Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Allotments

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

How do they do it?

Old 25-11-2016, 19:22   #1
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age
How do they do it?

I was recently browsing watches on Amazon and I came across this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quartz-Busi...ct_top?ie=UTF8. The price given was £1.77 plus £1.99 p&p. The interesting thing was that that there were 92 reviews, the majority being 4 or 5 star. Admittedly the company is in China, but even so . . .
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-11-2016, 19:57   #2
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: How do they do it?

Paid for reviews. Not even uncommon anymore. Companies literally sell this service.

Check the one star reviews and you quickly see the truth.
Old 26-11-2016, 13:56   #3
Theodoric
Inactive

Theodoric has reached the bronze age
Theodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze ageTheodoric has reached the bronze age

It wouldn't surprise me, it just seemed like a lot of good reviews. Presumably the days of getting a couple of friends to write glowing reviews has morphed into a booming industry!

Yes, I glanced at the 1 star reviews. Comments such as the hands falling off do make you wonder.

However, the interesting thing is that even selling at that price means that it's possible to manufacture (or at least buy) watches for under, say, a pound each. You can't even buy a watch strap for that in this country. I once bought a watch at my local market for £6 - it lasted about 4 weeks. However, as I'm waiting for Father Christmas to bring me a new, expensive (I hope!) watch, I bought one at Sainsbury's for £8 a few months and it's still going strong.
Theodoric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 14:01   #4
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Have you seen the wages paid in China? It's all about exploitation. Once the do gooder liberals get their way wages will rise to an acceptable level.

Funny they never mention living costs will rise also.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2016, 14:28   #5
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

i bought a pocket watch [mechanical skeleton type -you can see all the workings ] i have had it about 5 years it was £ 1.99 its Chinese and it works perfectly .