Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 17:57   #3331
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I'm opted in to the iPlayer beta on my Samsung TV. It's now got an option to Sign In to your BBC account.

The option isn't yet showing up on either TiVo or V6 even when on the beta option.
The same option is available on our TV and also on our retail Youview box.
Advertisement
Old 03-04-2017, 17:14   #3332
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
I'm opted in to the iPlayer beta on my Samsung TV. It's now got an option to Sign In to your BBC account.

The option isn't yet showing up on either TiVo or V6 even when on the beta option.
Is it a BBC store account or something to do with the paying of a licence?
Old 03-04-2017, 18:15   #3333
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

It's eventually to do with paying of a licence - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37477229

But as it's not yet mandatory or on all TV devices, for now its main function is to finally sync your viewing between all your iPlayer devices.

I suppose it's possible that once it is mandatory and for all devices, then iPlayer and BBC Store might start merging together. All depends what the BBC is allowed to do for that.
Old 03-04-2017, 23:21   #3334
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Heard a rumour that BT are interested in getting WWE Network on their channel list as a channel and including it in BT sports pack.
Anyone know any more?
Old 04-04-2017, 06:12   #3335
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

No is the answer to that..
Old 06-04-2017, 11:49   #3336
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
The reason i went with 2 Fire Sticks is i got them on Black Friday for £25 each and this was before i knew Kodi could be installed on them.
The new Amazon Fire stick released today is superb much better than the original one.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:25   #3337
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
The new Amazon Fire stick released today is superb much better than the original one.
In what way, i only use it for Kodi now since cancelling Netflix?
Old 06-04-2017, 14:55   #3338
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
In what way, i only use it for Kodi now since cancelling Netflix?
Don't get me wrong the old one is ok however in my opinion its very sluggish in operation I've noticed issues from time to time with lag when pressing on the remote.

The new stick has greater tech specs and also comes with the new UI out the box , I'm sure PB has mentioned all sticks will eventually get this.
Old 06-04-2017, 15:52   #3339
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post

also comes with the new UI out the box , I'm sure PB has mentioned all sticks will eventually get this.

I've read mixed views on the new UI. What is your opinion? (I'm still on the old one)
Old 06-04-2017, 15:58   #3340
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I've read mixed views on the new UI. What is your opinion? (I'm still on the old one)
I prefer it and as I say the new stick with Alex's is far more fluid to use none of the lag of the previous version. The new stick has 8GB storage , 1GB memory , a Quad core processor and 802.11ac Wi-Fi.
Old 06-04-2017, 16:24   #3341
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

I have a Roku stick, which gives me access to countless streaming services. Most are US rubbish of course, but all the common streaming channels (Amazon, Netflix, Now TV and the various players) are all on there.

Is it worth my while getting the new Amazon stick as well, or are the content choices pretty well the same? Does anyone know?
Old 06-04-2017, 19:11   #3342
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

This might be useful for those not sure which service has a programme that they want to watch:

https://www.justwatch.com/uk
Old 06-04-2017, 19:12   #3343
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I have a Roku stick, which gives me access to countless streaming services. Most are US rubbish of course, but all the common streaming channels (Amazon, Netflix, Now TV and the various players) are all on there.

Is it worth my while getting the new Amazon stick as well, or are the content choices pretty well the same? Does anyone know?

Amazon stick does not have Now TV. Off hand, I can think of no reason to add a Fire Stick.

In my lounge, where I have both a Fire TV box and Roku 2, I often use the Roku box over AFT box for Netflix and Amazon content
Old 06-04-2017, 19:33   #3344
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Bah, Netflix got the stupid auto-trailers on the PS4 now. Still don't have them on the Fire TV yet so there's that at least, hopefully it never gets them. They're really annoying.
Old 06-04-2017, 21:24   #3345
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaal View Post
Bah, Netflix got the stupid auto-trailers on the PS4 now. Still don't have them on the Fire TV yet so there's that at least, hopefully it never gets them. They're really annoying.
They've not arrived on my PS4 yet.
Closed Thread