Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Your School Memories

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

Your School Memories

Old 18-04-2005, 22:29   #16
Matthew
cf.mega poster

Matthew has reached the bronze age
Matthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze ageMatthew has reached the bronze age
Re: Your School Memories

I leave school this summer but one of my most memorable events will be chucking a glass of water over one of the assistant heads. That has gone down in school history.
Old 19-04-2005, 01:53   #17
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

In secondary school, talking to a friend, talking about the "attributes" of our English teacher*. I found out she was standing behind me when she yelled my surname and put me in detention..

*She was young, pretty, well endowed and extremely strict (well, she was head of English in an all-boys secondary school, with a mixed sex sixth form). She also caused many happy dreams, which I'd better not go into.

As for Uni, well, I spent far too much of that drunk. Even to the point of passing out regularly in Lectures (God knows how I passed Formal Specification, I spent most of the lectures passed out). The real fun started when I first started work, and some of my adventures have been posted here.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2005, 02:07   #18
Raistlin
Inactive

Services: Depends on the person and the price they're offering
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars
Raistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered starsRaistlin is seeing silvered stars

Sayin the word "Jugs" at just the wrong volume, just as the assembly went quiet, this was in the 4th year of Junior School.

I was then asked to stand in front of the entire school and explain what I had been talking about, there was some quick thinking that day I can tell you!
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 15:00   #19
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart
Got plenty. Some good, some bad.. I actually remember secondary school more clearly, but I think that's because it wasn't so long ago..
I hear ya mate...

I love my primary school years the most (K-6) as I was in a mainstream school AND I LOVE THE FOOD!!!!!!!!!!! -- I am thankful I was in school IN THE 80s before schools started making it worse in the 90s!

Here is what I loved

1) Hamburgers - It was plain hamburgers and I put lots of cathup on it..... I would do anything for one now!

2) Pizza - MMMMMMMMMMMMM (French Bread Style (Rectangle))

3) Fish Sticks - Also MMMMMMMMMM

And then later in the late 80s in secondary school I loved thier CABBAGE SALAD!!!!! -- Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!! -- I asked them for the recipe one day and my mom made some but it wasnt as good at all

Recently within the last few years I was eating @ a buffet (Country Buffet) and I found some of this cabbage salad on the bar... It tasted somewhat like what I had in the 80s in middle school!!
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 15:01   #20
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Blimey a 12 year BUMP!!!

FWIW I recall playing marbles on the top of manhole covers. The stakes seemed so high when your prized marbles were at risk...

Happy days.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2017, 15:30   #21
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Magnifying glasses and ants. Miniature solar death ray. At least it was quick.

One kid had the Fresnel lens off an overhead projector. Leathal!
Old 15-07-2017, 18:18   #22
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
Magnifying glasses and ants. Miniature solar death ray. At least it was quick.

One kid had the Fresnel lens off an overhead projector. Leathal!
You never forget the smell of roasted ant.
Old 15-07-2017, 22:05   #23
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

I'm a retired teacher..I'm trying to forget mine..
Old 16-07-2017, 06:52   #24
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Wow congrats Matey,I didnt realise you were a teacher!!

Good for you
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 10:30   #25
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

collecting the slates at the end of the day - was i happy when we got ink wells on our desks and paper to write on then i became ink monitor .
Old 16-07-2017, 17:07   #26
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
collecting the slates at the end of the day - was i happy when we got ink wells on our desks and paper to write on then i became ink monitor .
You had ink, desks and paper??? Luxury!... Bet you went to one of those posh schools for Tory toffs and the like.

Last edited by Osem; 16-07-2017 at 17:15.
Old 16-07-2017, 17:29   #27
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Getting the belt for being late for my English class in secondary school let's just say I was never late again.
Old 16-07-2017, 22:17   #28
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Absolutely no happy memories about any of the 6+ secondary schools I attended. Racially abused and bullied pretty much non stop till I took up martial arts. After that it was just miserable but at least the bullying stopped.
Old 17-07-2017, 00:42   #29
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Actually I have a selection of memories about secondary school. One is above, but another is our drama teacher..

She was strict. And slightly scary. Scary enough that we turned up for her class early despite having to miss most of morning break to get there.

One morning, instead of our normal lesson, she sat us all down. Then proceeded to tell us at great length how we were all evil, and potential rapists. I went to an all boys school, so we were obviously all male. One of my friends pointed out that rape is not exclusively male (female rapists are rare but do happen), only to be told to be a rapist you need a penis.

One of my friends turned up a few minutes later, at the actual start of the lesson, smiling. He was thrown out and put in detention. Iirc, when she heard, his mother put in a complaint. Whatever happened, I don’t recall seeing that teacher again.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 11:44   #30
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Shocking.....