Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New phone confusion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

New phone confusion

Old 23-02-2016, 10:16   #1
Albonia
Inactive

Albonia is an unknown quantity at this point
New phone confusion

I have just got a shiny new Sony Xperia M4 Aqua. The instructions such as they are say i have to insert the new sim card into the phone. And from the instructions it looks like the card goes into a slot at the side.

Problem is it wont fit

Its my first smart phone although i have had other mobile phones. With my old phones you took the back off and fitted the sim card. I wonder if Virgin have sent me the wrong card by any chance.
Albonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2016, 11:12   #2
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New phone confusion

You need to be using a Nano sim card. Also make sure you are trying to put it in the correct slot as the M4 has a MicroSD slot as well.

http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/...qua%20assembly
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 14:23   #3
Albonia
Inactive

I think the sim is wrong. Looking at the virgin media card the sim came on it looks like they sent me a micro sim (it has a red border)

Is there a Virgin phone number to call if you have problems.
Old 23-02-2016, 14:54   #4
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

They wouldn't have sent the wrong SIM. All SIMs now can be pushed out to be either Micro or Nano.
Old 23-02-2016, 15:24   #5
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
They wouldn't have sent the wrong SIM. All SIMs now can be pushed out to be either Micro or Nano.
What Stephen said, just popout the Nano sim from the Microsim.
Old 23-02-2016, 15:42   #6
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

Yes, I learned that. What you do is, push the SIM from the gold part out and there is your nano SIM card.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2016, 18:31   #7
Albonia
Inactive

Thanks guys now i see what i am supposed to do. It was not obvious that i had to pop the sim of the little card but i did it and it works
Old 24-02-2016, 08:07   #8
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

No worries, it isn't made clear. I had to call them up when I got mine last year. I did suggest to them that they include instructions on how the micro SIM works, they obviously don't feel it is needed.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 20:43   #9
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation
Talking Re: New phone confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
No worries, it isn't made clear. I had to call them up when I got mine last year. I did suggest to them that they include instructions on how the micro SIM works, they obviously don't feel it is needed.
Not clear at all, that the delivered SIM can be either a Micro or Nano depending on what phone you have got!

The stupid thing I rung up saying I needed a Nano SIM and the CS sent me out another of these dual SIMS
Old 08-03-2016, 21:16   #10
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I got mine cut down for free by my local mobile store.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 21:49   #11
mhatter67

Services: Big Kahuna, Phone XL, Boxnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I got mine cut down for free by my local mobile store.
The funny thing is to make it a Nano SIM you just need to push it out of the middle