Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SH3 Question

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

SH3 Question

Old 02-07-2017, 11:14   #46
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: SH3 Question

the T3 and T4 timeouts should be in the upstream tab underneath the power levels.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-07-2017, 11:31   #47
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
the T3 and T4 timeouts should be in the upstream tab underneath the power levels.
..not on Hub 3.0.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:38   #48
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

I doubt a tech would be able to fix noise. You would need someone from second line to raise an outage
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:43   #49
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

he is going to have to book a tech first though who will come out and then escalate it though won't he?
Old 02-07-2017, 11:55   #50
Spitfire16
cf.member

Spitfire16 is an unknown quantity at this point

or maybe post on the VM Community forums with up to date info and let the VM staff look into it , first protocol will be them sending a Engineer who will escalate it
Spitfire16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:23   #51
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
he is going to have to book a tech first though who will come out and then escalate it though won't he?
A tech won't know if there is noise. The call centre need to use the network tools to decide if there even is a noise issue

---------- Post added at 12:23 ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire16 View Post
or maybe post on the VM Community forums with up to date info and let the VM staff look into it , first protocol will be them sending a Engineer who will escalate it
I've worked as a tech for 7 years and have never escalated noise. I wouldn't even know if there is noise. Before virgin go to the expense of sending a technician they need to do the relevant checks first
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 18:36   #52
General Maximus
Ran Away

sweet, I didn't know the call centre could do it. On the four of five times I have rang them over the last 17 years or so all I have had is script monkeys telling me I have got a virus or I need to change my browser to chrome.
Old 04-07-2017, 15:50   #53
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
sweet, I didn't know the call centre could do it. On the four of five times I have rang them over the last 17 years or so all I have had is script monkeys telling me I have got a virus or I need to change my browser to chrome.
They definitely can raise those kinds of outages, but having worked on both sides of the fence (call centre and outage), I can confirm it's not done often and when it is done, it's not usually done right.

Most noise issues are picked up by the outage team "sweeping" for clumps of engineers being booked for the same area (as in like 3 engineers going to properties connected to the same cab). That's why it's still better to have an engineer booked, even if you don't think an engineer will be able to fix it - because it's the primary thing outage looks for when raising new area faults.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote