Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Improve Ping Test Results?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

virgin virus protector

Old 25-01-2010, 11:47   #1
manofdevon
Inactive

manofdevon is on a distinguished roadmanofdevon is on a distinguished road
virgin virus protector

I do not have the virgin virus security installed on my PC because my PC supplier would not give me a guarantee and service unless I installed his supplied program, (Bullguard, which is quite good).

However I am now getting email on my virgin home page which has not been available over the past three years but has suddenly come to life.

I use Outlook express and Bullguard, spy nuker for my mails, however does the mail that goes into virgin email still get scanned by these two programs? or have I now got to consider virgin security?
manofdevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-01-2010, 16:39   #2
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: virgin virus protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofdevon View Post
I do not have the virgin virus security installed on my PC because my PC supplier would not give me a guarantee and service unless I installed his supplied program, (Bullguard, which is quite good).

However I am now getting email on my virgin home page which has not been available over the past three years but has suddenly come to life.

I use Outlook express and Bullguard, spy nuker for my mails, however does the mail that goes into virgin email still get scanned by these two programs? or have I now got to consider virgin security?
You are not commited to Virgin security. I assume you mean PCGuard. It's not much good anyway. For very average protection it uses up a lot of system resources.

I use Spyware Doctor including antivirus on my Windows 7 machines. My Virgin and all other mail is scanned by that through Outlook. You can choose what malware detector you prefer.

Not sure what you mean by messages coming to life after 3 years. Is this SPAM you are referring to? The Virgin mail server uses its own security filters, like most ISPs, regardless of what you have on your PC. They will stop a certain amount ever reaching you.

[img]Download Failed (1)[/img]
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2010, 17:20   #3
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofdevon View Post

If you mean you have received old emails then you may find some background information in this thread.

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/80...ting-mail.html
Old 26-01-2010, 08:31   #4
manofdevon
Inactive

manofdevon is on a distinguished roadmanofdevon is on a distinguished road

Thanks for both replies above, so my virus security(Bullguard) works the virgin mail, Good.

Yes the old mails that came through were not spam and is as mentioned above link.
manofdevon is offline   Reply With Quote