Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS3 controller help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

[PS3] LittleBigPlanet

Old 18-03-2007, 00:39   #1
Gareth
cf.mega poster

Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
Gareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny starsGareth has a pair of shiny stars
[PS3] LittleBigPlanet

This looks interesting... http://gamevideos.com/video/id/9860

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
LittleBigPlanet is an upcoming platformer for the PlayStation 3. It was first announced on March 7, 2007 by Phil Harrison at the 2007 Game Developers Conference in San Francisco, California.[1][2] In the game, players control characters, using their various abilities to shape and develop the highly manipulable environment to build custom spaces, individually, collaboratively, and/or competitively. The game provides opportunities for players to acquire new skills and tools. LittleBigPlanet features global community features through the PlayStation Network for players to interact and share their "patches".
I like what they did with Ragdoll Kung Fu, and this looks as innovative as that was. Shame it's not a launch title, but maybe the PS3 will be cheaper to buy when it is finally released
Gareth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-03-2007, 19:26   #2
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: LittleBigPlanet

I looked at the demo of this a few weeks back......It looks really nice, the kids should like it!
Old 22-04-2007, 14:51   #3
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: [PS3] LittleBigPlanet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LittleBigPlanet

http://mediamolecule.com/games.html

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/gdc-07-...net-242171.php

Looks good
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2008, 00:10   #4
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Big ol' bump rather than start a new thread...

There was a great trailer for LBP at E3 - it's available on the PSN Store.

Lots of recent info:

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-173007.aspx

And a load of hands-on info:

http://kotaku.com/5030312/tons-yes-t...bigplanet-info

Can't wait
Old 30-07-2008, 06:59   #5
Bluffdemon
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media Phone and 50Mb BB , Tivo \m/
Bluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the roughBluffdemon is a jewel in the rough

Being quite an old gamer myself i am really looking foward to this game ! looks alot of fun to play and design your own levels !
Bluffdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 22:05   #6
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Anyone managed to get one of the Beta keys?

I tried last week for the Eurogamer giveaway - no luck though

[the Eurogamer website died under the strain of all the people scrambling after keys.]

There are more keys being dished out this week with 1up, gamepro, & I think IGN.
Old 30-09-2008, 23:45   #7
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Not yet Matt. The most annoying thing with Eurogamer was Americans were stealing the keys to and also people who were getting them were putting them up on Ebay for £30+.

Tried 1up but no word yet. you can also still get a key from Eurogamer if you submit a level design for LBP.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-09-2008, 23:52   #8
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Yeah, I heard that people from the US were getting them, & that others were selling them

I tried for hours that night! REFRESH, TIME OUT, REFRESH, TIME OUT...........

Just gone for 1up. Gamepro should be Wednesday.
Old 01-10-2008, 00:03   #9
Paranoimia
Inactive

Paranoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really nice

It's bloody awesome! I got a key from Eurogamer, and the next day got sent one directly from Sony, as I was fortunate enough to get accepted into SCEE's beta programme in August. It was annoying, because if I'd known that was coming, I'd not have taken one from Eurogamer.

Still, check out the OPM review...

Page 1 - Page 2 - Page 3 - Page 4 - Page 5 - Page 6 - Page 7
Paranoimia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 00:06   #10
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoimia View Post
It's bloody awesome! I got a key from Eurogamer, and the next day got sent one directly from Sony, as I was fortunate enough to get accepted into SCEE's beta programme in August. It was annoying, because if I'd known that was coming, I'd not have taken one from Eurogamer.

Hope you know I hate you ! lol

You should have got a Killzone key to then or be getting is soon am sure you lucky git.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Yeah, I heard that people from the US were getting them, & that others were selling them

I tried for hours that night! REFRESH, TIME OUT, REFRESH, TIME OUT...........

Just gone for 1up. Gamepro should be Wednesday.
Lol I had the same problems. I got to the actual page were you just had to click one button to get your key but it crashed each time. First time was 1200 keys left, second was 900 and third was 1 lol.
Old 01-10-2008, 00:23   #11
Paranoimia
Inactive

Paranoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really niceParanoimia is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
You should have got a Killzone key to then or be getting is soon am sure you lucky git.

And 3 other significant titles.

I'd love to give details, but - unlike some of the other testers - I read and respect the NDA. I appreciate the opportunity, and it's not worth the risk of losing it.
Paranoimia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 00:25   #12
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:

And 3 other significant titles.

I'd love to give details, but - unlike some of the other testers - I read and respect the NDA. I appreciate the opportunity, and it's not worth the risk of losing it.
I fully understand. I have done alot of Beta's myself and fully respect the NDA. None for PS3 though
Old 01-10-2008, 02:18   #13
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:

Two keys & I got none?!

I've just read your OPM scans. It sounds utterly awesome

Three weeks Friday...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Lol I had the same problems. I got to the actual page were you just had to click one button to get your key but it crashed each time. First time was 1200 keys left, second was 900 and third was 1 lol.
I couldn't even register... when I finally got the registration page to go through, the activation link they emailed me didn't work. Plus of course the actual key page rarely loaded.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:54   #14
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

I’m just going to get the real thing. Betas to me spoil the surprises of the game.
Home which I had the beta for I no longer look forward to.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 17:09   #15
icestar2
Inactive

Dunno if this is true or not but sounds good.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/3861.html

Quote:

According to reliable inside information delivered by a reader, it seems Sony plans to open up the beta testing during the final week to give everyone a shot at it. Essentially, they produce the closed beta to generate hype and interest, and then open it up to the public in the form of a playable demo a week before the game launches. The tipster in question posted the following in the Blu-Ray.com forums-

"If you don't get in, don't worry. They are supposed to be opening up the public beta for the final week. Last I heard they were still planning on doing so, this closed beta is just there to generate a bit (a lot) of hype for the game before it releases. Basically they are talking about turning the limited time closed beta into a demo for the week before launch. It is easier to do this than to release a demo."