Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HTC One X

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology

HTC One X

Old 27-04-2012, 21:01   #1
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
HTC One X

Hi,

Anybody here with a HTC One X?

Just wondered what case you got for it..and what screen protectors you are using?

I've just upgraded from a HTC Desire HD...I had one of the official HTC leather slip cases for that and I thought I'd get the same case for the One X....

Word of warning - DONT BOTHER!! They've changed the leather so it's a bit softer and the pull tab is now on esastic and dosn't pull the phone out anywhere near as much as the previous one. And when you pull on the esastic tab the case collapes in your hands which makes it easy to drop the phone....it's a nightmare!

I'm now using the old Desire HD case for the One X - it's tighter but it dosn't completly cover the phone - the top sticks out a bit...

So - need a new case...

Not sure about those hard shell things - I'd perfer to give it some all-round protection.
Advertisement
Old 27-04-2012, 21:31   #2
iain_herts
Ex SKY Engineer

Services: 2x sky+ /sky16Mb/bt phone
iain_herts has reached the bronze age
iain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to iain_herts
Re: HTC One X

i just got this one today its a soft Silicone Case with a Screen Protector

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1607859043...84.m1497.l2649
Old 27-04-2012, 21:49   #3
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iain_herts View Post
i just got this one today its a soft Silicone Case with a Screen Protector

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1607859043...84.m1497.l2649

What's the case like?

Was the screen protector made for the device or was it one of those gash ones you have to cut?
Old 28-04-2012, 00:47   #4
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack

Got a Martin fields screen protector. Not overly impressed its ok, doesnt cover the screen completely 1 - 2 mm gap around edge. Got a clear you case, nothing special but works fine.

May end buying a 'skin' for it. Got a nice holder for the car works really well, universal clip holder from mobilefun.

Jamie
jamiefrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 12:52   #5
iain_herts
Ex SKY Engineer

Services: 2x sky+ /sky16Mb/bt phone
iain_herts has reached the bronze age
iain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze ageiain_herts has reached the bronze age
Send a message via MSN to iain_herts

the case is ok and the screen is just a bit off plastice that sticks to the screen all ready cut for no more than £3 its ok and as jamiefrost said the screen cover does lease a small gap aroung the edge
Old 28-04-2012, 13:09   #6
Jon T
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Telephone and 100Mb broadband, Sky Q
Jon T has reached the bronze age
Jon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze ageJon T has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Hi,

Anybody here with a HTC One X?

Just wondered what case you got for it..and what screen protectors you are using?

I've just upgraded from a HTC Desire HD...I had one of the official HTC leather slip cases for that and I thought I'd get the same case for the One X....

Word of warning - DONT BOTHER!! They've changed the leather so it's a bit softer and the pull tab is now on esastic and dosn't pull the phone out anywhere near as much as the previous one. And when you pull on the esastic tab the case collapes in your hands which makes it easy to drop the phone....it's a nightmare!

I'm now using the old Desire HD case for the One X - it's tighter but it dosn't completly cover the phone - the top sticks out a bit...

So - need a new case...

Not sure about those hard shell things - I'd perfer to give it some all-round protection.
How does it compare with the DHD Lee?

My contract is up in October and barring any serious negative reviews, the HTC One X is what i'll be getting.
Jon T is offline   Reply With Quote