? I suppose without adding a few more "expensive" DC characters there's no way they could ever use the name which would cost them in it's own right. Looks like it'll be going down the road of Marvels:Agents of Shield (a good show in it's own right) in that you here about the goings on of the big characters (in this case Superman/Batman) but you never see them in the show.

Still though not sure flash or Arrow had many more series in them so it keeps those characters alive.
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2015, 10:13   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
Still though not sure flash or Arrow had many more series in them so it keeps those characters alive.
The Flash has only had one series so far?!
Old 20-05-2015, 12:59   #7
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymmy View Post
hmmmm... Poor persons Justice League?? I suppose without adding a few more "expensive" DC characters there's no way they could ever use the name which would cost them in it's own right. Looks like it'll be going down the road of Marvels:Agents of Shield (a good show in it's own right) in that you here about the goings on of the big characters (in this case Superman/Batman) but you never see them in the show.

Having just watched the Flash Season 1 finale, I can personally say I think you are wrong there. It shows a lot of promise. In the Flash/DC universe many of the names aren't small at all.

Also DC have stated their TV universe is seperate from the Movie one.
Old 20-05-2015, 18:03   #8
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars

Flash is a very poor story and nothing like the Barry from the comic books, as for Arrow I gave up on it half way through the first series. DC TV and film always seems to disappoint compare to Marvel equivalents which is strange as DC comics were always the better of the two. The only decent one was Smallville which being a prequel had more to offer as the main character grew on you as he grew up.

DC had a good success with the justice league cartoon so gawd knows why they didn't follow up with the TV show instead of bringing in a shows featuring the lower justice league members supported by some bit rate hero's.

Oh well there's already too much to watch on USA timelines

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post

Also DC have stated their TV universe is seperate from the Movie one.
Never understood why they chose to do that as they could do wonders on TV as side plots to films
Old 20-05-2015, 19:31   #9
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

As AoS has proved, mixing TV and Movie universes can get complicated.

However I disagree about The Flash not being good. I think its one of the best comic series on TV just now and the Finale of the first season was almost perfect too. Mixing in so many other elements of the mythology and things yet to come.

The story of series 1 was very good and took many points and characters from the varies versions of The Flash and IMO did it very well.

It did also set in motion the seeds for the Legends series. So I think it will work well.

Supergirl also looks like it might be really good. Sure there will at some point be crossovers between the four series. arrow had been good but the later helf of season 3 was a bit rubbish.
Old 05-01-2016, 17:37   #10
Kymmy
Inactive

FYI this starts on Jan 21st
Old 25-01-2016, 21:42   #11
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I am literally just about to lie down in bed and watch it. I prefer Marvel stuff and love Agents of Shield. I really do like Arrow and Flash and I hope Legends of Tomorrow is just as good and not a cheap attempt to cash in on the expanded universe.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2016, 18:58   #12
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

I enjoyed the first episode last week.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2016, 19:35   #13
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

I am not too sure about this. I can see it being cancelled asap. All the characters are good in their own way and make great accessory/side characters in Arrow and The Flash but they just aren't strong enough to carry their own series. I watched it last night and I honestly wanted to turn it off half way through, I was bored. Now we understand where the show title "Legends of Tomorrow" comes from but how long are they going to be able to milk going after Vandal Savage for?
Old 26-01-2016, 20:34   #14
Kymmy
Inactive

Cross between a poor doctor who and a poor super hero group.. It's as though they've taken every sub character from Flash and Arrow that have run their course and made a show to reuse them.
Old 26-01-2016, 20:43   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

yup, and the problem is that they are good characters but only in moderation and when used properly. I love the Atom, his personality and the quips he comes out with but he needs to be around Oliver and Felicity for them to work properly.