Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2017/2018

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport

Season 2017/2018

Old 09-07-2017, 06:30   #76
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Football Season 2017/2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
Well they will have a few coppers to spare soon.
Well they will spend a little bit of that on your elderly old boy.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:22   #77
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

No chance, he will go on a free with a multi million pay out from United in his pocket, United will more than likely pay some of his much reduced wages at Everton, still cheaper than paying him until the end of his contract.

Have a good holiday BTW Den.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 14:43   #78
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Lukaku deal now confirmed on Uniteds web site subject to medical and terms, after the Essien and Obi Mikel episodes it is nice to put one on Chelski no matter how the move eventually pans out.
Old 14-07-2017, 12:13   #79
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

I wonder how much Everton are asking for this young prospect?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40602174
Old 15-07-2017, 06:26   #80
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

A few coppers perhaps.
Old 17-07-2017, 21:35   #81
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Jacob Murphy set to sign for Newcastle. £12m
Old 18-07-2017, 00:52   #82
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

A bit of bad planning, one of my nieces is getting married in November in Stafford. The same day that Man Utd are at home to Newcastle so I will be unable to be at OT that day.

The whole family spent some time living in the North East and one of her brothers became a Toon fan and remains one to this day even though he now lives down in Cornwall. Hopefully I will have occasion to give him some stick on the day.
Old 18-07-2017, 04:40   #83
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal

Never a dull affair between Newcastle and Man United. Although I tend to be on the receiving end of the disappointing result more frequently.

Sheyi Ojo seems to be the signing after Jacob Murphy. Which would leave the club with 5 wingers. Incoming rotation policy...

Also worth noting Tim Krul was essentially transfer listed and Newcastle continue to pursue Pepe Reina (Under bid from Man City) and other keeper targets after presumably failing to sign Joe Hart (Unsure if the interest was real) who has now moved to West Ham. I think the actual favourite at this point and most likely signing is Kiko Casilla of Madrid.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 18-07-2017 at 04:44.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2017, 10:13   #84
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Yep, usually good entertainment when Newcastle visit. I have told my niece that I will be wearing my United beanie hat and scarf throughout the wedding.

I did set a precedent at my own daughters wedding a couple of years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Colette-Phil-wedding-351 (Large).jpg (303.2 KB, 9 views)
Old 18-07-2017, 19:54   #85
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Newcastle sign Javier Manquillo ahead of Sevilla. Seems to be another depth addition.

I swear you could only register 25 players. Benitez must know something I don't regarding a potential clean out of players here.
Old 18-07-2017, 20:52   #86
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Jacob Murphy set to sign for Newcastle. £12m
Is he worth it?.

---------- Post added at 19:52 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzii_nufc View Post
Newcastle sign Javier Manquillo ahead of Sevilla. Seems to be another depth addition.

I swear you could only register 25 players. Benitez must know something I don't regarding a potential clean out of players here.
He was rubbish at our club.
Old 20-07-2017, 10:57   #87
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Hammer of the Scots.

Scottish defence very poor but some well taken goals all the same.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40662983
Old 21-07-2017, 16:48   #88
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Knew about this a few days ago but thought it was just blowing smoke. Seems it's actually happening. Neymar to PSG for £195 million.
Old 22-07-2017, 07:42   #89
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Mindboggling..
Old 22-07-2017, 21:37   #90
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

Seems Jack Wilshere will be subject to £20m bids from West Ham, Swansea and Newcastle. I'd imagine West Ham would be the favourite choice of the three.

Mitrovic has been transfer listed by Newcastle and a price is set at £16 million. Comes after Newcastle officially start their striker search and hope to smash their transfer record whilst still having too many players around the first team setup. I like Mitrovic, the guy just needs time, has the physicality of Ibrahimovic, has decent finishing but is just devoid of confidence, the guys still only 22 though. He'll run absolutely rampant at a European club. If Lyon take him it'll be a great signing for them. At the end of the day though, Benitez is a world class manager who has defined playing styles suited to players he identifies and already has st his disposal. The point being is Mitrovic doesn't fit that style.

Players like Ayoze Perez are far more favourable for Benitez. Players with flair and finesse. It makes sense Benitez would want a striker that could work better with Perez.