Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media revamps its bundles

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Shame on you VM

Old 23-05-2012, 19:46   #1
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Shame on you VM

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ient-told.html

Unfortunately I am not surprised by this in the slightest. Goes to show that the NTL 'Traffic Warden' mentality is still alive and well in Virgin Media.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2012, 19:51   #2
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Re: Shame on you VM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...ient-told.html

Unfortunately I am not surprised by this in the slightest. Goes to show that the NTL 'Traffic Warden' mentality is still alive and well in Virgin Media.
Additionaly

Quote:
A spokesperson said: “We will bring Mr Allen’s contract to a close as requested, but will also speak to him to understand if he’d like to keep his mobile and current phone number so he can stay in touch with family and friends.”

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-...bladder-cancer
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 19:54   #3
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

I saw that but it's just damage limitation. The initial reaction is what we'd have come to expect from NTL 10 years ago.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 23-05-2012, 19:55   #4
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I saw that but it's just damage limitation. The initial reaction is what we'd have come to expect from NTL 10 years ago.
Agreed

Old 23-05-2012, 19:56   #5
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

So a dying man phoned up to end a contract ,this was refused by first line reps escalated to senior managers who are possibly the only staff with the authority to end the contract anyway ,and hey presto the contract is ended .Did the Sun have a few spare column inches today ?
Old 23-05-2012, 19:57   #6
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
So a dying man phoned up to end a contract ,this was refused by first line reps escalated to senior managers who are possibly the only staff with the authority to end the contract anyway ,and hey presto the contract is ended .Did the Sun have a few spare column inches today ?
No phones to hack

Old 23-05-2012, 20:03   #7
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
No phones to hack

that'll be it then
Old 23-05-2012, 20:41   #8
TbGbe
Inactive

Services: Phone M, 10Mb, TV XL (V+)
TbGbe is on a distinguished roadTbGbe is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I know it is in the Sun - so take with pinch of salt - but my take on the story was that the response from the spokesperson was AFTER being contacted by the reporter - not a response given to the customer.

Quote:
And the company wouldn’t budge, even when Terence offered to send in written medical evidence of his prognosis.
Thus it was a reaction to the publicity and not "normal practice".
TbGbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 20:48   #9
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Sorry to hear about this guys trouble, especially if the events which took place happened exactly as reported.

The Sun is becoming a great alternative to The Citizens Advice Bureau. Plus, unlike Citizens Advice, The Sun will pay to hear your tales of despair.

Would The Sun have been as helpful if the poor guy wasn't dying?
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 20:50   #10
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TbGbe View Post
I know it is in the Sun - so take with pinch of salt - but my take on the story was that the response from the spokesperson was AFTER being contacted by the reporter - not a response given to the customer.

And the company wouldn’t budge, even when Terence offered to send in written medical evidence of his prognosis.

Thus it was a reaction to the publicity and not "normal practice".
But again, depends which part of VM responded to his offer to send in details - also it doesn't say he did send them in, just that he offered to, so it's an expectation of shifting the stance without confirmation

There certainly does seem to have been a better way to handle it, but at the same time, not everyone tells the truth when trying to get out of paying things
Old 23-05-2012, 21:24   #11
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Sounds about right
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2012, 22:28   #12
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Sorry to hear about this guys trouble, especially if the events which took place happened exactly as reported.

The Sun is becoming a great alternative to The Citizens Advice Bureau. Plus, unlike Citizens Advice, The Sun will pay to hear your tales of despair.

Would The Sun have been as helpful if the poor guy wasn't dying?
would there of been an issue if he wasn't dying?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 00:00   #13
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
would there of been an issue if he wasn't dying?
My point being if someone phoned Virgin to cancel their mobile contract due to being made redundant, and Virgin refused to help just like in the dying mans case, the redundant person wouldn't get the same support from The Sun. I'd be surprised if The Sun gave 2 hoots.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 01:43   #14
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

thats a whole different issue. VM have cut back plans for that.

may be guesswork white lies and all was part of the stance the agent took but it does need addressing somehow. all ISP need to take note of this, it isnt just VM, at least VM have really nice people in high positions at the company willing to go the extra mile if possible.

sending in medical/death proof isnt nice but the world turns and we have to as well.
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2012, 07:21   #15
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
My point being if someone phoned Virgin to cancel their mobile contract due to being made redundant, and Virgin refused to help just like in the dying mans case, the redundant person wouldn't get the same support from The Sun. I'd be surprised if The Sun gave 2 hoots.
In fairness it is at least possible to recover from redundancy.

I'm sure people try to pull all kinds of stunts to get out of their contract and VM, just as any similar company needs to have measures in place to protect its interests.

But the guy offered to supply proof. From my time working at NTL, had I been the agent I would have gone and spoken to the highest level manager available about this. And if that person had still refused to help then it would have shown them out to be the shoddy company everyone thought they were during the 'free internet' days.

Vote #AnyoneButTory