Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Stargate Universe : Season 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Stargate Universe : Season 1

Old 15-12-2008, 23:09   #1
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Stargate Universe : Season 1

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/1...stargate.shtml

Film actor Robert Carlyle will star as Dr. David Rush in the next Stargate series.

Old 15-12-2008, 23:11   #2
moaningmags
Inactive

Services: 20mb, Tv, Phone
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
moaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze arraymoaningmags has a bronze array
Re: Robert Carlyle cast in Stargate Universe

Ooooooooooh can't wait. I love all that is Stargate.
moaningmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 02:07   #3
Enuff

L I V, E R P double O L - Liverpool FC
Old 18-12-2008, 20:19   #4
12noon
Inactive

Services: TiVo
12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice12noon is just really nice

Dr. David Who...
12noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 23:50   #5
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

There's been a rumour going around for a while now that SG:U would have a "big name" cast as the lead... who would then be killed off in the pilot, leaving the young & inexperienced team to manage on their own.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2008, 23:59   #6
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

I thought that was Atlantis
Old 14-01-2009, 20:47   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

From the "Whatever" blog, by John Scalzi

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 21:31   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2009/0...gate-universe/

U.K. broadcaster Sky One has picked up the rights to air Stargate Universe, Variety reports

Yay!

The new deal struck with MGM gives Sky One the non-exclusive rights to Video On Demand and “download-to-own” for the entire Stargate catalog, Variety said.

Boo - No Stargate on Virgin VoD then
Old 10-04-2009, 23:41   #9
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Services: Company LLU internet, soon-to-be company FTTC internet at 56Mb/20Mb!
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze age
Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Bet they won't show it on Sky Three either.
Turkey Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:01   #10
v0id
[CENSORED]

Services: Virginmedia - BB:250 TV:Mix TiVo v6 Phone:Talk Weekends w/anon reject
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal
v0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appealv0id has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Machine View Post
Bet they won't show it on Sky Three either.

Sure they will, eventually.

v0id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:29   #11
EBD3000
Inactive

Services: L Phone, L Broadband, XL TV, Tivo, V-HD, Xbox 360
EBD3000 has a spectacular aura about themEBD3000 has a spectacular aura about themEBD3000 has a spectacular aura about themEBD3000 has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
They don't show the other series on Sky3 so I assume they won't.
EBD3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:48   #12
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

I'm pretty sure I've seen them put Prison Break and Bones on quite a few times.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 16:15   #13
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Turkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze ageTurkey Machine has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by v0id View Post
Stargate SG-1 series 9 and 10 were made in 2004-2006, and they've NEVER shown it on Sky Three at all since it's been a DTT channel. Stargate Atlantis has been out since 2004 and that's not seen anything except Sky 1 and 2. It will never come to Sky 3 while Sky keep shafting their DTT audience with sub-standard programming. Which is why I've downloaded the 140 Stargate (Atlantis) episodes they have never shown on Sky 3 and am in the process of converting them to DVD so my parents can watch and enjoy them.

Sky are money-thieving barstools, and nothing short of showing SG-1 or Atlantis on Sky 3 will make me change my opinion of them.

They put the odd Bones episodes on Sky 3, but no Prison Break, no 24, no Battlestar Galactica etc, which is a shame because I'd actually watch them if they were on Sky 3. It's tactics like these which make piracy so prevalent of TV shows. And production companies wonder why people use BitTorrent for TV shows......
Old 11-04-2009, 21:53   #14
Elsie
Inactive

Elsie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Machine View Post
It's tactics like these which make piracy so prevalent of TV shows. And production companies wonder why people use BitTorrent for TV shows......
Give that man a see-gaaar! Nail. Head. Smacked.

It was even more true when Virgin & Sky had their fallout removing Sky from the Virgin packges.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 18:35   #15
Turkey Machine
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsie View Post
Give that man a see-gaaar! Nail. Head. Smacked.

It was even more true when Virgin & Sky had their fallout removing Sky from the Virgin packges.
I love a good rant against Sky most days.

Ooh 'eck, hang on a second....

Quote:
The new deal struck with MGM gives Sky One the non-exclusive rights to Video On Demand and “download-to-own” for the entire Stargate catalog, Variety said.
Non-exclusive meaning they don't have to keep it for themselves. IMO it'd be in their best interests to make it available on Virgin's VOD - bigger audience that way.