Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wall Mount Superhub Remove Base Stand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Wall Mount Superhub Remove Base Stand

Old 13-03-2012, 14:31   #1
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
Wall Mount Superhub Remove Base Stand

The shiny new superhub is wall bracket mounted, very nice. But the base stand now looks rather silly with the thing placed half way up the wall. The Superhub's Business Broadband manual has a nice photoshot with the stand removed. Any idea how to do this?
MovedGoalPosts is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-03-2012, 14:37   #2
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: Wall Mount Superhub Remove Base Stand

Undo the two torx screws at the back (right under the network ports) and pull hard.

May or may not void your warranty if you don't do it carefully enough.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 15:05   #3
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars
MovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny starsMovedGoalPosts has a pair of shiny stars

Ah right, so it's not really supposed to be removed by the customer then. I'll have to sum up some dutch courage ....
Old 13-03-2012, 16:29   #4
Sirius
Grumpy Fecker

Services: Every Weekend
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling
Sirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver blingSirius has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
Ah right, so it's not really supposed to be removed by the customer then. I'll have to sum up some dutch courage ....
Now Now Rob you know what we said about you and screw drivers at the last lan

https://www.macmillan.org.uk/
Sirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 16:46   #5
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

They do a wall mount now do they eh? I asked about one a few weeks after I had my shub delivered last year (because there's blatantly grooves for a wall bracket) to be told such a thing did not exist!
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 16:54   #6
MovedGoalPosts
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Now Now Rob you know what we said about you and screw drivers at the last lan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowTD View Post
They do a wall mount now do they eh? I asked about one a few weeks after I had my shub delivered last year (because there's blatantly grooves for a wall bracket) to be told such a thing did not exist!
It's just a bit of plastic, but only holds the hub off the wall by a couple of inches. That's fine for the standard cable attachment and also for the ethernet leads to plug in. If you needed an attenuator on the cable feed it wouldn't work.
Old 13-03-2012, 17:32   #7
ShadowTD
Inactive

Services: 200Mb & SH2ac
ShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond reputeShadowTD has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. Doesn't matter now anyway but it would have been nice to have for my setup...
ShadowTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 17:38   #8
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze

You could probably make something yourself out of a couple plastic sheets or wood. A few coat hooks or these will probably do the trick
Old 13-03-2012, 23:14   #9
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

Services: Plusnet FTTC, FoxSat HDR for TV, Vonage VOIP.
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze age
kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
If you needed an attenuator on the cable feed it wouldn't work.
The attenuator could go at the wall socket end...

Goes to show why every other bit of kit I've seen has the connectors on one of the edges instead of one of the faces. I always used to wall mount routers.
kwikbreaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2012, 23:24   #10
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

I'd be curious as to what would happen if you connected a one-way attenuator backwards.
Old 13-03-2012, 23:30   #11
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

kwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze agekwikbreaks has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by qasdfdsaq View Post
I'd be curious as to what would happen if you connected a one-way attenuator backwards.
I assumed it would just be like an extension cable so could be fitted either end - I must admit I've never looked. Come to that can they only be fitted one way round? If they can then the answer is simple - it wouldn't work but I imagine it make no difference. One of the installer guys will know for sure.
Old 13-03-2012, 23:39   #12
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

they fit 1 way. female/male
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 01:17   #13
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

It can be fitted the other way round, but it's still a forward path attenuator, emphasis forward. By definition it's supposed to attenuate signal in one direction and not the other.

To be honest it probably uses a frequency split rather than any clever directional circuitry but I'm still curious.
Old 14-03-2012, 02:01   #14
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

i failed to read correctly. your talking about screwing it into the isolator under the faceplate?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2012, 12:50   #15
kwikbreaks
cf.mega poster

It attenuates the downstream which is ~ 300MHz upwards and leaves the upstream which is < ~ 50MHz unattenuated. That means it's probably a resistive T with a low pass filter bypass. I've no idea if it would work either way around because I don't have a proper circuit diagram and cba to chase around on google looking for one.

Thinking about it you are right though - putting it at the wallplate end would turn it around. I have a 6dB FPA fitted and that was certainly put at the modem end.

If I hadn't got all my stuff behind the settee I'd try it out.