Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Speed drop for full house bundle?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

Speed drop for full house bundle?

Old 29-07-2017, 12:51   #1
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Speed drop for full house bundle?

Whats this about the full house bundle dropping the BB speed from 200mb to 100mb supposedly effective for new customers joining after August 1st?

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...-100mbs#latest
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-07-2017, 12:54   #2
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
Re: Speed drop for full house bundle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Whats this about the full house bundle dropping the BB speed from 200mb to 100mb supposedly effective for new customers joining after August 1st?

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...-100mbs#latest
http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles.html
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2017, 14:35   #3
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
All that tells us is the current packages
Old 01-08-2017, 11:39   #4
greeninferno
cf.addict

greeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud ofgreeninferno has much to be proud of

I notice there they have put up the price of the VIP 12 month introductory offer from £85 to £90 a month but increased the Broadband offering to Vivid 300

Does that mean they are going to increase everyone currently on that tier to the elevated speeds once the price increases kick in?
greeninferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:36   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post
I notice there they have put up the price of the VIP 12 month introductory offer from £85 to £90 a month but increased the Broadband offering to Vivid 300

Does that mean they are going to increase everyone currently on that tier to the elevated speeds once the price increases kick in?
Lol

No

They will wait untill VIP customers call up and then offer it in return for a 12month contract
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:58   #6
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeninferno View Post

£125 after the £90 offer too.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:30   #7
bolgerp
cf.member

bolgerp is an unknown quantity at this point

I just checked my area using the online tool (without having signed in) and Vivid 300 is now available. (It wasn't a couple of months ago). There is no mention of this in the Upgrades section of my online account, so I called Customer Service. They confirmed that Vivid 300 is available and that it would bring my bill from £87 to £95 per month. I have the Full House (VIP) bundle and the Sky Cinema Collection as well. It's just Sky Sports that I don't have. I am undecided as to whether the £8 increase from 200to 300 is worth it. The geek in me says yes but is there really that much of a difference that I'd notice?
bolgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:38   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

If you're on the standard VIVID 200, your upload also goes from 12Mbps to 20Mbps, and VIVID 300 doesn't have any upstream management either.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:48   #9
Kabaal
Haggis Hunting

Kabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of QuadsKabaal has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgerp View Post
I just checked my area using the online tool (without having signed in) and Vivid 300 is now available. (It wasn't a couple of months ago). There is no mention of this in the Upgrades section of my online account, so I called Customer Service. They confirmed that Vivid 300 is available and that it would bring my bill from £87 to £95 per month. I have the Full House (VIP) bundle and the Sky Cinema Collection as well. It's just Sky Sports that I don't have. I am undecided as to whether the £8 increase from 200to 300 is worth it. The geek in me says yes but is there really that much of a difference that I'd notice?
Depends how often you download very large files I suppose. The difference between them for say a 30GB game is roughly 25mins vs 15mins. If that's something you do very often or there are multiple people in the house downloading large files at the same time you might find it worth it, if it's something you only do rarely then probably not.

Downloading smaller files of 1GB for example it's only the difference between 30 seconds and 45 seconds.

This is assuming the devices (and sources you are downloading from) being used to download can actually reach the max speeds. When i used to game on PC i'd have no problem maxing out my connection but now that I download via PS4 I don't think it would actually reach 300mb/s anyway. Same goes for our phones and tablets.

It won't make any difference to streaming things like netflix, amazon prime etc. They will stream exactly the same whether you have 50mb or 300mb.

Personally I wouldn't bother but i get that for some people the extra money doesn't matter, if I earned enough that I never had to budget for anything i'd pay for whatever the highest speed is whether i needed it or not.

Edit - I didn't consider upload speed, BenMcr makes a good point if that's something that matters to you.
Kabaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 12:00   #10
bolgerp
cf.member

bolgerp is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers all... didn't consider the upload or the management.... will have a think.
bolgerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 19:17   #11
Paul
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: Flextel SIP : Sky Mobile : Sky Q TV : VM BB (1000 Mbps) : Aquiss FTTP (330 Mbps)
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars
Paul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered starsPaul is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
If you're on the standard VIVID 200, your upload also goes from 12Mbps to 20Mbps, and VIVID 300 doesn't have any upstream management either.
Hmm, so is Gamer upload increasing ?

The only reason I have it is for the 20MB U/L.

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 20:29   #12
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Services: VVIP 500mb aka Ultimate Oomph (who the hell thought that name up??) 4X V6 Samsung UE55KU6470 4K TV
Phil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation era

OK, now I'm confused. Just rang up for my annual end of contract whinge and am now on VIP with Vivid 350 cheaper than my previous VIP with Vivid 200 package.

Did I miss something somewhere? I expected Vivid 300 but got Vivid 350???

Phil-ntl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 21:24   #13
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-ntl View Post
OK, now I'm confused. Just rang up for my annual end of contract whinge and am now on VIP with Vivid 350 cheaper than my previous VIP with Vivid 200 package.

Did I miss something somewhere? I expected Vivid 300 but got Vivid 350???

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7691766.html
Old 03-08-2017, 21:37   #14
Phil-ntl
Body of a God (Buddha)!

Services: VVIP 500mb aka Ultimate Oomph (who the hell thought that name up??) 4X V6 Samsung UE55KU6470 4K TV
Phil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation eraPhil-ntl has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
That seems to be for Business Broadband. No mention of consumer?

Cheers
Phil
Phil-ntl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 21:44   #15
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolgerp View Post
I just checked my area using the online tool (without having signed in) and Vivid 300 is now available.
can you post a link because I cant find anything which tells you specifically whether 300mbits is available in my area or not.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote