Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Amazon customer service email

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion

Amazon customer service email

Old 14-10-2010, 13:40   #31
Jacktherat
Inactive

Jacktherat is on a distinguished roadJacktherat is on a distinguished road
Re: Amazon customer service email

Quote:
Originally Posted by geary021 View Post
I love Amazon! They're great, and really helpfull!! I only ever had one problem with them when they sent me the wrong item and when I complained they sent me the correct item, refunded my original payment and gave me a £20 gift voucher as a sign of goodwill! Have none of you guys had similar fortune? Maybe you were rude to the good people of Amazon?
In defence of Amazon, over the years I've bought online many books, various SLR lens, 2 notebooks, CDs, DVDs and only once was a faulty product sent. That was resolved with an email and my credit card credited the same day.

I've always found the service swift and packaging they use to be robust.
Jacktherat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-10-2010, 14:00   #32
Begize
Inactive

Services: XL TV (TiVo 1TB & V HD), XL Broadband (Superhub 2 in modem mode), L Telephone
Begize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the roughBegize is a jewel in the rough

Also in defence of Amazon, a few years ago I ordered a load of stuff for Christmas presents in late November. When the delivery turned up, it was completely the wrong stuff (I guess they labelled the boxes wrong). They refused to send out the correct items until I returned the others and I had to wait for a reply label to come in the post which I did and posted the wrong box back.

With about a week till Christmas, another delivery arrives, but this time missing two items but saying they were in the box on the delivery note. Kicking up a fuss by email, they agreed to send out replacements, one of which arrived OK but another arrived on Christmas Eve and was the wrong item.

When I contacted them after Christmas to complain, they were really good, refunded the whole order (about £90), let me keep the wrong item I still had (a book) and gave me a £10 voucher.

Only ever had two faulty items, both the same router where it turned out there was known issue with certain configurations and Amazon quite happily replaced with a different model, no questions asked.
Begize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 04:50   #33
Sannas
Inactive

Sannas is an unknown quantity at this point

This is a review I have tried posting on the Amazon website. Im posting here as to be honest Im livid with the way they are treating me, they have lost my business for good from this point on.

"I would love to write a review of this Hard drive unfortunately I cannot, I agreed to pay for First Class (up to 2 business days) and as yet I have not received my delivery, I spoke to Amazon and they could not give me any further information other than the post office tracking No. And a refund for the postage of the Item. However When I contacted Royal mail they told me that Amazon had miss informed me and that Amazon had not paid for a service of a 2 business day delivery for this Item. In fact they said what I had paid for was a un-guaranteed 3 day delivery, They also told me that the delivery is only recorded so the tracking no. basically tells you that the Item has been collected from Amazon and when it was delivered nothing in between. Royal Mail have also stated that as its un-guaranteed it could take up to 7 working days(including Saturday for delivery).

I tried contacting Amazon again a few days later and explained the situation as confirmed by royal mail, to which I was told by Amazon that was not the way it was sent, so bluntly put either Royal mail or Amazon is lying. Amazon told me I needed to speak to Royal mail further, which in my opinion is their job, and I informed the agent as much. After being on the phone to the Amazon agent for 35 minutes they finally agreed to contact Royal mail to assess which delivery option Amazon had used and also to confirm there was no misunderstandings between the two companies. However the agent didn't know how to contact Royal Mail and asked me for their telephone number. This is absolutely unbelievable, Amazon doesn't know how to contact their own courier?

I have used Amazon on and off for years and have found my self needing the assistance of their customer service, yet this is the first time I have found their customer service totally lacking in an ability to deal with a issue and totally lacking in knowledge of how the business takes place, they have no idea of how trading standards operates within the UK. Truly one of the most inept companies to deal with.

It's a shame that I have to write this on a product that I have already had great pre-sales support from Western digital and to Western digital all I can do is say I'm sorry for such a scathing report on their product when clearly this is TOTALLY Amazons lack of ethics towards customers and lack of business sense. Amazons sense of responsability towards items they send appears to be along the lines of "Once its out of our doors, its no longer anything to do with us" which apart from guarantee regulations that would be true if I had picked the item up and took it from them personally. But Trading Standards does state that until I have received the product it is still their responsability.

They have refused to cancel my order for another 8 days or if Royal mail confirms its lost which ever comes first, they have refused to send a replacement unless I pay for it, they have refused to meet me anywhere in the middle of this situation. They have refused to contact Royal mail and request the item not be delivered but returned. All the time they are expecting me to continue with time off of work until the item is delivered, or they are expecting me to take time off work to head on a 24 mile round trip to a depot to collect the item, which I could have done to start with and paid £7 more for the product than Amazons price. They are expecting me to contact them with information from their courier. All the time they are sitting comfortably on my money with absolutly no regard of my disposition in any way.

I know much of what I said in the last paragraph they are not abliged to do by Law, but you would think that a little bit of customer satisfaction would be worth much more to a company than something like this now extremely long post. To top it all I have just now noticed that I have paid £10 more than this products current selling price."
Sannas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2010, 10:32   #34
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

If you paid by credit card, your next step will be to contact the card issuer. The consumer credit act makes them jointly liable. They are likely to take a more robust line with Amazon (which may include simply getting your money back off them for you).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 18:31   #35
ashley3283
Inactive

ashley3283 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have had terrible service from Amazon, receiving generic email replies and trying to speak to Indian call centres.
I called 0208 636 9200 which is their UK head office number.
If you press option 2 you actually get to speak to an English human and if you ask to speak to their customer relations department you will get, yet again, an extremelly helpful English person!! Well I did anyway.

Hope this helps
ashley3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 02:24   #36
Welshchris
Permanently Banned

Services: 50mb Cable, L TV and Phone XL.
Welshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful oneWelshchris is the helpful one

i have ordered from Amazon 4 times in the past and in the 4 times i have never ever gotten what i ordered and had to fight to get a refund even though 2 of the orders were placed after the Swansea warehouse was opened which is like 15 mins from me.
Welshchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 07:47   #37
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

I ordered a Kindle ( gift ) on Sunday 21/11 and received it Wednesday 24/11 just as the tracking said it would, the only issue I have had is waiting for a new book to be published on Pre order.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 11:00   #38
greyposter
Inactive

Services: Tivio500
greyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nice

I've been very lucky with Amazon then.Quick service and items in good condition
greyposter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2010, 19:35   #39
MTJR
Inactive

MTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the roughMTJR is a jewel in the rough

It's when it all goes Pete Tong that you hit a brick wall with Amazon. Their business model is just not geared toward solving customer problems. Stack it high and sell it cheap. When it works it's brilliant, when it fails it's terrible. Luckily for Amazon they have more good days than they do bad ones.
MTJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:02   #40
Milambar
Inactive

Milambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond repute

Bought a sidewinder X6 keyboard. Paid extra for garunteed bext-day delivery. They failed to deliver it the following day (it arrived the day after that), so I called them up, got an offshore call center, who claimed that since it had been delivered, there was no issue (never mind the extra money I paid for the delivery)

Called their UK offices after 10 minutes with google got me their number. Spoke to a lovely English woman, who admitted they had failed to deliver the goods within the delivery timeslot, and not only refunded the cost of the next-day delivery, but refunded the cost of the keyboard too, and arranged a £10 bonus credit on my account.

I really can't fault that kind of service.
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 15:15   #41
Fitze73
Inactive

Services: 2 X Sky+HD 1x LG blu ray home cinema, PS3, XBox360,W
Fitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about themFitze73 has a spectacular aura about them

ive had over 60 parcels from amazon from last weeks black friday sales all on PRIME all arrived next day no problems at all
Fitze73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 16:00   #42
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

I've had excellent service from Amazon.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 20:17   #43
Huwge
Inactive

Huwge is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive always had good service from Amazon.

Last thing i sent back was an MP3 player that was ten months old. The screen packed in.

I sent it back and I was promptly refunded.
Huwge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 19:06   #44
ukko
Inactive

ukko is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everybody

Is there any way a customer could complain about the way one Amazon staff treated him/her as a customer?
ukko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 19:45   #45
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukko View Post
Hello everybody

Is there any way a customer could complain about the way one Amazon staff treated him/her as a customer?
You can just call them on this number 0800 496 1081
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote