Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 14-07-2017, 00:19   #1846
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
SA is Sky's best non premium channel. If you look at the Now TV Entertainment Pack and observe all those programmes we've missed over the years, you would realise that.

Like all Sky's regular channels, the fillers between those programmes tend to be absolute dross.
Tend to agree. Westworld up for 22 Emmys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40600522
Advertisement
Old 14-07-2017, 00:41   #1847
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
SA is Sky's best non premium channel. If you look at the Now TV Entertainment Pack and observe all those programmes we've missed over the years, you would realise that.

Like all Sky's regular channels, the fillers between those programmes tend to be absolute dross.
It is over hyped yes it has some great shows but you know my method anyway lol.

---------- Post added at 23:41 ---------- Previous post was at 23:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Tend to agree. Westworld up for 22 Emmys

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40600522
Westworld was brilliant not too sure but i heard sky cut some parts out of episodes.
I watched it via hbogo so wouldn't know if what i was told is true or not, i know they have adbreaks when they simlucast hbo shows the same time hbo show them which cuts parts out, hbo does not advertise.
But on the otherhand you pay a lot more for hbo than sky atlantic anyway.
Old 14-07-2017, 13:26   #1848
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
On the flip side vm were offered it at a price so they are as much to blame as SKY for vm not having sky atlantic, vm could of easily bid for HBO content too when SKY were re-nogotiating with HBO but as usual vm decided not to bid and instead whinge "poor us, big bad SKY won't give us sky atlantic, poor us big bad bt won't give us AMC"
BT, SKY and VM need their heads banging together.

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:57 ----------

Can you back that statement up?
I think these figures are a little cooked up... Classic Murdoch

My problem with sky atlantic is sky one doesnt have enough quality tv as it is. Theyve now stretched content over several more channels and i dont really understand why. All this content could quite happily be on Sky One.

If people wanted Atlantic that much theyd have left VM and gone to sky by now. They havent. Sky continuing to withhold the channel is very, very spiteful. Theyd make a lot more if it was on VM with advertisement fees.

How Ofcom havent got involved in this tells you everything about the current political situation

Last edited by vincerooney; 14-07-2017 at 13:26. Reason: .
Old 14-07-2017, 13:41   #1849
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I think these figures are a little cooked up... Classic Murdoch

My problem with sky atlantic is sky one doesnt have enough quality tv as it is. Theyve now stretched content over several more channels and i dont really understand why. All this content could quite happily be on Sky One.

If people wanted Atlantic that much theyd have left VM and gone to sky by now. They havent. Sky continuing to withhold the channel is very, very spiteful. Theyd make a lot more if it was on VM with advertisement fees.

How Ofcom havent got involved in this tells you everything about the current political situation
As i've said number of times then vm should bid for content no one is being spiteful it's called business.
Are bt being spiteful with AMC, are vm being spiteful with their on demand exclusives?
Ofcom won't get involved as all three are as bad as each other and ultimately it is us the consumer that ends up suffering.
Many will disagree with me but i stand ny what i have always said vm should never have sold their channels, imo and it is only my opinion i feel vm had a good bargaining chip with their channels.
Old 14-07-2017, 13:57   #1850
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
As i've said number of times then vm should bid for content no one is being spiteful it's called business.
Are bt being spiteful with AMC, are vm being spiteful with their on demand exclusives?
Ofcom won't get involved as all three are as bad as each other and ultimately it is us the consumer that ends up suffering.
Many will disagree with me but i stand ny what i have always said vm should never have sold their channels, imo and it is only my opinion i feel vm had a good bargaining chip with their channels.
But, theone, Ofcom are there to protect the consumer. If they are all as bad as one another as you say, that is more reason to get involved on behalf of consumers.

If VM had their own exclusive channels, this would not solve the problem of not being able to see the programmes you want that are on exclusive channels on other platforms.

I want AMC, Sky Atlantic and ITV Encore on Virgin Media, as I think it is a rip off to expect me to pay Sky an additional sum of money to see these programmes on Now TV, and to fork out pay per view money to Amazon to see AMC dramas.

I am against exclusivity involving programmes, period. I think this practice should be halted by law.
Old 14-07-2017, 14:06   #1851
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

But recently you said VM should do the same on here or have you forgot ?

It's also worth noting you have no issues with Netflix and Amazon signing exclusive content.
Old 14-07-2017, 14:08   #1852
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Its what you call convenient memory loss when it suits him.
Old 14-07-2017, 15:04   #1853
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
But, theone, Ofcom are there to protect the consumer. If they are all as bad as one another as you say, that is more reason to get involved on behalf of consumers.

If VM had their own exclusive channels, this would not solve the problem of not being able to see the programmes you want that are on exclusive channels on other platforms.

I want AMC, Sky Atlantic and ITV Encore on Virgin Media, as I think it is a rip off to expect me to pay Sky an additional sum of money to see these programmes on Now TV, and to fork out pay per view money to Amazon to see AMC dramas.

I am against exclusivity involving programmes, period. I think this practice should be halted by law.
And vm.sky,bt etc wonder why people go down the grey area route for content.
Instead of blocking sites they should attempt to put all that energy into sitting down together and thrashing out deals so content can legally be more widely available.
This is just my two cents worth lol but like many i'm growing sick and tired of the cost of tv/broadband rising, poor customer service and getting restricted to what i can do online.
I'm now with a small company (they don't offer tv but i still have sky until my sky contract ends) for £24pm i get 38mbs bb with 10mbs upload truly unlimited it is never slowed down plus payg calls and no sites are blocked either.
I don't hold the big 5 to blame btw for sites getting blocked i blame studios and judges who need to get with the time, again this is only my opinion.
Edit - by get with the times i mean make companies admit that by blocking sites their service is not unlimited as you are restricted, also my gripe with sites getting block is perfectly legal content is getting caught up in the blocks such as legal torrent sites that host drm free content and content from small producers who just want their music to be heard by as many people as possible (yes there is youtube for that but youtube can be a git too for copyright i myself have had several notices for certain music that was in my live gaming streams).

Last edited by theone2k10; 14-07-2017 at 15:09.
Old 14-07-2017, 15:08   #1854
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
But recently you said VM should do the same on here or have you forgot ?

It's also worth noting you have no issues with Netflix and Amazon signing exclusive content.
I have always said that I am against exclusivity of content. The only reason I have advocated exclusive on demand shows for Virgin was to keep up with the competition under the legal framework that currently exists.

I would indeed put Netflix and Amazon in a different category, at least in terms of their original content, because at a relatively low cost, you can choose to add to your other subscriptions without having to pay again for channels you already have. Does anyone really think it's reasonable, for example, for BT to require me to subscribe to their broadband service and pay all over again for TV programmes I already get on Virgin just to receive their AMC channel?

I cannot believe that some on these forums actually think that is fair play!
Old 14-07-2017, 16:59   #1855
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Can you back that statement up?
Well from the link above 1.2m watched Riviera, Sky has 12m subscribers, can't be more specific as Sky don't break down their figures, that to me says the vast majority of Sky customers (90%) don't watch it.
Old 14-07-2017, 17:00   #1856
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Nobody makes you pay any extra for anything it's your decision and a way in which services differentiate themselves from their competitors. If every service carried the same channels , same content the only thing differentiating them would be cost seeing many go under.

It's not like exclusive only happens in the TV world it happens in just about every industry out there. Whether you like it or not it's here to stay.
Old 14-07-2017, 17:08   #1857
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
Well from the link above 1.2m watched Riviera, Sky has 12m subscribers, can't be more specific as Sky don't break down their figures, that to me says the vast majority of Sky customers (90%) don't watch it.
You cant just judge that on one tv program, there are other shows on Atlantic, and i'd be surprised if the likes of G.O.T, Billionaire, Ray Donovan, Blue Bloods etc etc, didn't attract higher viewing figures.
Old 14-07-2017, 18:16   #1858
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Nobody makes you pay any extra for anything it's your decision and a way in which services differentiate themselves from their competitors. If every service carried the same channels , same content the only thing differentiating them would be cost seeing many go under.

It's not like exclusive only happens in the TV world it happens in just about every industry out there. Whether you like it or not it's here to stay.
Well, of course it's my decision whether or not to pay a small fortune just to receive one channel, but that doesn't make it right, does it?

You are not the first to espouse this fatalistic approach that it is as it is and nothing will ever change. Depressing to hear things like that being stated by young people. Where's the fire in your belly, young man?

---------- Post added at 17:16 ---------- Previous post was at 17:13 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Its what you call convenient memory loss when it suits him.
I think it is you, Den, who is misremembering my comments! I have only promoted the idea of exclusivity of content as a means of keeping up with the competition.
Old 14-07-2017, 18:32   #1859
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
You cant just judge that on one tv program, there are other shows on Atlantic, and i'd be surprised if the likes of G.O.T, Billionaire, Ray Donovan, Blue Bloods etc etc, didn't attract higher viewing figures.
If they didn't attract the audience then SKY wouldn't of ploughed so much into the new agreement.
I agree with you mm.
Old 15-07-2017, 17:17   #1860
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:

Yes OFCOM is there to protect the customer. But the body that ulitmately controls them, the powers that be in whitehall, have laid down the policy they must operate under. They for one must not restrict any competition that makes the platforms different from one another or they would be seen as restricting the choice of the consumer. As with other utlilities, switching supplier is to be encouraged & we are all not doing enough of it apparently!.
Closed Thread