Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Tivo Hidden features that suck!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Tivo Hidden features that suck!

Old 20-03-2012, 15:21   #121
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age
Re: Tivo Hidden features that suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Carl given what I understand to be your reasons for loving the TiVo, pot & kettle come to mind.

Quote:
But I guess I am wrong (As normally is the case)
Correct.
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-03-2012, 15:28   #122
Lew
Inactive

Services: VIP50, TiVo
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array
Lew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze arrayLew has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlwaring View Post
The latter is for the terminally lazy?
Doing other things while waiting for a live event to start and not wanting to have to clock-watch is lazy? You certainly have a strange dictionary, Carl.
Lew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 15:32   #123
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Perhaps l should put my Inspector Gadget arms on then.
Old 20-03-2012, 15:37   #124
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Surely your great love of The TiVo stems from how it does things for you. Does that not suggest laziness. ergo-pot calling the kettle black( Do I need to explain that to you as well)
Old 20-03-2012, 15:55   #125
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
Doing other things while waiting for a live event to start and not wanting to have to clock-watch is lazy? You certainly have a strange dictionary, Carl.
You didn't get the "" sarcasm then?

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Quote:
Surely your great love of The TiVo stems from how it does things for you. Does that not suggest laziness.
Not at all. It's time-saving, not laziness.
Old 20-03-2012, 16:29   #126
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
You didn't get the "" sarcasm then?

---------- Post added at 14:55 ---------- Previous post was at 14:54 ----------

Not at all. It's time-saving, not laziness.
Back to semantics again
Old 20-03-2012, 16:56   #127
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Proven here

Not only Den seems no others had this issue my parents had despite me connecting to the VM network the EPG data was still incorrect
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35401477-post153.html
Are you trying to say that this has never happend with the Sky box?

---------- Post added at 15:55 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Quote:
No argument with this statement from me, other than mine loses network connection a lot, along with BB. However I have been told & therefore accept the problem is outside my boundaries.
That sounds more like a BB issue, rather than a Tivo one. So call CS and try and get your BB issue sorted.

It's just like your car won't run properly if you fill it with contaminated petrol.

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lew View Post
And as has been pointed out, that requires manual intervention to select the recording and watch it, and rewind if required. How is that comparable to and automated service that changes channel at the start of the programme? If I wanted to just record stuff and manually view the in-progress recording I could have done that on my V+ as well. Guess what? That's not what I wanted. I wanted to be able to leave another channel (a music channel for example) on in the background and have my box automatically tune to ESPN America when the live baseball starts so I can get on with other things an listen to the nice music and be able to hear when the game starts because the box has tuned to it. So just because it's not a big issue to you doesn't mean that it isn't for those of us who have made great use of reminders in the past and would like the functionality on our TiVo boxes.
So aren't you capable of manually switching channels, and have to get a box to do it for you???
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 17:06   #128
Itshim
Do I care what you think

That sounds more like a BB issue, rather than a Tivo one. So call CS and try and get your BB issue sorted.

It's just like your car won't run properly if you fill it with contaminated petrol.

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:55 ----------

They do sort out the BB issue & its to them I report the problems . I am sure you are right & I have never blamed the Tivo box as such.However the problems seem to have started around the time I had TiVo installed. Perhaps its just a coincidence
Old 20-03-2012, 17:08   #129
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
Are you trying to say that this has never happend with the Sky box?
Yeah Sky frequently get EPG data wrong on one of their flagship channels stick to selling beds
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 17:13   #130
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yeah Sky frequently get EPG data wrong on one of their flagship channels stick to selling beds
Yes they often get it wrong....don't forget I had one for many years, until last December. So I have a great deal of experience of the Sky+HD box.

You also need to remember that if it is Sky channels that you are talking about, then the program guide probably comes direct from Sky anyway.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 17:14   #131
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Steady on old chap as Tim was only pointing out that there are EPG errors on the Sky EPG guide and for people to deny that is like saying don't have turkeys for Christmas.
Old 20-03-2012, 17:22   #132
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Back to semantics again
This from the King of Semantics! My irony-o-meter just exploded.
Old 20-03-2012, 17:27   #133
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
This from the King of Semantics! My irony-o-meter just exploded.
I am not complaining just drawing attention to it..
Old 20-03-2012, 18:04   #134
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Steady on old chap as Tim was only pointing out that there are EPG errors on the Sky EPG guide and for people to deny that is like saying don't have turkeys for Christmas.
I most vehemently agree TIVO is a superb piece of kit with many useful features , don't forget it's first trump card over Sky is its mammoth 3 tuners something that's unique to VM in the UK pay TV market , it also has an excellent search feature and never ending series links again beating the competition. You really need not compare it to the Sky+HD box as the two are completely different services and as you rightly say Sky+HD is indeed not perfect , people will choose what best suits them meaning channels , other services not just on a STB.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 18:17   #135
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
I most vehemently agree TIVO is a superb piece of kit with many useful features , don't forget it's first trump card over Sky is its mammoth 3 tuners something that's unique to VM in the UK pay TV market , it also has an excellent search feature and never ending series links again beating the competition. You really need not compare it to the Sky+HD box as the two are completely different services and as you rightly say Sky+HD is indeed not perfect , people will choose what best suits them meaning channels , other services not just on a STB.
As eloquent as usual and l could not have put it better myself.