Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | No programme

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues

No programme

Old 08-11-2011, 23:08   #1
Ld30
Inactive

Ld30 is an unknown quantity at this point
No programme

I bought a v box on eBay , I put my card in and all that comes up on screen is digital service will start shortly but it never does , ld:30 is on the display on box I tried holding ch - button but it just goes as far as ap:52 , need tv please help
Ld30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2011, 23:22   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: No programme

I'm afraid you have wasted your money. Only boxes directly supplied by Virgin Media will work.

What do you mean by "I put my card in"? Are you already a VM TV customer?
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 23:31   #3
Ld30
Inactive

Yes , my old box just stopped working , no display lights , so I bought this on eBay , There must be a way 2 reprogram it to suit my card ?
Old 08-11-2011, 23:34   #4
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ld30 View Post
I bought a v box on eBay , I put my card in and all that comes up on screen is digital service will start shortly but it never does , ld:30 is on the display on box I tried holding ch - button but it just goes as far as ap:52 , need tv please help
Let's get something straight, if you want services from virgin you will need to subscribe through the correct channels. I suggest you ring virgin, and pay a monthly subscription like everyone else. And yes you've wasted your money buying the v box off eBay.
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 23:37   #5
Ld30
Inactive

Yes let's ! I am a paying customer and I called them , they can't send an engineer till saturday . Just thought this might save him the bother .
Old 08-11-2011, 23:39   #6
Jameseh

You can always use the box as a doorstep.
Old 08-11-2011, 23:42   #7
Ld30
Inactive

And u can get a life and stop wasting my time on this !
Old 09-11-2011, 08:05   #8
beeman
Kiss My Stinger

Services: Virgin VIP package, FREEVIEW
beeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to beholdbeeman is a splendid one to behold

Im afraid the box you brought of ebay is nothing but a doorstop. You will have to wait ti saturday for the engneer to get your origional box working. i would also demand a refund from the ebay seller as there is zero chance of getting the box you brought working.
beeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 14:20   #9
dontpannic
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media VIP Pack (20MEG!!) Free to air Digital Satellite Freeview
dontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud ofdontpannic has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to dontpannic

It is technically handling stolen goods when purchasing VM equipment from eBay.
When the box you had stopped working just call faults and they'll swap the box out for free.

The reason it isn't booting properly is that its probably looking for the frequency of another part of the network, not the one you're in. However, the card would not be paired to the reciever so you'd only recieve a few channels of your subscription. I inherited a Pace reciever from someone down the road who moved in to the property and had a VM box left over. I plugged it in at home and it fired up, however the card had been deactivated so I could only recieve things like BBC1/2 ITV, Ch4 etc. When an engineer was passing I asked him if he wanted to take it back, but he said he'd have no way of booking it into the system and his bosses would ask where it came from, so he said best thing to do is just dump it, so I did.
dontpannic is offline   Reply With Quote