Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Child grooming gang found guilty

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Child grooming gang found guilty

Old 19-05-2015, 05:47   #751
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
and your point is what?
.....clear to all but the most blind far left wingers. Time and time again gangs of Asian and non-British men are in court on sex offence charges. Unless there's a wide-scale conspiracy in the media to play down reports of white British male gangs doing the same thing there is CLEARLY a problem in the Asian community that is not being dealt with. The authorities seem far more interested in community cohesion than dealing with this issue.

Think I'm being racist? Ask my GF and her 2 daughters who are British-Indian or our son who is mixed-race (although with him being 10 months old he may offer little more than a gurgle or two) what they think about that.

Apologists for the Asian community or those desperate to be seen to be sticking up for them will point out that all those being charged with offences connected to Operation Yewtree are white males.

A valid observation of course but it falls on its face when you take in to account that their heydays were a period where if you were anything other than white Anglo-Saxon you were extremely unlikely to get anywhere near mainstream TV or broadcasting.

The same for Catholic priests - the vast, vast majority in our towns and communities would be white.

If you do a google for "sex gang in court" and go back say 5 pages tell me how many cases show up that don't involve Asian or non-British men. Again, this could be down to Google chosing to only select certain types of cases but I'd very much doubt that.

Unless you can offer a different and more straightforward alternative scenario there are extremely regular reports of 'street' gangs of men from certain ethnic backgrounds in court on sex charges where they repeatedly target vulnerable girls. Some try to say they only target white girls - that does seem to happen too but I make no comment on that as in the vast majority of these cases the the courts hide the details of the victims (as is the law) but I don't see that as being the overriding issue.

There is a clear and massive problem in Asian communities surrounding this and nobody seems willing to deal with it as time and time again we hear of these court cases. No amount of PC-ness can hide the common denominator in each of them. Some try to suggest it's always Pakistani men, others often try to throw in the word 'Muslim', I'm not that destructive. When I see a headline (and no I don't mean the Daily Mail, I'm more a Mirror reader) about a sex gang in court I'm always pretty certain I'll know the kind of names contained in the report.

Can you prove me wrong? As I've said several times please please do. I don't mean that in an arrogant or facetious way, I genuinely want to be proven wrong as doing so will reassure me our society doesn't really have the problem I believe is so apparent. To date I'm sorry to say nobody has succeeded in my request yet.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 19-05-2015, 08:46   #752
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
and your point is what?
If you'd bothered reading the thread you'd know what his point is.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 14:12   #753
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
V

.....clear to all but the most blind far left wingers. Time and time again gangs of Asian and non-British men are in court on sex offence charges. Unless there's a wide-scale conspiracy in the media to play down reports of white British male gangs doing the same thing there is CLEARLY a problem in the Asian community that is not being dealt with. The authorities seem far more interested in community cohesion than dealing with this issue.

Think I'm being racist? Ask my GF and her 2 daughters who are British-Indian or our son who is mixed-race (although with him being 10 months old he may offer little more than a gurgle or two) what they think about that.

Apologists for the Asian community or those desperate to be seen to be sticking up for them will point out that all those being charged with offences connected to Operation Yewtree are white males.

A valid observation of course but it falls on its face when you take in to account that their heydays were a period where if you were anything other than white Anglo-Saxon you were extremely unlikely to get anywhere near mainstream TV or broadcasting.

The same for Catholic priests - the vast, vast majority in our towns and communities would be white.

If you do a google for "sex gang in court" and go back say 5 pages tell me how many cases show up that don't involve Asian or non-British men. Again, this could be down to Google chosing to only select certain types of cases but I'd very much doubt that.

Unless you can offer a different and more straightforward alternative scenario there are extremely regular reports of 'street' gangs of men from certain ethnic backgrounds in court on sex charges where they repeatedly target vulnerable girls. Some try to say they only target white girls - that does seem to happen too but I make no comment on that as in the vast majority of these cases the the courts hide the details of the victims (as is the law) but I don't see that as being the overriding issue.

There is a clear and massive problem in Asian communities surrounding this and nobody seems willing to deal with it as time and time again we hear of these court cases. No amount of PC-ness can hide the common denominator in each of them. Some try to suggest it's always Pakistani men, others often try to throw in the word 'Muslim', I'm not that destructive. When I see a headline (and no I don't mean the Daily Mail, I'm more a Mirror reader) about a sex gang in court I'm always pretty certain I'll know the kind of names contained in the report.

Can you prove me wrong? As I've said several times please please do. I don't mean that in an arrogant or facetious way, I genuinely want to be proven wrong as doing so will reassure me our society doesn't really have the problem I believe is so apparent. To date I'm sorry to say nobody has succeeded in my request yet.
Unlike what others believe, I have read this thread.

I do not disagree that the Asian community has an issue that needs to be dealt with. Moreoever, they need to be seen to be dealing with it.

The point I am making is that the media have to be very careful in how this is reported. This reason why is this: I have very good friends who are Asian, Sikh specifically. They have put up with years of petty racism from various idiots they meet in their daily lives .. like the **** who shouted racist insults after 9/11 and 7/7 acusing them of being Muslim.

Imagine a headline in the Sun or Daily Mail: "Oh look, another Asian sex gang in court." This is exactly what these petty minded bigots want to hear. They wouldn't think too far beyond this sort of headline and would inevitably lead to more racial incidents.

In my opinion, this whole subject has to be handled very carefully (in the media) to avoid inflaming racial tensions. This is my point ..

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
If you'd bothered reading the thread you'd know what his point is.
Thank you for this insight
Old 19-05-2015, 14:20   #754
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

I do not disagree that the Asian community has an issue that needs to be dealt with. Moreoever, they need to be seen to be dealing with it.

The point I am making is that the media have to be very careful in how this is reported. This reason why is this: I have very good friends who are Asian, Sikh specifically. They have put up with years of petty racism from various idiots they meet in their daily lives .. like the **** who shouted racist insults after 9/11 and 7/7 acusing them of being Muslim.

Imagine a headline in the Sun or Daily Mail: "Oh look, another Asian sex gang in court." This is exactly what these petty minded bigots want to hear. They wouldn't think too far beyond this sort of headline and would inevitably lead to more racial incidents.

In my opinion, this whole subject has to be handled very carefully (in the media) to avoid inflaming racial tensions. This is my point ..

---------- Post added at 13:12 ---------- Previous post was at 13:11 ----------

Thank you for this insight
You're welcome. Thanks for yours - it added precisely nothing. So you knew what Russ's point was but asked anyway?...
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 14:36   #755
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
You're welcome. Thanks for yours - it added precisely nothing. So you knew what Russ's point was but asked anyway?...
Let's agree to differ on this
Old 19-05-2015, 14:56   #756
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:

Handling it "very carefully" is exactly what South Yorkshire Police and the Rotherham authorities did for 20-odd years and look where that got them. Placing 'community cohesion' above the needs of vulnerable children is the most arse-backwards and ridiculous approach to take.

If the Asian communities feel these bad apples give them a bad name then surely they ought to be doing more about the problem from within. It's very straightforward.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 19-05-2015, 14:58   #757
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Handling it "very carefully" is exactly what South Yorkshire Police and the Rotherham authorities did for 20-odd years and look where that got them. Placing 'community cohesion' above the needs of vulnerable children is the most arse-backwards and ridiculous approach to take.

If the Asian communities feel these bad apples give them a bad name then surely they ought to be doing more about the problem from within. It's very straightforward.
I am talking about the reporting of these events in the media
Old 19-05-2015, 14:59   #758
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:
I am talking about the reporting of these events in the media
The media have a responsibility to tell us what is going on out there, plain and simple.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 19-05-2015, 15:05   #759
ianch99
cf.mega poster

Quote:
The media have a responsibility to tell us what is going on out there, plain and simple.
There is no such thing as "plain and simple" media reporting. There is a wide spectrum of reporting styles: responsible, factual, sensational, irresponsible, agenda driven, etc.

Look, I have made my point. I have also said I agree that the Asian community have a problem and they need to address it.
Old 19-05-2015, 16:16   #760
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

Quote:
V

Is there any way someone could find this out?

The proportion of sex cases involving the nationalities/religions involved?

Freedom Of Information maybe?

Because the word "asian" is essentially meaningless.
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 16:32   #761
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post

Trawling local newspaper reports would be one way to do it.

When you look at the detail, most of the 'Asian' men are actually from families of Pakistani or Bangladeshi origin. Our news outlets doubtless have their reasons for being coy about the specifics.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 16:43   #762
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura

Quote:

Not meaningless at all, it's quite descriptive and it's a common denominator in these cases.

There might be ways to get figures but put "sex gang in court" in to google and the first 5 to 10 pages show a very telling story.

---------- Post added at 15:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:42 ----------

Quote:
There is no such thing as "plain and simple" media reporting.
What's not so plain and simple about all these cases involving Asian men?

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 19-05-2015, 17:44   #763
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Let's agree to differ on this
Excuse Osem. he likes playing Teacher's pet sometimes

But yeh. the women need to be a bit more opinionated and not hold back so much. and the men need to be not so controlling.

then maybe they can tell us what they're doing about this problem.
Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 20:27   #764
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:

Here's a start.
Quote:
In January 2011, Andrew Norfolk wrote an article for The Times
newspaper which is claimed to have formed a watershed. He
went back through all the court cases for convictions of groups of
men who groomed schoolgirls for sex
. Between 1997 and 2010, he
found 56 men who fit this criterion. Only 5 out of the 56 men
convicted were not Muslims
. Muslims are less than 5% of the
population, but in Norfolk’s retrospective survey, they were 91%
of those convicted. An extraordinary statistical inversion such as this
demands further investigation. On the basis of this and related
articles, Norfolk received two coveted prizes from his peers for
investigative journalism.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 23:24   #765
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Ooh look.

Amother misrepresentation, no doubt.

Five charged after Oxford child sex raids
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-33001256