Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Phoneline echo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Call divert charge for Virgin mobile.

Old 22-05-2010, 21:13   #1
tellyman
Inactive

tellyman is an unknown quantity at this point
Call divert charge for Virgin mobile.

Hello all.
I would like to answer a question regarding call diversion. I have XL phone with call divert. My question is are diverted calls to my Virgin mobile free. Logically they should be as on the XL package I can call Virgin mobiles for free. I pay £2 p/m for the diversion so why would there be any other charge. The point is I have called customer services twice and each time I had a different answer. One said yes and the other said no I would have to pay 19p a minute. Does anybody actually know?
I have checked and rechecked the imformation on the website but I can find no answer. Would be gratefull if anyone knows for definite.
tellyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2010, 11:29   #2
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one
Re: Call divert charge for Virgin mobile.

The caller is charged for the call to your home number. However they are being diverted to your mobile and cannot be charged for this part of the call. What you are charged will be the difference between the cost of the incoming call to your home number and a direct call to your mobile, so I think the 19ppm sounds about right.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 11:59   #3
tellyman
Inactive

tellyman is an unknown quantity at this point

Thankyou for your reply. However it does not answer my question. I understand I will be charged for the call from my home number to a mobile. But as calls from there to my virgin mobile are normally free,shouldn't those diverted calls to the same Virgin mobile also not be free?
tellyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 12:01   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

You make a good point, if your on xl technically they should be free
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 17:36   #5
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

This has nothing to do with which package you have on your home phone, as you are not originating the call. The caller is calling your home number, but you have diverted to your mobile so it effectively becomes a call direct to your mobile. The call is not to your home phone then from your home phone to your mobile. Any clearer.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 19:49   #6
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads

All service providers do that, they charge standard rates for the divert from your home/mobile to the number you are diverting your calls to which is down right out of order since it costs the same as making a normal call.

On mobiles, they charge standard rates and your minutes do not cover it.
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 13:50   #7
neilo
cf.addict

Services: V6, 350mb Broadband, Phone
neilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to allneilo is a name known to all

I would have thought that it should be free as you get free calls to VM mobiles, but knowing VM's charging, anything is possible. Sorry, that doesn't answer the question at all really!
neilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 14:17   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

If the call is diverted within the phone plan it apparently should be covered by the plan