Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 18-04-2017, 12:14   #1051
theone2k10
There can only be one
 
theone2k10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: between Mars and Venus
Age: 37
Services: Plusnet 80mb unlimited fibre, roku, appletv, xfinity, netflix, nowtv, foxsoccer2go, hbogo
Posts: 3,381
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
You know me Den, ever the optimist. I think the Adsmart announcement may be made in a couple of days when Sky's nine months results come out so keep your eyes peeled. Sky may also reveal changes in its sports packages then as well. Just my usual conjecture.
The sports package shake up is heavily rumoured on a number of forums there is certainly something happening i think.
Regarding Sky Atlantic i think it is possible, however if it does launch on VM then Dave has to run around in a pink onesie shouting "it did happen"
theone2k10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-04-2017, 12:32   #1052
denphone
Still alive and happy
 
denphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 42,893
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
The sports package shake up is heavily rumoured on a number of forums there is certainly something happening i think.
Regarding Sky Atlantic i think it is possible, however if it does launch on VM then Dave has to run around in a pink onesie shouting "it did happen"
Don't forget the straw hat which someone famously had to eat as well.
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
denphone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 12:49   #1053
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,800
RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Most wouldn't, Richard, but some might have seen it as a good compensation opportunity.

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 ----------


I think that might be a bit of a stretch, but the most significant parts of this article that could support your proposition are the much improved relationship between Sky and Virgin since the Malone takeover (there's a surprise in itself) and the changing fortunes of Sky with its need to bolster advertising to maintain its financial position.

If Sky Atlantic were to be made available to Virgin viewers, the increased audience share would certainly increase advertising revenue for that channel. Although much has been made of SA being the 'unique selling point' for Sky, its ability to differentiate the two companies in Sky's favour has declined in recent times. Most who would have been influenced by this are already Sky customers and are unlikely to leave in droves just because VM get access to it.


The planned tie-up with Virgin Media, which sources said could be announced within days, is the latest signal of the improved relationship between the two companies since Liberty Global took control in 2013. In the 2000s they traded blows after Sky derailed a Virgin Media takeover of ITV by taking a blocking stake. Sky sold its ITV shares to Liberty Global in 2014.

Advertising has become a more significant source of growth for Sky as its core satellite subscription business has slowed under pressure from BT and others. Credit Suisse analysts forecast that Sky will reprt only 30,000 new pay-TV customers in the first three months of the year, less than half last year’s figure.
If you can't speak to me without making snide remarks, dont bother at all in future.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 12:54   #1054
Dave42
cf.mega poster
 
Dave42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Posts: 4,231
Dave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze array
Dave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
The sports package shake up is heavily rumoured on a number of forums there is certainly something happening i think.
Regarding Sky Atlantic i think it is possible, however if it does launch on VM then Dave has to run around in a pink onesie shouting "it did happen"
can tell you there is 0% of that ever happening
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 12:55   #1055
1andrew1
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,328
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age1andrew1 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
can tell you there is 0% of that ever happening
Well, we had a surprise election announcement this morning so all bets are off in my book!
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 13:46   #1056
theone2k10
There can only be one
 
theone2k10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: between Mars and Venus
Age: 37
Services: Plusnet 80mb unlimited fibre, roku, appletv, xfinity, netflix, nowtv, foxsoccer2go, hbogo
Posts: 3,381
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
can tell you there is 0% of that ever happening
Are you prepared to bet your hat on it?
theone2k10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 16:12   #1057
Ultimate.Conj
cf.geek
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Berkshire
Services: Virgin Media VIP 200mb XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD
Posts: 869
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Ultra HD coming to VM?

Snippet from an article, but no time-frames. Coming soon I guess? :-)

"Asked about protecting Ultra HD content, he said it was Liberty’s ambition to launch such services. It had been advised to read a document produced by MovieLabs about protecting them. It will initially deliver VOD and EST in the format, which will be more difficult to protect than linear channels."

http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2017/...y-competitors/
__________________
Run when you can,
Walk if you have to,
Crawl if you must...just never give up
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 16:15   #1058
denphone
Still alive and happy
 
denphone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In the land of beyond and beyond.
Services: XL BB, 2 V6 boxes , XL TV.
Posts: 42,893
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
denphone has a lot of silver blingdenphone has a lot of silver bling
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

We are still waiting for the Virgin Media Store and a Virgin TV Kids app.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1395...vice-explained
__________________
“The only lesson you can learn from history is that it repeats itself”
denphone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 16:17   #1059
Ultimate.Conj
cf.geek
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Berkshire
Services: Virgin Media VIP 200mb XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD
Posts: 869
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
We are still waiting for the Virgin Media Store and a Virgin TV Kids app.

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/1395...vice-explained
Yeah the new and improved Virgin media store...wonder what happened to that?
I guess this is where their Ultra HD EST would come from. Renting/Buying the films here.

There hasn't been any word on it since they spoke about it at the V6 launch..Hmmmm
__________________
Run when you can,
Walk if you have to,
Crawl if you must...just never give up
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 16:48   #1060
OLD BOY
Experience is everything
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wokingham
Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House with Sky Cinema; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
Posts: 4,384
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
If you can't speak to me without making snide remarks, dont bother at all in future.
You really will have to do something about your humour deficiency, Richard.

It's strange that you should take exception to my remarks when you are far more scathing about Virgin Media and its employees. This is a discussion forum, and sometimes people will disagree with you.

In case you haven't noticed, people disagree with me sometimes, too!



---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
can tell you there is 0% of that ever happening
Do you mean SA on VM or the onesie?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 16:54   #1061
Dave42
cf.mega poster
 
Dave42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Posts: 4,231
Dave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze array
Dave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze arrayDave42 has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You really will have to do something about your humour deficiency, Richard.

It's strange that you should take exception to my remarks when you are far more scathing about Virgin Media and its employees. This is a discussion forum, and sometimes people will disagree with you.

In case you haven't noticed, people disagree with me sometimes, too!



---------- Post added at 16:48 ---------- Previous post was at 16:46 ----------


Do you mean SA on VM or the onesie?
meant onesie 0.1% for SA coming to VM
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 17:19   #1062
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,800
RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You really will have to do something about your humour deficiency, Richard.

It's strange that you should take exception to my remarks when you are far more scathing about Virgin Media and its employees. This is a discussion forum, and sometimes people will disagree with you.

In case you haven't noticed, people disagree with me sometimes, too!
This has nothing whatsoever to do with differing views. You have been made personally aware of my difficulties, yet continue to try and stir up trouble for me and make snide remarks.

For the record, I am severely disabled, took a bad fall and have ended up with mild brain damage.

The last thing that I need is the likes of you trying to run rings around me.

I do not wish to be exposed to your "humour" in the future.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 19:24   #1063
DreamRJ
From Mars
 
DreamRJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 12
DreamRJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
This has nothing whatsoever to do with differing views. You have been made personally aware of my difficulties, yet continue to try and stir up trouble for me and make snide remarks.

For the record, I am severely disabled, took a bad fall and have ended up with mild brain damage.

The last thing that I need is the likes of you trying to run rings around me.

I do not wish to be exposed to your "humour" in the future.
Hi Richard,

It is DreamRJ from DS,

I just had to sign up to CF to post and reply to this post.

I am sorry for your misfortunes. But we all have some misfortunes in our lives, so there is no need to be bitter, I noticed Old Boy was actually just having some banter. I know it can be hard to realise from text what is banter and what is not. But I am not being condescending when i say this, but i feel your trying to be poor me. and there is no need for it. Also this is not a thread for it. The thread should be kept on topic. And As i said i am sorry for your misfortune with your health and i wish and hope you can get some improvement in the future too.

But please just understand sometimes it is easy to misinterpret sentences in posts in forums. Maybe try and read them a few times over and try and look at the comment from every angle before you respond. Just some friendly advice

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

And can i now just post to say hi all. Been a lurker here for many years. But i used DS and i post there until today i signed up at CF.

And as to the rumours again for SA coming to VM. I doubt it will what so ever, i have said this in some posts in DS forum too a few times.

As i said in DS forum, I think SA is a overrated channel anyway. But i would not say i do not want it if it was to come to VM, but it is in the odds of 1 in a million to coming to VM anyway imho.
DreamRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 19:31   #1064
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness
 
alwaysabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: S Essex
Services: Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, talk more anytime.
Posts: 2,009
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRJ View Post
Hi Richard,

It is DreamRJ from DS,

I just had to sign up to CF to post and reply to this post.

I am sorry for your misfortunes. But we all have some misfortunes in our lives, so there is no need to be bitter, I noticed Old Boy was actually just having some banter. I know it can be hard to realise from text what is banter and what is not. But I am not being condescending when i say this, but i feel your trying to be poor me. and there is no need for it. Also this is not a thread for it. The thread should be kept on topic. And As i said i am sorry for your misfortune with your health and i wish and hope you can get some improvement in the future too.

But please just understand sometimes it is easy to misinterpret sentences in posts in forums. Maybe try and read them a few times over and try and look at the comment from every angle before you respond. Just some friendly advice

---------- Post added at 19:24 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

And can i now just post to say hi all. Been a lurker here for many years. But i used DS and i post there until today i signed up at CF.

And as to the rumours again for SA coming to VM. I doubt it will what so ever, i have said this in some posts in DS forum too a few times.

As i said in DS forum, I think SA is a overrated channel anyway. But i would not say i do not want it if it was to come to VM, but it is in the odds of 1 in a million to coming to VM anyway imho.
enjoy the ride!
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 19:37   #1065
DreamRJ
From Mars
 
DreamRJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 12
DreamRJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
enjoy the ride!
Thanks for the welcome
DreamRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 7 (2 members and 5 guests)
madman0, Barriescott
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:59.


Server: barium.zmnt.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.