Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Freesat & Freeview

One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

Old 03-02-2016, 16:12   #31
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star
Re: One or two new channels coming to Freesat.

Thanks Richard , Fingers crossed, Nash
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2016, 23:36   #32
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It's definitely coming. AIUI, they bought the EPG slot from Showcase on Sky because there is a shortage of SD EPG slots.

There isn't on Freesat, so they probably found it cheaper to start up the channel from scratch as opposed to obtaining the Freesat EPG slot from Showcase.

Not sure if this would require a new satellite broadcasting too, as it's a brand new channel on Freesat, as opposed to being an existing Channel with a change of use.
The word 'licence' should have appeared after 'broadcasting'
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 01:03   #33
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Thanks again
Old 06-02-2016, 11:04   #34
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
It's definitely coming. AIUI, they bought the EPG slot from Showcase on Sky because there is a shortage of SD EPG slots.

There isn't on Freesat, so they probably found it cheaper to start up the channel from scratch as opposed to obtaining the Freesat EPG slot from Showcase.

Not sure if this would require a new satellite broadcasting too, as it's a brand new channel on Freesat, as opposed to being an existing Channel with a change of use.
You can of course switch to non-freesat mode if its available & tune in manually for now. Channel looks pretty good. Been watching it on Freeview 254 via broadband. Its also available through the website I quoted earlier.

Audience figures from the first 10 days of operations have exceeded their expectations for the entire first month already, & quoting from philmack's website.

" We are pleased to say that we will be making a MAJOR announcement about expansion of this channel within the next month , and can confirm that we should receive our Freesat Channel number within the next few days , and hopefully be broadcasting on Freesat within 14 days" .
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 15:52   #35
nashville
nashville

Looking forward to watching this Channel .
Old 06-02-2016, 19:46   #36
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I suppose Dave still isn't on freesat?

I could see me dumping sky if they did that. Freeview is really bad here in Sandy (which is odd as I can see the transmitter out the window - well I could if I could see, oh you know what I mean )
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 21:15   #37
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post

I could see me dumping sky if they did that. Freeview is really bad here in Sandy (which is odd as I can see the transmitter out the window - well I could if I could see, oh you know what I mean )
Depends how far you are away from it. If you are too close the signal may be going over your house (rather than by it) or it may be too strong.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 21:31   #38
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
Depends how far you are away from it. If you are too close the signal may be going over your house (rather than by it) or it may be too strong.
The latter is more than likely. Living next door to a 200kW transmitter is no fun, though a set-top aerial with a variable 1 - 20dB attenuator downstream of it should deal with most issues.
Old 17-02-2016, 23:49   #39
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Keep It Country TV will launch on the Music section of Freesat on channel 516 shortly. They have also secured a Freeview slot, with a prospective launch date in April.
Old 18-02-2016, 00:09   #40
nashville
nashville

Good News for me, I just love Country Music, The Traditional kind, Not the modern stuff,
Old 18-02-2016, 00:21   #41
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post

Not yet, but as several UKTV channels have recently launched on Freesat, the omens are good.

They have never been clear about their reasons for not being FTA long before now. I suspect it's a combination of an exclusive carriage deal with Sky and lack of spot-beam capacity for UK broadcast and they will go FTA as soon as they can resolve those. They have expressed their intention to make Dave a mainstream entertainment channel and are spending money on original content. It would be odd for them not to be universally available across the UK if they are serious about that.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 11:51   #42
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Not yet, but as several UKTV channels have recently launched on Freesat, the omens are good.

They have never been clear about their reasons for not being FTA long before now. I suspect it's a combination of an exclusive carriage deal with Sky and lack of spot-beam capacity for UK broadcast and they will go FTA as soon as they can resolve those. They have expressed their intention to make Dave a mainstream entertainment channel and are spending money on original content. It would be odd for them not to be universally available across the UK if they are serious about that.
The next UKTV channel to go FTA will be Home on 1/3/16 on Freeview. I can see them adding it to Freesat too, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

http://corporate.uktv.co.uk/news/art...tv-moves-home/
Old 18-02-2016, 14:26   #43
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Bad news I'm afraid, just found out that Home will remain in the Pay packages on both VM and Sky "for the foreseeable future".

Looks like those who want to watch this Channel for free will have to use Freeview (if they are able to).
Old 28-02-2016, 17:31   #44
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
Keep It Country TV will launch on the Music section of Freesat on channel 516 shortly. They have also secured a Freeview slot, with a prospective launch date in April.
Keep It Country have now moved to the Music section on Sky (389), & will launch on the Music section of Freesat on 1st March (516). They are still using the Freeview HD IP slot Showcase used to occupy (254), although there is no news on whether this will be maintained when they launch a Freeview HD broadcast slot in April on Freeview MUX 7, which will only have 75% UK coverage.
Old 28-02-2016, 21:29   #45
nashville
nashville

Looking forward to This new Country Channel. Will be home from holiday on Thursday ,