Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Copying settings from failed box

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Copying settings from failed box

Old 19-05-2014, 20:52   #1
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era
Copying settings from failed box

Hi all, sadly my TIVO box has died and is due for replacement tomorrow. I note there is an option to copy TIVO settings from one box to another via the TV Anywhere site. Does anybody know if the failed TIVO will still be visible for a time once the replacement box is installed so I can copy settings from the failed box to the new one?

Thanks in advance.
Old 19-05-2014, 20:57   #2
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon
Re: Copying settings from failed box

Can't remember if it was here or not, but someone provided a link where you can copy the series links over. Will try and find the link now, if someone else doesn't provide before hand.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2014, 21:07   #3
kgollop
cf.geek

kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
Can't remember if it was here or not, but someone provided a link where you can copy the series links over. Will try and find the link now, if someone else doesn't provide before hand.
Thank you, I think it's this one: http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/

The boxswap part of the link makes it sound promising!
Old 19-05-2014, 21:24   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, that's the link. The settings should be available for two weeks after the box is swapped out.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2014, 21:30   #5
kgollop
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Yes, that's the link. The settings should be available for two weeks after the box is swapped out.
Fantastic, thanks Spiderplant. That's a very handy feature!
Old 20-05-2014, 13:19   #6
kgollop
cf.geek

Guessing my new box should not be repeatedly rebooting after copying the settings? :-/
Old 20-05-2014, 16:32   #7
kgollop
cf.geek

Seems me new box was faulty too! Completely dead an hour after install. Now have a Samsung box which is (touch wood) up and running. Good service from VM and they had replaced the newly failed box within two hours. I've now managed to copy the series links over. I'm not seeing any planned recordings yet but I'm assuming I need to be a pit patient and let it finish downloading all the EPG data and sort itself out?
Old 20-05-2014, 17:13   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
I've now managed to copy the series links over. I'm not seeing any planned recordings yet but I'm assuming I need to be a pit patient and let it finish downloading all the EPG data and sort itself out?
Yes, it takes a couple of hours. Do the series links show in Manage My Series Links already? (I've never actually seen that app work. It doesn't like accounts with more than 10 TiVos )
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2014, 17:24   #9
kgollop
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Yes, it takes a couple of hours. Do the series links show in Manage My Series Links already? (I've never actually seen that app work. It doesn't like accounts with more than 10 TiVos )
Thanks for letting me know. Yes the series links are showing and I've just started seeing planned recordings. It actually works beautifully (now I have a working box!) and has saved me a huge amount of time. Would be good for the techs/CS to do this as standard on a box swap, the ones that came out to me hadn't even heard of the feature. Certainly takes some of the pain away about having lost all my recordings
Old 13-11-2016, 00:06   #10
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
Thank you, I think it's this one: http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/tivo/boxswap/

The boxswap part of the link makes it sound promising!
This thread is from 2014 and the link no longer works.

I've gone onto the TV Anywhere site and cannot find 'Copy TiVo settings', despite what the instructions say.

Can anyone help? I'm just trying to familiarise myself with this facility to be ready to transfer Series Links etc for when my V6 arrives.

Cheers.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 09:03   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

You'll only see it if you've got more than one TiVo already or if you've had a box swapped within the last 14 days.
Old 13-11-2016, 11:04   #12
daveybm
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph
daveybm is on a distinguished roaddaveybm is on a distinguished road

Just out of interest I had a look at this and it shows 4 TiVo boxes although we only have,( and have only ever had) 2. Does any one know the reason for that?

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 ----------

After having a further look at Manage my TiVo it shows that 2 of the boxes are disconnected, but I still don't know where they came from.
daveybm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 11:13   #13
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Yes, there are reports of phantom TiVos on both the browser and app versions of TV Anywhere.
I have one too. Have you had your golden ticket for a free 2TB Virgin TV V6 yet?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 11:15   #14
daveybm
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph
daveybm is on a distinguished roaddaveybm is on a distinguished road

No but I wouldn't mind one !
daveybm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2016, 16:05   #15
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
You'll only see it if you've got more than one TiVo already or if you've had a box swapped within the last 14 days.
That explains it Ben- thank you.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote