Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS3 controller help

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS3 controller help

Old 22-12-2008, 13:38   #1
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
PS3 controller help

PS3 controller help

Why is it every time I turn the PS3 on either by console of controller the default setting is player 2!!??
Very annoying as you cannot change it until you go to a game. It happens everytime I do it?

TIA
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-12-2008, 13:45   #2
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: PS3 controler help

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
PS3 controller help

Why is it every time I turn the PS3 on either by console of controller the default setting is player 2!!??
Very annoying as you cannot change it until you go to a game. It happens everytime I do it?

TIA
Plug your conrtoller into USB port 1 and then hold the PS button on the controller down for 5 seconds. Then click assign controller and set it to number 1.

Thats how you would do it for a new controller so give it a try m8 and let me know how you get on.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 13:52   #3
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Plug your conrtoller into USB port 1 and then hold the PS button on the controller down for 5 seconds. Then click assign controller and set it to number 1.

Thats how you would do it for a new controller so give it a try m8 and let me know how you get on.
I'm sure i tried that but not in the USB slot 1.
I will give it a go.
Old 22-12-2008, 13:56   #4
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

The USB port you use shouldn't make a difference, you should be able to assign the controller to whatever player you want
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 13:58   #5
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
The USB port you use shouldn't make a difference, you should be able to assign the controller to whatever player you want
True but since he was having a problem I thought its worth a try.
Old 22-12-2008, 14:36   #6
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham M View Post
Well if thats the case I have it!

I will try again in port one and run my old controler flat, and try again.
Old 22-12-2008, 14:41   #7
RealDiamond
Inactive

Services: Free^60meg No, Free^30meg Yes, TV M, Phone M. Running Kubuntu 12.04+Chromium Browser On Free laptop
RealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really niceRealDiamond is just really nice
Re: PS3 controller help

Remove/disconnect any USB controllers
steering wheel,
singstar mics
Buzz controllers.
Rockband
Guitar Hero

The usb Ports of the PS3 will be selected as controllers first over the bluetooth drivers connected devices. This is why there is a manual override on the XMB for selecting the controller pads number.
RealDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2008, 14:59   #8
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDiamond View Post
Remove/disconnect any USB controllers
steering wheel,
singstar mics
Buzz controllers.
Rockband
Guitar Hero

The usb Ports of the PS3 will be selected as controllers first over the bluetooth drivers connected devices. This is why there is a manual override on the XMB for selecting the controller pads number.
Thanks for that. I may have the buzz USB pluged in now you mention it.
Old 22-12-2008, 15:07   #9
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
Thanks for that. I may have the buzz USB pluged in now you mention it.
Lol stone. I assumed you only had 1 controller in. Hope you get it sorted buddy.