Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Thinking of upgrading.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Thinking of upgrading.

Old 16-07-2017, 14:21   #1
philwhite100
This tastes nice

Services: TiVo V6 - 500mb -
philwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nicephilwhite100 is just really nice
Send a message via ICQ to philwhite100
Thinking of upgrading.

We currently have the 200mb service and we are thinking of upgrading to the 300mb but VM want to charge us £20 delivery for the new hub and we are wondering if anyone here has managed to get them to waiver this charge when doing the deal.

Thanks.
Old 16-07-2017, 18:57   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Thinking of upgrading.

screw that, shub delivery is supposed to be a fixed price of £6.99 unless it isn't a delivery charge and is an installation charge. I have a funny feeling that 300mbit is tech installation only because he checks that all the power levels are in spec and you can get full speed.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 18:19   #3
GazCBG
cf.mega poster

Services: 350Mb (Hub 3) | TV: 2x TiVo on XL | Phone
GazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the roughGazCBG is a jewel in the rough

If you are out of contract, you maybe able to get, it sorted.
Or phone VM and go through to Thinking of Leaving
GazCBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2017, 01:05   #4
RainmakerRaw
cf.addict

Services: Gig1
RainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of lightRainmakerRaw is a glorious beacon of light

As above the SH delivery fee is meant to be around a fiver. That said, I've never ever paid for new equipment in the past (at any amount, under any pretext) - right back to the Telewest days. Any time VM have tried to charge me I just point out they're trying to charge me for equipment they will still own, and that Sky would happily send me free equipment... The phone operatives don't really care, in my experience. It just seems to be policy to at least try to get money out of you before they (easily) relent and supply for free.

On a related note, I'm in a similar boat (re: wanting the 300Mbps upgrade). We currently have Vivid 200 Gamer with standard Homeworks. The latter was thrown in free during a contract renewal as Homeworks+/300Mbps wasn't available in our area at the time. So, what exactly is required for an area to be capable of / compatible with the 300Mbps service?

We were (finally!) recently upgraded to 24 downstream channels (from 8), and now receive a solid >200Mbps 24/7 without any slow periods even at peak times. I know 300Mbps requires 24 channels, but is this the only criteria? I don't want to go through the hassle of calling VM and jumping through the hoops, only to be told 'It's not available in your area yet Sir' again. Sorry to hijack your thread OP but given the context it seemed pointless to open a similar new one.
Old 23-07-2017, 18:19   #5
videodj
cf.addict

Services: Vivid 300Mb, Tivo V6, Tivo (Full House TV)
videodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enough

My Dad recently had a superhub 3 sent (replaced superhub 2) sent by courier with his new Tivo, self install (well I had to install and setup!) no charge. He's only on 100Mb though.

I recenlty upgraded from 200Mb to 300Mb, but I already had a superhub 3, so was straight forward, to engineer required.
videodj is offline   Reply With Quote