Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Will Scotland Leave the UK?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Old 10-01-2012, 18:17   #31
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Will Scotland Leave the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
I'm waiting for the Welsh to want independance, but as the were conqured but the English they can only be given there freedom.
We don't want it. The Welsh Assembly is more like the committee of a workingmen's club and shouldn't be trusted with scissors never mind complete control of the country.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-01-2012, 18:20   #32
RizzyKing

Devolution was a pander to the nationalists i never heard any of my welsh or scottish friends banging on about wanting it or needing it and many of them are not happy with how it is working out for them. I guess some politicians have to stick to a point regardless of how many people they actually represent with it to feel they are needed or have meaning.
Old 10-01-2012, 18:28   #33
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Devolution was a pander to the nationalists i never heard any of my welsh or scottish friends banging on about wanting it or needing it and many of them are not happy with how it is working out for them.
When it was first suggested by Labour I was pretty much in favour of it but once I saw how terrible the WAG were at management, I quickly changed my mind. I have no complaints with free prescriptions and hospital parking but that's as far as it goes.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 10-01-2012, 18:35   #34
RizzyKing

Even communism had it's good points but as a whole you wouldn't want it and i think it is the same for devolution a few carrots doesn't make up for the utter mess of the whole if you see what i mean .
Old 10-01-2012, 18:42   #35
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Communism - wonderful theory, then people/reality got involved....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 18:46   #36
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
We don't want it. The Welsh Assembly is more like the committee of a workingmen's club and shouldn't be trusted with scissors never mind complete control of the country.
Excellent.

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 19:04   #37
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Communism - wonderful theory, then people/reality got involved....
Yes indeed and like Capitalism those at the top tend to get get rich and leave the vast majority of us picking up the pieces.
Old 10-01-2012, 19:08   #38
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

The SNP is now saying the referendum will take place in the autumn of 2014. Linkage to follow ...
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 19:37   #39
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
We don't want it.
Obviously not. Then again you're English, remember?

Quote:
Born in England btw.
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 19:46   #40
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I just want the Scottish MPs not to be able to vote on matters pertaining to England.That's as independent as I want things to be.
Old 10-01-2012, 19:48   #41
Mr Angry
Inactive

Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars
Mr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny starsMr Angry has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I just want the Scottish MPs not to be able to vote on matters pertaining to England.That's as independent as I want things to be.
That makes sense.
Mr Angry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 20:08   #42
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Angry View Post
Obviously not. Then again you're English, remember?
No, I'm Welsh. And the majority of us do not want devolution.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 10-01-2012, 20:12   #43
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

If Scotland did vote for independance would they have to apply for EU membership (should they want it) or would it be granted automatically?
Old 10-01-2012, 20:13   #44
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

If Scotland were to break away from the United Kingdom then it would have to negotiate separate membership of any and all international bodies it wanted to join, including the EU.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 20:14   #45
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Are we all not a part of a island conjoined? (apart from Ireland)? If any broke away would they try and break away the land mass?
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote