Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Ashes to Ashes

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Ashes to Ashes

Old 26-01-2008, 23:49   #16
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: [Merged] Ashes to Ashes

From the trailers this already looks like it will be just a good as Life on Mars.

Also I was Born in 1981 so I should maybe remember some of the things that get referenced this time around
Old 26-01-2008, 23:53   #17
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthYoda View Post
From the trailers this already looks like it will be just a good as Life on Mars.

Also I was Born in 1981 so I should maybe remember some of the things that get referenced this time around
Crikey, you must have a good memory! It's set in 1981...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 13:57   #18
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

You'd be surprised, lol.

well most of the things that were around in '81 were still around a few years later.
Old 27-01-2008, 16:08   #19
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one
Re: Ashes To Ashes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot View Post
Ashes To Ashes the life on mars spin off show this ones set in 1981 the leed Sam will be played my keeley hawes.and and also see the return much loved Characters Gene ray and Chris (no annie tho ) same sort of set up as Before.
cant wait for it,if its comes close to life on mars it will do me.
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2008, 23:29   #20
SMHarman
Inactive

Services: Cablevision
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze
SMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronzeSMHarman is cast in bronze

Interview with Philip Glennister / Gene Hunt in the Times Culture section today...

http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle3241252.ece

A teaser...

Quote:
When Gene Hunt steps out of his Audi Quattro and into Ashes to Ashes, the first thing we see is a snakeskin cowboy boot. It slaps onto the concrete outside a derelict industrial building, then stands as the camera crawls up the solid, nononsense frame above its pointy toe and cuban heel. Finally, the lens comes to rest on Hunt’s stern, craggy face, and his laconic Manchester drawl rings out across the car park: “Today, my friend, your diary entry will read, ‘Took a prozzie hostage and was shot by three armed *******s.’ ”

It’s beautiful timing. Until Hunt’s arrival, the sequel to Life on Mars has been more than slightly upsetting. The effervescent Keeley Hawes plays Alex Drake, a police psychologist who receives a tape from an officer – Sam Tyler – who has just committed suicide. (Okay, wait: if you didn’t see the hit BBC series Life on Mars, here’s what you need to know. Tyler had an accident and woke up in 1973. Was he mad, or in a coma, or had he been taken back in time? Whatever happened, it was as if he had landed on a different planet. He thought that maybe, if he could work out the reason he was there, he could get home. Then he killed himself.)

Drake has a daughter, and is driving her to school when she gets involved in a hostage situation with a gunman who has asked for her by name. Awful things happen, and her poor daughter seems in terrible jeopardy. Then Drake takes a bullet to the head and wakes up on a boat on the Thames. Before she can say “Why am I dressed as a prostitute at a party where the only music they are playing is from 1981?”, she’s in a scuffle with a posh drug-dealer, and we don’t know why, what’s happened to her daughter, whether she’s dying or what on earth she’s doing in 1981. Then Gene Hunt arrives, and we know everything’s going to be all right.
---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:27 ----------

I imagine there are going to be some interesting Gene Hunt isms. If they are continuing with Gene knowing Sam in the past and his mad ramblings about cellphones and cotton mills being turned into luxury apartments then he is going to start discovering that the rants were not so mad!
SMHarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 16:29   #21
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Heads up ... it's on tonight at 9pm. Our phone will be off the hook.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 17:50   #22
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris T View Post
Heads up ... it's on tonight at 9pm. Our phone will be off the hook.
Sadly as is the usual state of affairs I have a clash.I've managed to keep up with the last series of Eureka on the Sci Fi channel on Thursdays at 9pm.Well as they don't seem to be repeating that series anywhere I may hope to hell that Ashes will be on catch up TV or on the BBC player.

Why do I have this problem? I only watch tv for about an hour 2 or 3 times a week but I always get a clash. So much crap the rest of the week too.
Old 07-02-2008, 18:13   #23
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognitas View Post
Sadly as is the usual state of affairs I have a clash.I've managed to keep up with the last series of Eureka on the Sci Fi channel on Thursdays at 9pm.Well as they don't seem to be repeating that series anywhere I may hope to hell that Ashes will be on catch up TV or on the BBC player.

Why do I have this problem? I only watch tv for about an hour 2 or 3 times a week but I always get a clash. So much crap the rest of the week too.
It should be on iPlayer
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 18:27   #24
alferret
cf.mega poster

Services: There is no destination to life, the journey is everything!
alferret has a nice shiny star
alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Would you like me to record this for you and pop it in the post? Wouldnt be a problem
alferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 18:38   #25
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alferret View Post
Would you like me to record this for you and pop it in the post? Wouldnt be a problem
I'll see if it appears on the BBC player first.If it doesn't I may ask you for next week.
Old 07-02-2008, 18:44   #26
alferret
cf.mega poster

alferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny staralferret has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I'll see if it appears on the BBC player first.If it doesn't I may ask you for next week.
No probs
Old 07-02-2008, 18:49   #27
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
It's bound to be on the iPlayer. Whether or not the BBC has sufficient bandwidth for you to watch it is another matter!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 18:57   #28
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Looking forward to watching this.

Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 19:27   #29
alferret
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Looking forward to watching this.
Me too, infact Thursday nights are taken up by 2 1/2hrs of BBC now, what with ender\waterloo rd and now Ashes
Old 07-02-2008, 21:41   #30
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Nice way to tie up the lose ends left my life on mars
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote