Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

Old 30-07-2013, 17:20   #3946
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Re: Think Broadband Ping Monitor Results (POST YOURS)

I've just joined my Infinity & VM PHY circuits so there is a 192.168.1.1 conflict. Of course I can't see both LANs at the same time but when I put the Infinity circuit back onto its isolated LAN, if Kush's thoughts are correct then I would expect to see a change of LAN IP address on my ASUS.

It remained at 192.168.1.1

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 30-07-2013, 17:57   #3947
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Well I'm out of ideas.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 18:46   #3948
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Would a Firmware upgrade make it change as i did a upgrade on the 24 of July ?
Old 30-07-2013, 23:05   #3949
Kushan

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

It's possible and is certainly the most likely candidate but I've never seen mine do that (Got the same router).
Old 31-07-2013, 14:27   #3950
Sephiroth
Simples

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

AS Kush says. But it shouldn't have becasue the default is 192.168.1.1

Old 31-07-2013, 15:18   #3951
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
I've just joined my Infinity & VM PHY circuits so there is a 192.168.1.1 conflict. Of course I can't see both LANs at the same time but when I put the Infinity circuit back onto its isolated LAN, if Kush's thoughts are correct then I would expect to see a change of LAN IP address on my ASUS.

It remained at 192.168.1.1
seph remember I told you I had both routers on my lan and I ould switch at will using commands on my pc?

I thought you was going to try that, no swapping cables then.

Just reassign the ip for one of the gateways, have both on lan and can play around with gateways on client pc's with both gateways phsically connected at same time. Can even change gw for just specific sites/ips.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 15:38   #3952
Sephiroth
Simples

Yeah - Chrys; I tried that (PC commands) but couldn't be othered to find out why it wouldn't work first time.

There's no problem if I have different IPs on the routers, but they are the same because of devices with fixed IPs that I can then patch to either network as required.

But I will loo at your second suggestion in the comig days. That has attractions. One of the problems to overcome is that Vista isn't very good with this. But I'm buying a new laptop as my main machine and Windows 7 is very good on the network side.

Finally all I was trying to do in this case was see if the ASUS IP address changed upon an IP address clash.

Old 31-07-2013, 15:57   #3953
jarrodstrachan
cf.member

jarrodstrachan is on a distinguished roadjarrodstrachan is on a distinguished road

Cat-C Reseg put back until September, if that date holds that makes it a whole 14 months. FTTC no longer anywhere in site..
jarrodstrachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 16:10   #3954
Kushan

Quote:
Yeah - Chrys; I tried that (PC commands) but couldn't be othered to find out why it wouldn't work first time.

There's no problem if I have different IPs on the routers, but they are the same because of devices with fixed IPs that I can then patch to either network as required.

But I will loo at your second suggestion in the comig days. That has attractions. One of the problems to overcome is that Vista isn't very good with this. But I'm buying a new laptop as my main machine and Windows 7 is very good on the network side.

Finally all I was trying to do in this case was see if the ASUS IP address changed upon an IP address clash.
You're still running Vista on something? Get that upgraded to 7 asap! I'll even donate a Win7 key if you need one.
Old 31-07-2013, 18:05   #3955
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 18:18   #3956
Sephiroth
Simples

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
You're still running Vista on something? Get that upgraded to 7 asap! I'll even donate a Win7 key if you need one.
Problem is that it won't upgrade. It demands a reinstall and I've got some delicate (legal) software that no longer licenses over the web and thus may not install as I need it. If you know a lift and shift with registry frig method for getting round that - do please let me know!

Old 01-08-2013, 08:19   #3957
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze

Quote:

you can have both gateways on all pcs with different metrics, then you got auto fallback if one goes down.
Old 01-08-2013, 11:10   #3958
Sephiroth
Simples

Chrys

You any good with this?

Problem is that it (my Vista) won't upgrade. It demands a reinstall and I've got some delicate (legal) software that no longer licenses over the web and thus may not install as I need it. If you know a lift and shift with registry frig method for getting round that - do please let me know!

Old 01-08-2013, 12:27   #3959
Kushan

It demands a reinstall? Are you trying to go from Vista 32bit to Windows 7 64bit? Because that'll definitely ask for a reinstall. Going 32bit to 32bit though should work though.

Also just getting back to my superhub - I haven't had a chance to look at it properly yet, but this is what it currently looks like (Apologies for the poor quality):

http://i.imgur.com/V6LRFGL.jpg
Old 02-08-2013, 12:17   #3960
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Chrys

You any good with this?

Problem is that it (my Vista) won't upgrade. It demands a reinstall and I've got some delicate (legal) software that no longer licenses over the web and thus may not install as I need it. If you know a lift and shift with registry frig method for getting round that - do please let me know!
that would depend on the app. You saying it has online activation and the online activation servers are now shut down?

I would suggest setting up a VM, put win7 inside it and try to install the app, if it fails you still have it on your host system.