Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [PS3]

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [PS3]

Old 25-06-2008, 18:01   #31
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: MGS 4 Avalible Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Is it true the cut scenes can get up to 90 mins in one case?
There is one were including between acts cut scene it goes for a long time but not 90 mins. Maybe 40 - 50 mins.
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-06-2008, 20:19   #32
shawty
Permanently Banned

shawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to beholdshawty is a splendid one to behold

For anyone who doesnt have this yet, shopto.net ( http://www.shopto.net/page.php?page=...8MGS4%29&p=PS3 ) have it at £28.99 and as a special offer if you sign up to Eurogamer.net ( http://www.eurogamer.net/ ) you get a £2 voucher added to your shopto account ( http://gamers.eurogamer.net/giveaways.php?id=18 ) bringing the total to £26.99.
shawty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2008, 21:13   #33
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I finished Act 2 last night.

Not always sure exactly what the hell is going on, but still *really* enjoying it.

Awesome game
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 10:14   #34
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Services: V + HD V Telephone V Cable 20MB
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze age
STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Is it true the cut scenes can get up to 90 mins in one case?
No different to watching a very good movie.

I must be near the end now and still have no idea what’s going on, but who cares the cut scenes and the game is fantastic it gets better by the level.

I hope they do more like this.
STONEISLAND is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2008, 16:12   #35
icestar2
Inactive

icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by STONEISLAND View Post
No different to watching a very good movie.

I must be near the end now and still have no idea what’s going on, but who cares the cut scenes and the game is fantastic it gets better by the level.

I hope they do more like this.
Agreed Stone. They way they tell a storey is brilliant which Is why I was saying in an earlier post that it should win an award for Cinimatic production in a game. Very few game developer's have the courage to make cut-scenes of that length. I know the back storey mostly so was enjoying it alot but for people who dont and to still enjoy it so much just goes to show how well it is actually done
Old 01-07-2008, 21:31   #36
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
There is one were including between acts cut scene it goes for a long time but not 90 mins. Maybe 40 - 50 mins.
I think the end one must be near 90 minutes total!

-------------------------------------

Finished last night

Awesome game, utterly awesome - one of the best I've played

[And I don't even know the MG series!]
Old 02-07-2008, 12:19   #37
STONEISLAND
Inactive

STONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze ageSTONEISLAND has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I think the end one must be near 90 minutes total!

-------------------------------------

Finished last night

Awesome game, utterly awesome - one of the best I've played

[And I don't even know the MG series!]
Glade you enjoyed wicked game.

Please help

Spoiler: 
How do you kill the last boss on the boat?
Old 02-07-2008, 21:55   #38
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
Glade you enjoyed wicked game.

Please help

Spoiler: 
How do you kill the last boss on the boat?

Spoiler: 

Liquid?

4 stages with him.

Some CQC & combos to start with, then it basically turns into a punch up in the 2nd & 3rd. 4th stage you just do big choreographed punches - no health bar (I thought it was a cut scene & stood there at first!) - & it only takes a few hits to finish him.

Basically, keep dodging him, block, & punch back. I used the same basic tactics on all 4 stages. I think L1 was block & R1 punch. First stage lets you do a bit more dodging & blocking & stuff & combos.
Old 03-07-2008, 13:36   #39
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Spoiler: 

Liquid?

4 stages with him.

Some CQC & combos to start with, then it basically turns into a punch up in the 2nd & 3rd. 4th stage you just do big choreographed punches - no health bar (I thought it was a cut scene & stood there at first!) - & it only takes a few hits to finish him.

Basically, keep dodging him, block, & punch back. I used the same basic tactics on all 4 stages. I think L1 was block & R1 punch. First stage lets you do a bit more dodging & blocking & stuff & combos.
Sorry I think I have killed him already.

Spoiler: 
The one on the big ship, he or she is in the air and I cannot im as my sights keep moving.
Old 03-07-2008, 13:55   #40
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Sorry I think I have killed him already.

Spoiler: 
The one on the big ship, he or she is in the air and I cannot im as my sights keep moving.
Spoiler: 
Do you mean that psycho mantis guy ? The one with the 2 dolls in his hands ? and when you try shoot him your gun moves to the side slightly ?. If so then to stop your guns moving away from him you need to use the Nano machine suppressant syringe in your inventory on yourself. Once you use this then he cant control you anymore. Next you need to shoot the dolls in his hands I think its like 4 - 5 times for each one. Then pick them up when he drops them so he cant pick them up again. Once you have the dolls Equip the blue one aim it at him and shake it. Thats how you kill him. Thats assuming were talking about the same boss lol.
Old 03-07-2008, 20:38   #41
STONEISLAND
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Spoiler: 
Do you mean that psycho mantis guy ? The one with the 2 dolls in his hands ? and when you try shoot him your gun moves to the side slightly ?. If so then to stop your guns moving away from him you need to use the Nano machine suppressant syringe in your inventory on yourself. Once you use this then he cant control you anymore. Next you need to shoot the dolls in his hands I think its like 4 - 5 times for each one. Then pick them up when he drops them so he cant pick them up again. Once you have the dolls Equip the blue one aim it at him and shake it. Thats how you kill him. Thats assuming were talking about the same boss lol.
Thats the one!!

Thaks mate.
Old 03-07-2008, 21:03   #42
icestar2
Inactive

Lol no worries stone, Took me a while to figure that one out to
Old 03-07-2008, 21:32   #43
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Also...

Spoiler: 

You mustn't let Meryl die!

Each time she gets up & goes after you, shoot her with the Tranq. Pistol to knock her out.

If she dies, you lose.
Old 03-07-2008, 21:40   #44
icestar2
Inactive

Quote:
Also...

Spoiler: 

You mustn't let Meryl die!

Each time she gets up & goes after you, shoot her with the Tranq. Pistol to knock her out.

If she dies, you lose.
Spoiler: 
Yep thats right forgot to say that. I found it easier to stand next to her and knock her out each time though. Can get through it much faster that way.
Old 08-07-2008, 23:35   #45
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots [PS3]

Laughing Camo & Raging Camo DLC:

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/04/ne...-lols-aplenty/

Interview with David "Solid Snake" Hayter:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168559

Updates for Metal Gear Online - new mode, plus a new host option:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/thum...de-host-option