Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Old 28-08-2013, 23:33   #76
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Uddingston ML5 2 Upstream Channels

Yeah both my dates for Virgin 120mbit and the FTTC moved from end of the year till September.

Always good with competition imho! Considering going back to sky as feel Virgin is a bit expensive especially on the call front.
Jumping is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-08-2013, 00:01   #77
Gstevie
cf.member

Services: Virgin Media: TV-XL, 100Mb (Superhub 2), TiVo
Gstevie is on a distinguished roadGstevie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumping View Post
Yeah both my dates for Virgin 120mbit and the FTTC moved from end of the year till September.

Always good with competition imho! Considering going back to sky as feel Virgin is a bit expensive especially on the call front.
If I wasn't getting a great discount on the package I have with VM then I would probably look into switching more seriously. I must admit the phone line I have is really just sitting there, apart from the occasional call which is included into the package it's not used, all calls are done via mobile.

What I'm enjoying from this is the healthy competition, much overdue that could come from it. I may be totally wrong, but I have a funny feeling that something is gonna be pulled out the bag from VM by the end of the year start of next.
Gstevie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2013, 16:55   #78
Jumping
Inactive

Jumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of lightJumping is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah Im thinking once FTTC is actually live its time to see what retentions can offer, currently got the virgin in the missus name so could try and get a new customer deal option too.

Call costs are really bad tho especially as I phone abroad quite often and man its bad costs.
Old 30-08-2013, 04:46   #79
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstevie View Post
There has defo been a shake up with the schedule there. I checked those sites not 2 months ago and they all had Coatbridge down for 2015 at one point with some 2014 reports. Now they are saying end of 2013, that's some coincidence.

I can't say I'm really of the mind to switch from VM because my connection (touch wood) has been solid and I can't really say iv been let down by it apart from STM. I get a really good deal with VM just now and to sacrifice that for a reduction in speed just to bypass STM would be a waste of money in the long run when u really look Into it I think. What I am hoping is that this is the wake up call VM has been needing and if they see this competition building more and more we might just see some better treatment this side of the grass.
Don't you read the news? <sarcasm>

The roll-out of Fibre (FTTC) in lots of areas of Scotland was brought forward earlier this year.

I believe the Scottish (SNP) government bunged them a wad of money to do this, for example East Kilbride where I live switched from Labour to SNP at the last Scottish parliament election. Suspicious?
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 20:52   #80
Jumping
Inactive

Loaded Padawan's alternative firmware on the Asus RT-N56U bad boy and it seems to be slightly faster than Asus latests firmware

Happy days indeed! Now come on Virgin give me 133/12 pretty please.
Old 01-09-2013, 23:27   #81
Martin_D
cf.geek

Services: YouFibre | Lebara Sim x 2| Plex
Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

Anyone else in Uddingston not being hit with STM i done 10Gb just before 6pm and i did not get STM
Old 02-09-2013, 00:09   #82
Gstevie
cf.member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Dee 11 View Post
Anyone else in Uddingston not being hit with STM i done 10Gb just before 6pm and i did not get STM
I have heard someone else mention that about some other places on VM's board but iv not tried it out myself the past day or so as last week i was using Netflix in full 1080p and I got hit with STM. But I will try tomorrow after 4pm and see what happens. Hope we are on to a winner! praise the baby jesbus!!

Also did read on the forum from one of the mods that said STM removal was not being piloted in any areas - hope that is just to throw people off the scent.
Old 02-09-2013, 13:54   #83
Martin_D
cf.geek

Martin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to beholdMartin_D is a splendid one to behold

I just started getting Post RS Errors will this affect my connection. Ty

Attachment 24880
Old 02-09-2013, 14:58   #84
Gstevie
cf.member

Quote:
I just started getting Post RS Errors will this affect my connection. Ty

Attachment 24880
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/at...8126452-vm.png

I hope not as I seem to have quite a few of them and my connection seems to be running great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Downstream.jpg (392.7 KB, 15 views)
Old 02-09-2013, 15:10   #85
Gstevie
cf.member

After a fresh restart I get this:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Downstream 2.jpg (377.0 KB, 15 views)
Old 02-09-2013, 18:42   #86
Gstevie
cf.member

Quote:
Well I do not want to jinks it but STM should most definitely have kicked in with the "testing" I have done since 5pm to now and I can say that I seem to not be having it applied to my connection. Best news in a long time! Thanks for the heads up Martin Dee!!
Old 03-09-2013, 13:34   #87
Martin_D
cf.geek

Uddingston now set to get 120/12 in October

Attachment 24886
Old 03-09-2013, 14:03   #88
Martin_D
cf.geek

Look what i just got. I just phoned thinking of leaving us people and he put me on it

Attachment 24888
Old 03-09-2013, 14:17   #89
Rabb
cf.member

Services: VIP Package
Rabb is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Look what i just got. I just phoned thinking of leaving us people and he put me on it

Attachment 24888
w2g m8, after reading about October, was here we go again always the last, when rest have had from last year
called up, got a big no no. piratically told me i was lying to him as know one in our area is on 120 mb yet. so looks like need to w8 till october.
not going the leaving part, as have just got deal with wife working there now.
gotta h8 virgin the way they run these upgrades, SAME CROWD always last
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 15:29   #90
Gstevie
cf.member

Quote:

Attachment 24888
Must really like you! I called got an Asian call centre who said he "could do it" but wouldn't because it "would cause problems" then I called back 20 mins later and an American guy told me that no it wasn't showing as available on either of the 2 systems they use and when I asked if he could try he said no it wouldn't work. Ahh well I will call in a couple of days and see what happens.