Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Closed Thread

Old 26-04-2017, 16:18   #1126
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
Preston, and configured the same as Blackpool.
Thanks for that SP.

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Thanks for info.

Has they launch on Worldbox yet?
The French channels were added back in January, check the post on your website.

As an update to your January post:

French Bouquet:

Subscription channels: France 2, France 3, France 5 & Cartoon TV French.
Free channel: BFM TV

Eurochannel has departed from the app since January, so much for that one...

Spanish Bouquet:

Subscription channels: Antena 3, Atreseries (aka A3Series), MIS (Made In Spain) & TVE
Free channel: Canal 24 Horas

Portuguese Bouquet:

Subscription channels: Benfica TV, TVI Internacional, TVI Ficção & Criança TV
Free channel: SiC International (SIC Internacional)

Polish Bouquet:

Subscription channels: TVP Polonia, ITVN, ITVN Extra & Kino Polska International
Free channels: TVN 24, TVP Info & Kino Polska Muzyka International

Russian Bouquet:

Subscription channels: Planeta HD, Moolt, Bestseller & RTR Planeta
Free channels: CTC (STS) & Russia 24

European Bouquet:

Free channels: TGCOM24 (Italian), 1 + 1 (Ukrainian) & TVRI (Romanian)

Arabic Bouquet:

Free channel: Nessma

In your January post you listed VIVA and Coleta as FTA channels, they weren't channels just the names of the Spanish and Portuguese Worldbox apps. These apps were subsequently removed, with all channels being build into the main Worldbox app.

Last edited by jj20x; 26-04-2017 at 16:35.

Advertisement
Old 26-04-2017, 16:22   #1127
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The trouble with you Vince is you have been having champagne and caviar for the last 10 years but alas most of us are now have got used to the bread and dripping since those golden years.
very true sir! Instead of champagne its usually sparkling rose wine though. Instead of caviar substitute "marks and spencers nibbles" and you'd be correct.

Do VM have a channel acquisition team anymore? Remember a few years back then no channels arrived and we learnt it was due to the fact no one was even in discussion with channels to bring them onto VM due to a job vacancy that hadnt been filled...
Old 26-04-2017, 16:27   #1128
jj20x

Quote:
Box Plus Channels may close on Virgin Media on May 1st.

https://tvforum.uk/tvhome/box-plus-n...n-media-42621/

Story from yesterday we just found it today. We are working to see what is going on.
Interesting but as the announcement on the boxplus website has now been removed, there may have been an agreement to continue on VM. These channels are widely available on streaming apps, perhaps there could be a Box Plus app on the Tivo at some point. If that happens, lets hope that the video and audio are in sync. The last time I tried to use it, channels on the Clubland AKA app were so far out of sync that it was unwatchable (this needs fixing).

Old 26-04-2017, 17:12   #1129
telegramsam
telegramsam

Services: Sky Q,Multiscreen, Sky phone line, Sky broadband,Free view.
telegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant futuretelegramsam has a brilliant future
Talking Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
very true sir! Instead of champagne its usually sparkling rose wine though. Instead of caviar substitute "marks and spencers nibbles" and you'd be correct.

Do VM have a channel acquisition team anymore? Remember a few years back then no channels arrived and we learnt it was due to the fact no one was even in discussion with channels to bring them onto VM due to a job vacancy that hadnt been filled...
If there's a vacancy I think you should apply Vince!
Old 26-04-2017, 17:40   #1130
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Thanks for info.

Has they launch on Worldbox yet?

---------- Post added at 13:52 ---------- Previous post was at 13:51 ----------

Any links?
They've appeared on the OFCOM licensing website, i'm assuming that they'll be coming to VM in the same way as their other channels have.
Old 26-04-2017, 18:42   #1131
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Oh your post will be forgotten mate the masiah himself MB has posted it we must worship at his feet, i also posted months ago that box office HD was coming to vm in spring 2017 but got laughed at hence why i no longer post rumours i get.
Ha ha we're just foot soldiers walking over land-mined fields. I say just post any rumours, I may rib you about it of course, but I understand if it's more hassle than it's worth!
Old 26-04-2017, 20:00   #1132
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Greetings friends. Will we ever see anything coming soon to virgin media again?

I remember the glorious summer of 2011 (?) when this board lit up with the sudden arrival of the BT sport channels. It was the best of days.

Now in 2017....nothing ever comes.

Wheres my fox news? Wheres my sky atlantic? Virgin media get these two channels and then potentially we can close these forums down as we have triumphed.
BIB except price rises.

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Quote:
No news on if anything will happen in Summer 2017.

But with Sky Sports Box Office HD set to launch on Saturday it look to MB HQ that Virgin Media has sign an new deal with Sky UK so we see more Sky Basic channels coming in the coming months.

But saying that they did sign an 5 year deal in 2014.

---------- Post added at 14:17 ---------- Previous post was at 13:57 ----------

Box Plus: Box Plus Channels may close on Virgin Media on May 1st.

https://tvforum.uk/tvhome/box-plus-n...n-media-42621/

Story from yesterday we just found it today. We are working to see what is going on.
Really do hope you guys on VM get the missing SKY channels.

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:57 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Ha ha we're just foot soldiers walking over land-mined fields. I say just post any rumours, I may rib you about it of course, but I understand if it's more hassle than it's worth!
I don't mind the ribbing it's certain posters nasty swipes that get my back up, the regulars always rib us rumour posters it makes it more enjoyable as it's great banter, then you get the spiteful ones messaging you with nasty comments those are the reason i'm reducing what i post.
Old 26-04-2017, 20:01   #1133
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

price rises is the only certainty of the year and there one sky channel VM will never get
Old 26-04-2017, 20:09   #1134
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
BIB except price rises.

---------- Post added at 18:57 ---------- Previous post was at 18:56 ----------

Really do hope you guys on VM get the missing SKY channels.
We know two less well known channels that Virgin Media do not carry from Sky UK.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 26-04-2017, 20:21   #1135
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
I don't mind the ribbing it's certain posters nasty swipes that get my back up, the regulars always rib us rumour posters it makes it more enjoyable as it's great banter, then you get the spiteful ones messaging you with nasty comments those are the reason i'm reducing what i post.
How ridiculous is people bothering to message you? I would be flattered by the importance they bestow on you.
Old 26-04-2017, 20:37   #1136
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
How ridiculous is people bothering to message you? I would be flattered by the importance they bestow on you.
Sadly there will always be a very small minority whether its on here or on social media who resort to nastiness when they disagree with somebody else's opinion.
Old 26-04-2017, 20:47   #1137
jj20x

Quote:
But with Sky Sports Box Office HD set to launch on Saturday it look to MB HQ that Virgin Media has sign an new deal with Sky UK so we see more Sky Basic channels coming in the coming months.

But saying that they did sign an 5 year deal in 2014.
Quote:
We know two less well known channels that Virgin Media do not carry from Sky UK.
I must admit that, when I read your original post, I thought that'll be Sky One +1 and Pick +1.

Old 26-04-2017, 22:03   #1138
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj20x View Post
I must admit that, when I read your original post, I thought that'll be Sky One +1 and Pick +1.
Maybe SKY will combine picktv with Skysports mix so vm get pick n mix

i'll get my coat now.
Old 26-04-2017, 22:22   #1139
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Maybe SKY will combine picktv with Skysports mix so vm get pick n mix

i'll get my coat now.
lol, not bad. I doubt the cloak room would have given you your coat back before on account of the repetition of the VM price rise jokes but I think they will be far happier now.
And there are rumours pick'n'mix might be returning to our high streets but I'm sceptical!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-streets.html
Old 26-04-2017, 23:53   #1140
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
"Vodafone has put its plans to join Britain’s crowded pay-TV market on pause indefinitely as it battles tough trading on home turf and strives to build its share of the broadband market."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...odafone-sales/
UPDATE

"Vodafone's UK arm has wasted millions of pounds on pay-TV channel contracts that it is now seeking to escape."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/...-tv-ambitions/
Closed Thread